“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Ulysse Resort & Thalasso Djerba

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Ulysse Resort & Thalasso Djerba to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Ulysse Resort & Thalasso Djerba
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Houmt-Souk | P.O. Box 239, Djerba Island 4180, Tunisia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #7 of 112 hotels in Djerba Island
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great place to relax for a week. Pool was lovely, sea really warm. I would say this is the best resort on the island as more intimate than other resorts and has the best facilities. The staff where really friendly and helpful and upgraded our room on request. The interiors are lovely. Breakfast was brilliant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having travelled a lot in the Arab world Park hotel is very good............ Location is good for a holiday as well as business meetings........... We needed a room for presentation and they gave us a big bar free of charge for ourself, that is good!
Good bits: Room, breakfast buffet, outdoor pool and beach area, price
Not so good bits: Slow service

Overall: perfect for holiday, good for business

Room Tip: Get a seafacing room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

So I understand that this is a resort and they make most of the money on all of the services in addition to the rooms, but what they do here is pretty bad. First off, a Sea View room doesn't necessarily mean that. When I first checked in, I was given a room where I had to stick my head out of the balcony and look left to see the ocean...that's what I paid extra for? I asked for a new room, this second room had a building between me and the water...again, is this really what I paid extra for? The worst part is I was there in October and it was DEAD, 50% capacity would've been generous. I was there for four nights and it took them three tries to give me a room with a good view of the water?

Second....very few people here speak decent English. I'm sure the manager here is going to come on here and give me an excuse or something, but it's true. Ordering room service was such a painful experience.

Which leads me to why I was ordering room service, despite the low rates, they gouge you elsewhere. Their buffet dinner was 75 TD (about $50 or 40 euros) and very mediocre looking. The other restaurants weren't much better, though room service was a little reasonable and of decent quality (unfortunately if you don't speak French or Arabic you'll spend twenty minutes trying to get your order in). Finally, the third night I took a taxi into town (5 TD each way) and ate a much better meal for a fraction of the price. Do your favor and do that from the beginning...

The good is that the rooms were nice, pool area was great, and the beach was very convenient!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

have stayed in the Park Inn for 6 nights in order to relax with Family. Even thought I have booked a room with a garden view, I have been upgraded to a room with a wonderfull view on the pool and beach. The room was very bright and clean, and the service was excellent and the stuff are very kind and helpfull. The breakfast was very rich and varied. I will recommend the hotel and I will certainly come back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was hoping the Park Inn might be a good news story for Tunisian tourism, judging by the positive reviews here. However in the three short hours I have been here (!), I have been incredibly shocked at the lack of hospitality and welcome and have encountered several staff without a clue about service, in particular the surly check in staff and the beach bar buffoons. (The guest services manager however is charming.)
I am used to Tunisia's different standards, having travelled and worked here for quite some time, but given the property brand and the price point, it's just not up to scratch.
On a plus side, the room's refurbishment is stylish, though it's hard to tamp down the 80s beige underneath. I am only here for one night, but I would be checking out tomorrow if I wasn't anyway.
There's so much potential... but sadly it is not realised here.

Room Tip: If you must come, ask for seaview. Otherwise it would be grim.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We've been at this hotel at the end of August 2012, as a family - my husband, me and our 7 month daughter. We've booked the room by internet, but upon arrival found out that "the policy of the hotel" doesnt allow women wearing hijab to swim in their swimming pool and the sea!!
This was afwul, disrespectful !! And the most sad - this is happening in a muslim country.

First of all, this "hotel policy" must be underlined on websites, so people know where they are going and what to expect. Its good we came by car and my husband just cancelled our booking, we turned back and went to another hotel. Though the beginning of vacations has already been spoiled :( But what about people who're coming from other countries, buying a tour, and they cant change - for these women damaged vacations are garanteed. Unfortunately.
And second of all, a woman has her right to wear anything she considered good for her.

So my impressions - total dissappontment.
But the rest - hotel is nice, only it doesnt have any terriroty, Breakfast\lunch\dinner area, then straight after it swimming pool (nice one) and immediatelly stairs down to the sea, so you wont be able to walk there. For example for us it was important coz we have a small baby and wanted to walk with her with a trolley.
One more thing - double room is not designed for 2 people, its too small.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed in the Park Inn for 3 nights for my honeymoon.
Even thought I have booked a room with a garden view (limited budget), I have been upgraded to a room with a wonderfull view on the pool and beach.
The breakfast was very rich and varied, and as for dinner I recommend the buffet over the "A la carte" restaurent.
I will certainly come back again to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Ulysse Resort & Thalasso Djerba? Share your experiences!