“good food good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La cote de boeuf

La cote de boeuf
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
york
“good food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was recomended by one of the animation guys we were staying allinclusive at the iberostar mehari went here for my partners birthday with two friends had a good night.Had the fillet steak w as very good. On our second week we decided to go back as we were getting sick of the allinclusive and we were not disappointed would give it a go.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

walperswil
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We asked the taxi driver to stop at a nice restaurant and he suggested "La cote de boeuf". It is quite expensive but everything was nice. Good space between the tables, very nice service, beef and shrimp of excellent quality, wine good, would like to go again as soon as possible.

Visited May 2012
Tripoli, Libya
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Several people recommended La cote de boeuf to us but we were left disappointed by both the cuisine and the service. I ordered la cote de boeuf after being told that it was the speciality of the house but once it appeared after a long delay the meat was very stringy. My friend ordered the lobster and was already disappointed. The mussels were very good and we were told that they were on the house but then they were put on our bill. Overall the service was painstakingly slow and we had to ask for the bill three times.

Our fellow diners appeared to agree, with one becoming extremely irate and exclaiming about both the delay and exclaimed that "the fact that you speak French does not mean you know anything about French cuisine!"

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“One of the best restaurant of the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have been eating there 9 times during our stay, we loved the menus from 20 to 26 dhr
You must try the Couscous there, for us it was the best Tunisian couscous we ever date

Try also the "gratin Dauphinois" with the Meat Menu !!! GREAT

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Lovely Holiday Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I were in Djerba for our first year wedding anniversary and thought it would be nice to get away from the hotel and enjoy dinner out. This restaurant was recommended if we wanted somewhere that served steak.

We were seated outside which was nice as it was a lovely summer's evening. We were given complimentary appetisers of mixed olives, harissa, bread and little egg bites. The menu is good though I was surprised by the price of certain items to others.

My husband ordered the Chorba for starter and I ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad. He wasn't happy as I think he was expecting to have seafood in the soup rather than it being used to flavour the soup and wasn't sure about the couscous in it but it all vanished. The chicken was lovely in my salad but I did find it rather odd that they garnished the edge of the bowl with ketchup. The salad dressing was not a Caesar salad dressing but as a chicken salad it was very nice.

We both ordered fillet steak for our main course which was far cheaper than you would expect in the UK or Ireland. The only problem arose because Djerba does not really cater for English speaking tourists so even thought I told the waiter 3 times that I wanted my steak medium rare it came out rare and had to be sent back. I think they only have three ways of cooking it - rare, medium and well done. I requested the mushroom sauce with mine which was so lovely that my husband ordered more of the complimentary bread in order to "help me" soak it up. The main courses were beautifully presented and the vegetables were lovely.

We were tired at this point so I ordered a cappuccino which was probably one of the best I've ever had. The staff were lovely and attentive and I would recommend this restaurant taking into consideration that their version of things might be different to what you would expect at home.

• Visited July 2011