“Good for Boaters & Pet Owners” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ledges Hotel & Marina

Ledges Hotel & Marina
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Ledges Hotel & Marina
You added Ledges Hotel & Marina to your Saves list
71 Anthony St, Alexandria Bay, NY 13607   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Orlando, Florida
“Good for Boaters & Pet Owners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

We went to the Ledges because it's one of the few motels that accept Dog's. It's accomodating also if you have a boat which you can moor within site of your room at a very reasoanable $10 overnight. While we found management hospitable, the stained carpets, generalized uncleanliness, not enough soap or toilet paper and accumulated dust behind the beds was not appealing.

Management should invest a couple of thousand per room and upgrade.

• Stayed August 2005

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Niagara Falls, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

My husband and two other couples had the misfortune of staying at ledges for
two nights in July 05. We will never make that mistake again !
When we made the reservations over the phone we where told that they had a
pool. this was very important to us ( we all enjoy swimming) and it became
more important when we got there and found out there was no access to the
bay for swimming. We were also told that their was a view of the river and
bolt castle from the hotel and they had free continental breakfast. All was
very misleading if not lies ... to see the bay or the castle you had to walk
up a hill and peer between the boats and the trees you had no view from the
hotel. The so called continental breakfast was coffee and convince store
pasty that had 3-4 month old expiration dates. NO TEA, NO DECAF, NO JUICE
.... IT SUCKED !
The rooms where very dirty and smelly. We didn't think just because they
accepted pets that it would be so dirty. The rugs where all stained and
gross looking, the wood work and walls where filthy, the blankest and bed
spread had cat or dog hair stuck all over them and the bathroom was dirty
and smelly and the window was stuck shut. (no fresh air)
When we first got the room the toilet paper wasn't even a new roll (it had
about 4 feet left and no spare) when I went to the office to ask for some it
was closed but a man (I think the owner was in there) so I kept knocking
until he gave up and came to the door. I told him that our room had no
toilet paper and he just walked to a closet got one roll and handed it to
me. Then he went back to his desk, no sorry no nothing ... he was a jerk !
Oh... the pool was broken so we had to sit there and bake for 2 days it was
90 degrees that weekend. We would have left but the town was sold out. All
this and it was not cheap $149.00 a night we could have been at a very nice
chain hotel for that price.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

If you’re an Entomologist this is where you want to be! Just look anywhere from inside the room to the grounds of this wonderful “resort” and you can see a lovely array of insects. Electricians would have a blast as well fixing all the exposed wires in the gazebo. If you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder you could stay busy cleaning the rooms for hours on end and maybe create a suitable room for a dog to stay in. Beyond the 100 some odd docked boats you are sure to get a lovely view of the water. If your one of those people who could stand to take a cold shower this sure is your place. For a $160.00 a night this place was beyond disgusting I almost slept in my boyfriends car. This place had to have serious sanitary as well as safety violations. Spent the extra money and stay next door.
Room 20,
Albany, Ny

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

First I have to laugh that this website says the average price of a room is $78.00...I would love to see what that room looks like when my 150$ a night room looked like a room out of a bad movie. The smell was awful, it was as if gallons of water were poured on the floor and then the whole room was closed up and the water left to fester. I also loved the fact that for 150 a night there wasn't anyone to check you in at 8pm. "we will leave the key under the mat" I was told. Hey who am I to argue right? I don't own the place. I was fully expecting to arrive at the "resort" and find my room occupied by some vagrant who stumbled across my key. Luckily that didn't happen. I think what I enjoyed most (and I hope you can sense my sarcasm) was the five star bath room. Two towels and a floor mat, one bar of soap and the combined shampoo/body wash gel mounted to the wall that made me smell like a doctor ready to perform surgery. I also enjoyed the cold shower I had to indure because there wasn't enough hot water per room for more than one person to shower. Oh and how could I forget having to fix the shower just so it could be used, I mean all the high class resorts allow the showers to rundown such that the handles fall off when you pull on them. I'm just glad I knew how to fix it. Another great feature of the hotel is having to request an iron and ironing board so that you can press clothes prior to attending a wedding. Its also good when the ironing board pad and cover are tied on with string around the board and are kept outside in a storage facility so the board and iron can rust. Sounds great to me. The icing on the cake was the screened in gazebo, yes it was nice that it was there and it was useful when you consider the mosquitos by the river are the size of crows. What bothered me was the EXPOSED electrical wiring next to the benches.

I travel a lot for my job and even when I pay a lot less for a room I get a lot more. I've never seen a place so badly managed and so poorly kept.

The sad part is I was hoping I was going to enjoy my stay as I will be returning to the 1000 island area in august for a vacation, but I can tell you where I won't be staying and that is Ledges.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

I have been coming to Alexandria bay for years. We have stayed on numerous occasion at the Ledges and it is a beautiful place. The folks there are friendly and the place is clean. I don't know whats happened when these other reviewers stayed there but I have never had problems there. In the years that we have visited we have noticed they are always making new changes and improving the place. It just gets better and better. I will be staying there again. And we do travel often and have stayed in many different places. Overall we have always thought highly of the Ledges. We have stayed in other area hotel in the 1000 Islands. In that price range the Ledges compares very well! Well, at any rate, everyone has their own opinion, and ours is that of we like the Ledges and will be back again! It's unfortunate a few did not enjoy their experience there, but again, we will be back again there, we did like it and so I just wanted to share my experiences of the Ledges.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

There were so many things that disappointed us about our stay, it’s hard to fit them all into this review. I strongly agree with the other reviews I have read on this message board that rated the hotel poorly.
At the top of my list are health and safety concerns. From exposed electrical wiring in the gazebo to terrible housekeeping practices, my stay was less than enjoyable. My wife and I had a peculiar quirk to our room that most other rooms did not have, being the sliding glass door as a main entrance with no good lock. Not only did the hotel leave our key outside our room under our mat, there was a makeshift plunger style lock as the only means of securing our room. The cheep device was secured with two exposed Phillips heads screws, making a break in trivial for anyone with a pocket knife. In addition, there was no way to unlock the ‘outside lock’ from the inside of the room. Anyone could come by and lock us in simply by pushing the plunger down. With my luck, that would be the day that the ancient air conditioner would start a fire.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this terrible place.

-Disappointed room 1B occupents

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

This was the dirtiest, nastiest place I've ever stayed in. They charged me about $160.00 a night, for what I don't know. It’s not worth $30. The bathroom tube was all crusty with leftover hair from past guests. The carpet was stained, there was left over dog food on the floor from a past guest. One of the lights in the room didn't work. The A/C was about 15 years old and stunk when you turned it on. There were cobwebs everywhere in the room. The ice machine was in the lobby, which closed at 8:00pm so you couldn't get ice after that. The "continental breakfast" they included wasn't that at all. You had a choice of some nasty coffee, or lemonade. To eat was pre wrapped muffins, and danish like the one's you get from a gas station, that was all your choice's not a thing more. That's not a "continental breakfast". This place should not be allowed to call it's self a resort, it's no were near that. DIRTY, NASTY, MOTEL, I CAN'T STESS THIS ENOUGH, PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, STAY AWAY, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Ledges Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!