“Agree with previous reviews - just ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Clinton, New Jersey
“Agree with previous reviews - just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

During a recent family vacation in Alexandria Bay, I want to have a "nicer" family dinner one night. Since there are eight of us, I could not do a restaurant dinner every night, so I was left unimpressed by Cavallario's when I took the crew there. Nothing was particularly bad, but nothing was particularly good either, and at those prices, I had expected more. For example, I ordered one of the fish specials. The plate had a smaller size portion of the fish, steamed broccoli and some plain long grain wild rice. Really? I can do better than that at home. Everything was very plain and flavorless - and that is the consistent theme across all of the meals. Just ok.

Visited July 2013

Florida
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

While the staff is great, the food is just ok at a higher price point ($30 per entered on average). Sad to say, there aren't many dining choices in the area unless you want bar food or sandwiches.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Great eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We didn't know where to have dinner and was walking around and asked someone about this restaurant. They said it was very good. We had Fish and loved it. The waitress was very friendly and the atmosphere was very nice. I don't think you'll regret eating there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central Pennsylvania
“Still good 20 years later!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband went to Cavallario's when he was a child with his grandfather. My husband went on and on about how incredible the food was no matter what you ate. Of course we decided to make it a night and stop in and see if it was like old times for him and it was!

Most restaurants don't have that same appeal when you haven't been there for years but this place did for him. The service was incredible. The food was incredible. The atmosphere was incredible. We absolutely enjoyed everything. I have to say the restaurant is an older place but it is very clean and well maintained. With as much attention to details they do, I find it hard to believe from a previous poster that after they ate their food and ordered a drink, there was lipstick on their glass. I don't think someone will make your drink and take a big drink. We went on Labor Day weekend, the place was beyond packed and our food, drinks and table were perfect.

We ate so much food that night. We had 6 people with us that night and everyone loved the food. 2 of the people had been to Cavallario's over 20 years before and said the food was just as good as it's always been. If you are in Alex Bay, I definitely recommend you go. You will have a wonderful time with some wonderful food!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“the worst experience I have ever had”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food was ok. Nothing special. I ordered Pina Colada, and I got it in dirty glass with someone's lipstick on it. That was it for me. I had to leave, my appetite was completely ruined.

• Visited August 2012