“Can't believe we stayed here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
You added Boardwalk Motel to your Saves list
41 Walton Street, Alexandria Bay, NY 13607   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
A TripAdvisor Member
“Can't believe we stayed here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

Spent 3 nights here because it seemed we had no choice. Paid for room in advance. Severe structural problems and REALLY old mattresses ! No outlets in bathroom. Shower did not work. Never given enough towels. "Maids" were the owners teenage daughters. Could see the ground beneath the building through cracks in the floor! The entire row of rooms look like they are falling into the bay. Smelled like some kind of insecticide had been sprayed in the room. But apparently not enough, as we all left with "bug" bites all over our ankles and feet. No locks on windows and screens were busted. Just a really old, stinky, run down place that should NOT be in business anymore...let alone charging over $100/night. The only thing working in the room was the air conditioner. And the outdoor pool was fairly new. Swim in the pool, but sleep in your car ! And you'd be better off bathing in the river. I don't see this place lasting another year or two before it caves in. Hopefully there are no occupants inside when it does ! Definitely stay somewhere else...but just to see how a homeless person might live...check out room #5 !

• Stayed August 2005

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2005

When requesting a King Jacuzi suite, I thought I would have a nice weekend. Instead, I got a room with a ripped heart shapped tub, spiders, bad smell, and a black shower curtain from the mildew! Advertisment said a wet bar, however, the only thing in the kitchen were dirty dishes!!! Thankfully, there was a left over hamburger in the fridge (GROSS)! I dont think that maids are employed at this hotel, and I strongly advise you to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2004

This so called “resort” is nothing more than a complete dump. The website this so called “resort” has online, is very deceiving. When we arrived, our “room” was nothing more than a stand alone “cabin” partially held up right by concrete cinder blocks. Our view was of the white PVC plumbing pipes (for the toilet and tub) running from under the “room” along the ground in front of our “room”. Blocks of wood held up the sink in the bathroom. There was a wasp’s nest under the “room” with dead wasps inside of the room. There were large gaps between the windows and the walls, as well as where the wall meets the floor. The curtain and curtain rod were ripped off of the wall and laying in a heap on the floor. The bed (including the bedding) as well as the furniture and TV look as if they had been picked up from alongside the road.
We are amazed that the town of Alexandria Bay has not condemned this establishment and/or made the owners completely renovate. This establishment should be thoroughly inspected for code violations as well as by the health department.
We wish we could post photographs, because immediately after checking our “room” we took a few digital photographs of this place, prior to demanding our money back and going elsewhere.
We highly recommend that you think twice before deciding to stay at this so called “resort” or making reservations with this establishment. You would have a more comfortable night sleeping in a dumpster.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2004

Don't come to this motel expecting something nice. My friends, bridesmaids, bride and I stayed here last weekend for a wedding. I do a lot of traveling for the company I work for and this motel was in worst condition of anywhere I've ever stayed. The walls shake when you open and close the door, the lights don't work, ancient furniture, front door lock was broken, the bathroom flooring was peeling back, it was dirty, moldy, and dank! The worst thing is the price of $130.00 plus a night. They make you pay upfront before you stay. From what I could tell from other wedding guests all of Alexandria Bay was expensive for poor accommodations! Good luck finding a hotel!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2003

I can honestly say I have never stayed at a motel that was shabbier than this one. They have no bathtubs, everything is on a slant, including the rooms..if you like the smell of pine sol, this is the place to stay. Used towels are refolded for your use again..."boardwalk" is falling apart. The slums probably have more to offer than this place. The only thing that keeps them going is there cheap rates but the place should be shut down! As I stayed there 3 yrs ago, it sure sounds like it hasn't changed a bit. The state really needs to step in on this one for sure!

Rochester, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2003

My wife and I stayed in the jacuzzi room they offer, but it was way overpriced, considering the room was filthy, there were spiders in the corners, the blinds were broken, no electrical outlets in the bathroom, the baseboard heat control is behind the couch (we woke up freezing and couldn't turn it on), the bedside lamp wasn't plugged in because there was no outlet there, the maid forgot to provide soap the first day, and the hotel doesn't even provide little bottles shampoo even though they charged us $129 per night. On the positive side, the jacuzzi, TV and refrigerator worked fine, the bed was comfortable, we had a small balcony on the water, and the hotel is a very short walk from the main strip. They will ask you to pay in advance, but I recommend viewing your room before committing yourself.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2003

My husband and I recently traveled to Alex Bay for Pirate's week-end and had reservations at the Boardwalk. This place needs serious upgrading. We could actually see the ground in both the bathroom and sleeping area due to the wall seperating from the floor. The refrigerator had not been cleaned out, what a mess. And this is what they call a resort. We call it a dump!!!!

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!