“GREAT Stay at the Boardwalk” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
You added Boardwalk Motel to your Saves list
41 Walton Street, Alexandria Bay, NY 13607   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Rochester, New York, United States
“GREAT Stay at the Boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Recently returned from a enjoyable great stay at the Boardwalk Motel - LOVED IT! the room was clean, furnishings matched, had full sized fridge, micro, coffee maker etc...Patio Doors that overlooked the docks and river with a beautiful view. And they are Pet Friendly! I have read others reviews and cannot understand what all the complaints are about - had I gone by them I would of missed this gem of a motel - I have been going to the Islands for many years and have stayed at various places including the Riveredge and had nothing but problems there - I am glad to of taken a chance at the Boardwalk Motel and plan to go back next year. I was able to also go into room 9 to look at it and again no issues in that room either.

Room Tip: Rooms 9, 30, 31 have decks overlooking the river.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Madrid, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The reviews were scary and we went there anyways .. Room didn't stink but it was old looking and mixed with new. No hooks in bathroom to at least hang your clothes. Or bathrobe on over all it seemed cleaned but sprayed it down everywhere with Lysol... We brought our own sheet to lie on and pillows. Sink vanity was so small you had no room to set your toiletries down.. Flooring in bathroom up by the wall was stapled down like it just had surgery, bath tub filled up with water while showering .. Bed was the worst, sounding like laying on corn flakes ... And it was like a sheet of plywood .. No great sleep there.. The lights were directly above our head and very crooked, they look like they were going to fall on your head I think a blind carpenter did all the work in there,the owners need to sell! And let someone that knows how to run a resort area motel... Never going to stay there again.. 70 was to much... We were on a very tight budjet , and was very disappointed .....I probably would be gotten more sleep in the car...oh we were on the second floor and the deck up there is scary and very un safe, we could barely get the suit cases down through there very narrow! If you are desperate , bring your own sheets pillows and a can of Lysol .....

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed for just 1 night. Thank God. We had room # 5 (2 BR queen). The carpet was filthy, mattress crackled and squeaked every time you moved or just sat on it, curtains too small for window if you pulled them closed in the middle the ends of the window were not covered or if you pulled cutains to the ends the middle was open), no coffee pot or clock radio. Oh yeah, the room was on a slant and you felt like maybe you were drunk or sleeping in a fun house. if you wanted ice you had to buy a bag for $2.75. How was I suppose to keep it frozen. We did have a very small refrigerator in the room. The freezer compartment would only hold 2 ice cube trays at the most. Clothes closet no door or curtain and trash can and refrigerator were in front of it. Oh they did give free coffee at the front desk. Whoo hoo. There was a view of the castle if you went outside down to the pier. Most rooms only have a view of the parking lot and the other rooms on the other side of the parking lot. Looked like a nice pool and grill area.

Upon checkout I asked if they had any comment cards. The man at the desk said no and asked if there was a problem. I said yes and told him that this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. I told him of the things listed above. He didn't seem to care too much. He said they were new mattresses that he bought from the hotel supplier and couldn't do anything about that. Also new furniture. I never raised my voice and neither did he. I then said that he need a new supplier. He stated that they were hotel grade mattresses. Must have been the cheapest hotel grade you could buy. I've stayed in many hotels and have never had such a bad mattress. He didn't say anything about the curtains or carpets, etc. . He then said sorry, but that I should have said something last night and they could have moved me into another room. After a 10 hour day and not checking in until 10 pm I just needed a good night rest. I also said that they closed within an hour from us checking in and if he supposedly had new furniture and mattresses how would changing to another room have made a difference? Then I said sorry wasn't good enough, have a nice day and left.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here last minute on the advise of a shop woman in town. Was looking for Cheap,safe, and clean motel. With a pool. This was it! Very sime basic room. No phone, clock, radio, iron or hair dryer. Just Bed and tv, and small fridge That's all I needed. Has a nice seasonal pool (unheated yet clean and refreshing) I was on second floor where all rooms have chairs outside. It directly overlooks the bay & bolt castle. The ferry boats dock literally yards away from the motel. Very nice. There was one other motel in town that was cheaper, but nowhere near as nice. I will definitely stay here again. Also, there is a small grocery store within walking distance. Great place for family on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Basic rooms...pool...coffee at the office...wi fi....okay views...inexpensive compared other in the immediate are...a group of us from Kingston Ont ....attended the Prirates Day weekend...had a great time at the Boardwalk...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brewerton NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great location. We stayed in room 9 which is at the end of the building and has its own deck. Quick walk to downtown area. Rooms are older but clean. Mattress was sunken in the middle. Has mini fridge in room, cable, good size bathroom. Our room had a jacuzzi tub which was clean but looked old.

• Stayed August 2013
Cobourg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

There were 4 of us in total. My husband, myself and one other couple. Went to Alexandria bay NY just for a relaxing weekend. Weather was great, rooms were clean, a little musty smell but not too bad and the price was great. the beds were very comfortable and rooms were very spacious. Our room had a kitchenette which was very handy. Fridge, microwave, dining table. If you stay here ask for a room over looking the water, or even better ask for room 31 or 30. These rooms over look the docks and have a small deck of there own. You must remember this hotel is one street up from the Main Street, but it is only 2 minute walk, too easy. Our room was $121.00 with tax! Can't beat that. All in all we had a great time, well worth the money.

Room Tip: Room 30 or 31.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!