“Comfortable setting, and nice view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
You added Boardwalk Motel to your Saves list
41 Walton Street, Alexandria Bay, NY 13607   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Baldwinsville, New York
“Comfortable setting, and nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great view (clear view of Boldt Castle and excursion boats), walking distance to downtown, bbq grills on the dock, great pool, many many upgrades (dock, walk ways, new doors, room I stayed in had been freshly painted with new furniture) from last time I was here...glad I came back! Great price, great service, and a welcoming environment. Worth the stay.

Room Tip: great accommodations for the price
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This "Resort" is a true disappointment. Their website forgets to mention the "overflow" area located across the street from the main "resort", referred to as "The Boardwalk too". When booking this room I was told that I would have a view of the St. Lawrence and Boldt Castle. This could not have been further from the truth because I was in the last room located across the street at "The Boardwalk too". When arriving in the room, the carpet was wet??? who knows why? The toilet plugged both times we used it during our limited stay in this "scum hole". The electric went out when I tried to blow dry my hair at the same time as the A/C being on. There was a bug in my bed when I got in to go to bed for the night. You can see the ground when showering because the drain is not plumbed, instead it drains out on to the ground under the building. This place is a joke!!

DO NOT STAY HERE if you are looking to enjoy your stay in Alex Bay and are expecting comfort, cleanliness, and reliable services. You WONT GET ANY OF IT THERE!!!!

Room Tip: If you do decide to book at this resort, which I strongly recommend that you DO NOT. Make sure to c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
waterville NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

By writing this review I might boost summer travel and in might raise my cost but the place is on the water grills are available pool is great sorry so many people can't understand look at the price! Walking distance from everything people do not think of this no cockroach's not even close ! Place is great! So all of you want to spend a fortune to be next door go ahead . I'm a scuba diver and love the location . Close to everything !

Farmington, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I walked into this dump hole and i see some crappy beds which got like pee stains on them.I open up the refrigerator and theres a dead bug in it. I decided then to open up the drawer under the tv and what do i find, crumbs in the drawer.Then as i walk to the other side of the room i feel a slant in the floor, i walk back up and it feels like i'm walking up stairs its so slanted. The cleanest thing in this room was a beat up chair which had like no cushion but i decided i was gonna sleep on that and i did. The beds where so hard and sqeaky wouldn't stop making noises.This has to be one of the worst places ive ever slept. This place is worst then a dump its trashy place mean't for homeless people i would have rather slept in a cardboard box then this place. Its a rip off to for this place, the otter creak inn is actually less money and is actually clean so stay there not here!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay at the riveredge inn or otter creek inn
town of wheatfield ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed in my life!!!! Dirty, old, RIP OFF! Upon arriving to the Motel it looked ok...until we unlocked the door to our room. GOD what a dump!!! Unfortunately the whole town was sold out so leaving this DUMP wasn't an option. The first thing I did was check the bed. The bedspread and blanket were stained and soiled. There wasn't a mattress cover either. The carpet was so dirty that I didn't walk on the floor without my shoes on and the toilet had a ring inside the bowl leading me to believe that this DUMP didn't own the proper cleaning supplies. The air conditioner was in such bad shape it was being held together by electrical tape and sounded like a jet engine! So off we went to the Family
Dollar, for cleaning supplies and pillows, after stopping at the front desk to let the clerk know they needed to change the bed linens and how terribly disappointed we were in the cleanliness of the room.
Oh and by the way, they don't service the rooms!! They charged $170 a night and the was no maid service!!!

Room Tip: don't stay at this motel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Webster, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place was terrible. The carpet had dark stains over the whole thing, walls were completely banged up, bathroom floor was slanted, pool deck had loose boards, and pretty sure that was puke on the wall! Stayed there one night, then got our money back for the second night. It was $177/ night (including tax). Luckily we found that the Riveredge had a room and went there for our second night...and were very happy with those accomodations!

Cheektowaga, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The location was good. The only good thing I can say. The room are oldswith peeling paint. The beds were creeky and not comfortable. I would never stay there again. The outside decks were uneven and caution with the stairs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!