“Last Night In Udon Thani !” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19/8 Sampantamit Rd, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand   |
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Udon Thani
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Last Night In Udon Thani !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

For my last night in Udon Thani I opted for The Pannarai Hotel which was only completed in April this year. A very good decision as it turned out as my short stay was very pleasant and it is my intention to return there for a week next year !
The staff were wonderful ! The only slight problem we had was my starter arriving whilst I was half way through my main course but I put that error down to the language barrier

Room Tip: Overlooking the poolside is good .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Thai first
Sacramento, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice modern rooms with good amenities and great location in Udon Thani, but the service is very poor. It seems to revolve around the Assistant Manager at the front desk, who on numerous occasions was responsible for poor or lack of service. Being a very frequent traveler to Thailand, I have ample knowledge of customs and standards of service. I drove to the hotel with my wife and her sisters (Thai). As usual upon check-in I presented my passport to allow it to be copied but was surprised when the Assistant Manager leafed through it and wrote down numbers from several pages. Usual protocal was a copy made and perhaps a look at my arrival date.
We had reserved 2 rooms for several nights and was advised that one of the rooms was going to have to be vacated the following morning and move to another room, from a 2 bed room as requested to a one bed room. Ok, they had over-booked themselves. The next hurdle was the HID key cards. Upon returning each and every day, we would find our key cards not working to re-enter the room. The first day I chalked it up to a glich in their system. On the second day I joked to the desk that they were determined to lock me out of my pre-paid room. The lady at the desk then quipped that this was an on-going problem with their key system. So daily we would play the game of going to the room wondering if we were going to have to return to the ground floor from the third to gain access to our room.
During our stay, I had a banner that was produced for a family party delivered to the hotel desk with my room number on it. I was contacted by the delivery person that they had delivered it. I returned to the hotel about 20 minutes later and went to the front desk to retrieve the package. I gave my room number and was informed, but the same assistant manager, that they had no packages for me. She went into the office, looked quickly and stated that nothing had been delivered. I said, well, maybe it was taken to my room, I would check. I went to the third floor to check, only to find that my room key did not work again, had to return to the desk to reprogram the key, back to the third floor and found no package. I returned to the lobby and at this time called the delivery person who stated that they had left it with my room number at the desk. I gave the phone to a receptionist (the assistant manager was gone thank goodness) and she spoke briefly, went to the same office and quickly retrieved the banner that the assistant manager said was not there. Wait, the story does not end there, my sisters left for a couple days and checked out, but we had made reservations for their return in person with the same manager upon arrival. While they were checking out, we decided to confirm the reservation for their return in a few days. The assistant manager asked for the room number of the reservation, we responded that we had no room number since this was future reservation and that she should perhaps look under our name. She could not find the reservation and stated that she had not made it because when we spoke to her upon check in we gave a wrong room type to her so she opted just to ignore the request, even though we were staying in the hotel. My sister responded that since she did not work there, we had no knowledge of their room types but it seemed that someone was needed who knew what they were doing.
As I stated, nice rooms but service and the ability of management to perform the most simple tasks is very lacking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sisaket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Beautiful styling, large rooms, quality linens, quiet efficient A/C, fridge, very nice bathroom, desk, pool, restaurant. Food was average, service was good. Hotel is located in the Red Light district, but it is not a bad area. lots of bars and restaurant located close by. We paid 1400 baht per night. We would return.

Room Tip: nice rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love the decor at Pannarai. Modern n sleek. Rooms are nice. Conveniently located to Issan Province (Northeast Thailand) largest and modern mall, Central Plaza. Next to the Pannarai is a food court, an Irish Bar and a tattoo parlor. Hawker stalls are everywhere. Breakfast is good. Staff is not conversant in English but tried to be helpful. Room is not expensive but for extra towel, extra pillow, be prepared to fork out extra money. Hidden cost indeed. Tuk Tuk and taxis readily available. Walking distance to the government hospital which is a plus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very nice hotel , super modern and clean, big rooms , good air conditioning and a nice pool. Breakfast ok , staff friendly enough and a good location 5 minute walk from night bazaar , Central Shopping centre and bus station. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I wish there had been more hotel choice in Udon. The Pannerai has nice rooms and is not badly located if you don't mind being in a red light area. It's actually fairly low key in that regard. The breakfast sucks. No one pretends to speak English and they have given up their battle with the ants. They have decided to coexist with the insects which are everywhere on the food. Maybe no one complains. I doubt the staff would care if they did. The Pannerai is not expensive and it has a nice pool. It is overstaffed if anything but none of them have been trained. Don't expect good service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The location is convenient where the plaza and market are with walking distance. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is clean, spacious, lovely and welcoming. It provides all the necessities we need. The breakfast is acceptable with varieties. The restaurant provides tasty Thai food which we love, Pad Thai. The coffee and cakes are delicious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Pannarai Hotel? Share your experiences!