“It was not bad, but also probably I will not come back again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Hotel

You added Paradise Hotel to your Saves list
Paradise Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44/29 Posri Road | Mak-kaeng, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Udon Thani
“It was not bad, but also probably I will not come back again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was booked this hotel after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. You can find there good and poor reviews, but I only compare with other 3* hotels. The major is locality - it has perfect location in the city. It looks also very good from outside, reception and pool is also very nice. But room was for me the worst - old futniture, old fridge, only one big closet and no other place where to get your clothes. The doors to the room looks like 20 years of using. Bathroom was a clean and nice, but no have place where to get a big towels. Breakfast was for me a little bit poor, coz I don't eat meat - but it is only small 3* hotel... The only frindly staf was the boys who help us with suitcases and also charwoman when she get a tip. I saw no smile from other staff - what is so typical for "smilling" Thailand. There is one more important information - if you stay here during work week - it is noisy, because 2nd and 3th floor is not finished. Tip from me is to book a room on a ground floor with enter to the pool ;)

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Paradise Hotel is a smal boutique hotel, located in a small street near the Udonthani Bus Station and Central Plaza Udonthani. The hotel is quite new and it offer a free parking lot /with security. The room that I stay is a twin bed deluxe room, which is quite big, clean, and comfortable. An advantage of staying off the street is the sleep quality. I also stayed in another hotel closer to Central Plaza, and I found that there's live music until midnight (sometimes 2 A.M.) every night. And, it is very loud music. So, if you concerned about the noise, but want to stay at city center area, Paradise Hotel is a good and valued choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Monmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I did not think this hotel was great (non of us did). I have been to Udon Thani 3 times before and travelled all over Thailand. Some of the hotel room has been refurbished but mine obviously was not it was very basic to say the least and it only overlooked a roof. Breakfast is non-existant the worst we have ever had in Thailand.I was with my son,daughter-in-law (who is thai) & my young grand-daughter. The pool area was pleasant. The staff were helpful. Bar was nice as it has been refurbished. The really down side is that you have to cross a very busy main road (not suitable with young children). the suites looked very nice as all on ground level. Hotel was very clean. If you want a hairdryer you have to rent it as not in rooms!! It is just a basic Hotel. I would suggest staying at the Pannari Hotel (worth the extra money) where I have stayed twice. it is a great hotel and right by the centre of everything.

Room Tip: Stay in the suites on the ground level around the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The positives first, the location is great, you can walk to most of the popular places including the UD centre. the pool is clean, well maintained and the pool area is fab. The bar area is relaxed and he staff are well mannered and polite. We came to the hotel, which by Thai standards isn't cheap. We were put in a horrid room that was well past it's best. However, we mentioned this to the bell boy and he arranged for us to be moved the next morning. The room we was moved to was great until we tried to use the shower which appears to have a mind of its own altering from freezing cold to boiling (and I do mean boiling) in an instant! We went to the dining area for breakfast which was awful, I'm very well travelled in Thailand and this can only be described as filthy, lots of staff but they just stand around doing nothing, perhaps they should be told to grab a mop and broom. The food is mediocre, not great but just about passable. This isn't the worst hotel I have stayed in Udon Thani but its close and I would say not worth the money we are paying. We're off to another hotel as soon as we can find a room!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Paradise Hotel Review

I returned to Paradise for a second stay after my short trip to Vientiane. A word of warning on travelling there. My first time visiting Lao. Bit of a hassle getting there what with the visa and the number of transport legs I had to take getting there. I must warn people getting a taxi from Friendship Bridge to Vientiane. They are thieving robbing crooks. Advertised fare is 300 Baht (the only good thing is they take Thai currency so no need to change money) Five minutes into the journey the driver tells me it is now 600 Baht to centre. I said "no you said 300" He said no 300 and get out now or 600 to centre. I stuck to my guns. He got really aggressive shouting at me to get out but I didn't. Ok I'm brave or stupid however you look at it but I'm concerned other people will be ripped off or kicked out in the middle of nowhere. Get a bus - they are frequent and stupidly cheap - I learnt later. Back to the hotel Paradise - Once again such a warm welcome. Great room again and good Wifi. Staff all good especially "Ex" my porter who also drove me to the airport when sadly I left. Book this hotel - IT IS PARADISE

• Stayed December 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for one week and enjoyed this hotel. I was given a Junior suite on the ground floor with sliding door access to the pool which was superb. The room was brilliant and i would recommend anyone spending the extra.
The pool and gardens are well looked after and the staff really friendly; if you want to chill out then this is the place.
Wifi was good in the room as i was working at little but they had access in othe parts of the hotel. The only meals i had here was breakfast and was OK for Thailand standards.
The hotel is only a short walk from the center of Udon but you can get a Tuk Tuk easily. Night life is a bit sparse but great place to relax.

Room Tip: Go fopr a junior suite on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bordon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

my wife and i had a one night stopover here ,, first time in udon ,,, got a tuk tuk from outside the hotel and he took us on a sight seeing tour and also stopped at the pharmacist for us charged us 200 baht but i gave him 300 well worth the hour tour and helpful for next time ,,, hotel food was relly nice with good choice ,, swimming pool quiet ,, bar was relaxing ,, highly recommend it for a quiet time

Room Tip: we had a ground floor room ,, excellent,, no stairs to climb
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!