“A truly amazing experience, not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of STC Homestay Bed & Breakfast

You added STC Homestay Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
STC Homestay Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   207 / Moo 11, Ban Si Bun Luang | Ban Taad, Ampur Muang, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 61 Udon Thani B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A truly amazing experience, not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We loved our time at STC, and it was far beyond our expectations in every way. We stayed in the garden view room which is lovely and has everything you could want. The room was like a little cottage, spacious, with a large bathroom and spotless. The bungalows look wonderful, and we'd love to try them in the future.

The area is fantastic, you are a little outside Udon Thani, and it is peaceful and beautiful. The homestay is near a lake with incredible sunsets, where you can watch locals fish in the traditional long boats. We took them up on the offer of a neighborhood tour and we're so glad we did. They showed us a neighbor who makes bamboo baskets, another who weaves beautiful tapestries, and showed us a dragon fruit farm and the local wat with a beautiful teak Buddha. It's was so interesting to meet the local Thais and see the village.

The service we had was unparalleled! They are true hosts, who are lovely and generous and make you feel at home. Tony is an incredible chef who trained in Europe, and made us the most delicious meals! The cuisine was a highlight.

This homestay is a gem, and should not be missed if you will be in this area, it's a destination in itself! We loved our time there, and are certain you will too!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was the one of the highlikes of going to Udon Thani. We stayed here for 4 days & we loved it. Tony Chris & Jet were perfect hosts. We highly recommend this place. Was about 18 kms out of town but worth it. The food was superb & the conversation just flowed. It was so peaceful being in this part of Thailand out in the countryside.
Thank you for making out feel so invited.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I had originally booked to stay here for 2 nights but ended up staying an extra night because there was so much to see and do in this area. Chris, Tony and Jet were so helpful and friendly the entire time I was there. Tony is the most amazing home chef I have had the pleasure of eating with, Chris would sit up at nights and have chats over a caraffe of red wine with me and Jet was a complete sweety who went and picked up my motorbike rental and is full of local knowledge. Chris and Tony both speak several languages fluently including English, Spanish, Flemish, Dutch and I think German So lots of travellers will feel at home here. They were there at the airport to pick me up and bombarded me with maps and sightseeing pamphlets of the many attractions in the area. Tony even told me all the best places in the city to go and shop. He also made the most amazing scrambled eggs with my breakfast I have ever had. Breakfasts are huge, I don't think I ever finished one. They come with eggs how you like the, sausages, 5 different types of bread, homemade jam courtesy of Chris, yoghurt, water, hot drink and fresh squeezed orange juice. I had a great time exploring Udon Thani and Nong Bua Lam Phu on my wee motorbike and will definitely be returning for a second stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the garden room and it was lovely but the superior bungalow is the one with the awesome...
Benidorm, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stay in this hotel for 4 nights and again it was an unique experience. The hosts like the first time, great people. They realy care about everything. A new trip to do was brought up and I do not regret the day I booked this trip with them, for a cheap price, could spend spare time over there, the place the sea of the one million and one red lotus flowers, a boat trip I will never forget.
I invited some friends to eat at the restaurant, outstanding food and a real pleasure to be back and to enjoy.
I realy should recommend this pleace for dining out, every thing is served with the best service and taking care.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Udon Thani, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

My one-week stay in the beautiful teak bungalow at STC HomeStay Bed and Breakfast I enjoyed more than I can say. The food was great. And my three hosts—Jet, Tony, and Chris—were warm, informative and accommodating. All I would ever need was available to me there in the countryside on the outskirts of Udon Thani. It was the perfect place—away from the commotion and stress of city life—to help me recharge and recover from my string of seemingly endless flights and taxi rides. It was an experience wonderful enough to have again and again.

Kruibeke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Nice surprises when I was picket-up at the airport in Dutch language. Mist it a bit after staying 2 weeks in Bankok. The place is very quiet day and night. The breakfast is all you can eat and at rekwest. Lunch and diner also at rekwest and royal served. Staff is very nice and always helpfull for questions about the area and have a van for traveling around at normal price. Hopefuly I find the time to comback.

Room Tip: This place has only 3 bungalows. 2 smaler are put togetter for families to join , The bungalow is a...
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The STC Homestay Bed and Breakfast guest house is a short drive from the Udon Thani Airport. It is where you can learn about Thai Isaan culture and ways. The walks near the lake and through the small villages give you a sense of what rural Thailand is truly like.

The room included a tv, wifi, films and player, fridg, tables for work inside and out and more. It is clean, beautiful and if you should need anything all you have to do is pick up the phone and call the owner's house next door.

The food is out of this world. It is better than most 5 star restaurants and the owners are kind,
and also know what to do in and around the city of Udon. If you don't have a car there are bicycles and other ways to get around. It is a beautiful hide away where you can get rest, or work or explore the area. I recommend this BB without reservation.

Room Tip: Have been in all of the rooms and they all are great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to STC Homestay Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!