“Spacious rooms, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Udon Star Palace Hotel
5.0 of 5 Inn   |   Watthana Nuwong 75/3, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand   |
Ranked #12 of 58 Udon Thani B&B and Inns
Bangkok
“Spacious rooms, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pleasant stay here. Staff very quick to help. Spacious rooms.....comfortable bed. Did not have the breakfast in the morning but at half the price of the Centara and Pennarai this place is impressive. Great location and quiet.

Room Tip: No lift so low floor perhaps preferable if lots of luggage
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a short stay at the Udon Star Palace and a very pleasant stay in this unusual Boutique Hotel that reminded my very much of a similar hotel in Bangkok. Bare concrete floors, with art décor fittings and paintings make this hotel very unique. Mirrors add to the surrounds. The owner and all of his staff make your stay as pleasant as any hotel I have stayed in all over the world. Nothing is too much trouble for them to assist you. I had only 1 issue which I have scored a little lower, and that refers to my sleep quality. I wish to advise you, this was NO fault of this hotel, it was my own personal problem. Having arrived from Bangkok that day, I was unwell, tired, maybe over tired, and found a problem sleeping on the first night. The bed was extremely comfortable but the size of the rooms blew me away. Room safe was secure. Free breakfast in the morning provided is fairly basic but tasty. One cannot expect a gourmet breakfast in a hotel of this size. I personally thank the owner and especially the staff for making my stay pleasant. Rating 9/10

Room Tip: Little Italian Restaurant just down the road about 70 mtrs. Excellent
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very good location. Mall, GYM, many different foods all within walking distance. Quite and relaxing stay. I was not able to locate my weight lifting belt while there and the staff including the manager went out of their way to locate it for me. THANK YOU EVERY MUCH!!! They found it at the gym that I had workout at in the morning. This meant so very much to me!

I stayed in the mirror room, and will stay there again when I return to Udorn.

Great FREE breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: If your into this sort of thing---- The mirror room was OUTSTANDING!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Udon Thani
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

But my stay at the Udon Star Palace has prompted me to put fingers to keyboard. I stayed there for 4 nights in November 2012. I was greeted with a smile and a nice cold fresh juice, just what I needed after the long trip.

The room had all I needed, nice big comfortable bed, hot shower and bath, in room safe and plenty of room, the room was very big!

But it's not the room that makes this place it is the staff. This was my 4th Hotel in Thailand and I have to say the best!

Nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to ensure that my stay was a pleasant one. They even organised to have some pants I had purchased taken up.

They were friendly and bent over backwards to accommodate my needs. So very genuinely friendly and nice.

I was not travelling to Chiang Mai until 8.30pm and they allowed me to have a 4pm check out and believe me I was so very grateful as carrying my bags around the streets in the heat would have been no fun!

I would highly recommend this place, it’s not the Ritz but I would challenge even them to better the service.

Centrally located and close to pretty much everything it’s the ideal place to stay if you visiting Udon Thani.

Thank you so much ladies and thank you to the French man. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Room 17 I was in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the finanl few days of my brief Thailand holiday.

The room was an excellent size and good value. The staff where friendly as where all of the other places that I stayed.

I will most certainly stay again and I liked the location which was close to nightlife and local markets.

Thankyou for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Alessandria, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good and cheap hotel with big rooms and friendly staff. Situated in the center of nightlife and near to the market of Udon Thani, rent motorbikes and have free transfer from/to the airport. I will come back in my next holidays.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I think this is one of the coolest hotels in Thailand personally. I think the rooms are huge, and it is perfectly located. Cindy is awesome as a "host". I am not in any way affiliated with this business at all, but the owners work hard at creating a unique experience, in a small town. I suppose to prove my sincerity, for a negative(or more like a "needs improvement") I could say the only issue, and if you live in Thailand and are a westerner you know this is a universal issue, the other staff beyond the owners could stand to learn a little more English, but everyone is really so nice regardless.

Alex

Room Tip: I love the mirror room!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Udon Star Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!