if you're my type whose idea of a vacation is something spent away from the noise and the crowd, I highly recommend the place. my family and I stayed in this resort for eight days off peak season (September 2012) and I really enjoyed it.
- airport transfers from Phuket Intl Airport can be availed until 8pm but you need to inform the hotel first for booking and to know the fee (dirt cheap anyway so might as well)
- they assigned us to a nice 2-BR family suite with balcony which is complete w/ two T&B, a small kitchen w/ basic amenities (we cooked our breakfast here), a dining area and a living room w/c was really big enough to be converted to act as another bedroom. I actually broke one of the ceramic shampoo bottles but wasn't charged a cent :P. very accommodating! Gym is available too.
- nice in-house restaurant although others are better. I highly recommend trying out the other hotel's resto/bars/cafes within the compound. We also tried the restos/bars outside the Laguna compound most notably Chaba's and Lotus Restaurant (excellent lobster). Rides to these places can be arranged by front desk.
- very nice pool w/ slide. it has only one depth though (less than 4.5 feet so diving simply cannot be done); great for kids.
- since LHC Phuket is located in a compound of around 6 or 7 other hotel resorts owned by the Laguna Resorts and Hotels Public Company Limited, you can visit some of the other hotels for free using their in-house shuttle service, w/c is literally at your beck & call (just seek help from front desk of wherever resort you are, wait for a few mins and voila! ride is there). this is impt since LHC Phuket itself is not located beach front. We had to go to Dusit Thani and Angsana (w/c are member resorts) to go enjoy Batang beach (this is free). You must get a resort pass (for a fee) though if you want to avail the other resort amenities like the pretty large pool of Dusit Thani. Another alternative to the shuttle is to take the canal ferry ride (for free as well) at Canal Shopping Village (where all the basic boutiques/cafes are). If you want to be earth-friendly, you can also rent a bike from front desk to go explore the compound.
- Not much to do in terms of watersports and other adventurous stuff inside the compound (but then again maybe it was the weather?), but they do have in-house elephant shows & rides if you do not wish to leave the compound at all. The beach was excellently not crowded when we came but since the weather was a bit of a bummer in September, swimming was not such a good idea.
- If you wish to go explore Phuket Town and avail other activities outside the resort compound, the front desk personnel will gladly assist you in booking taxis who will be at your service for an agreed upon time. We availed a trip to Phuket Town and then to Island Safari for a discounted price. You can also arrange to take a van to Ko Phi Phi or Patong bay if beach night life is your thing.
Bottomline: this place is great for families who wants a stress-free, quiet vacation. superb service in my opinion and just a great way to relax and forget real life for a while.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Hotel
- Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort Thailand
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.