“Manathai Resort Surin Phuket” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manathai Surin Phuket

You added Manathai Surin Phuket to your Saves list
Manathai Surin Phuket
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121/1 Moo 3 Srisunthorn Rd. | Cherng Talay, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Manathai Resort Surin Phuket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great resort, boutique style resort, the service was excellent, breakfast lovely.
My room was in the older part of the resort and lacked a soft chair or couch to sit on.
The resort is a short walk to beautiful Surin beach with many quality restaurants.
The Manathai's Diamond Beach club is highly recommended, great cocktails and beautiful sunsets.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the resort.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very well located, the room are very conformable, staff wonderful, nice swimming pool, at night just cross the road at have a good dinner on the beach or cocktail, ho and the Breakfast was perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Our room smelt like mould, we paid for a pool view room and were given a room that looks over at the car park. The airconditioning was barely working, and then it started to leak continuously. I'm not sure whether your staff are aware of this being quite a big problem, but the water filled a whole bucket twice. The first time we let the staff know, they fixed it and told us to let them know when it happened again? This doesn't really seem like a problem being fixed, and of course the aircon leaked again. Again, it was fixed. The water splashed all over our bed linen and the staff just wiped it off.
We ate at the resturant on the 2nd night of our stay, the food was okay.
There is a complimentary bus that takes guests from the hotel to patong. We kindly asked if we could please use the bus the same day that we checked out, we hadnt used the bus both days whilst staying there and were wondering (as a nice gesture) if we could get the bus on midday back to Patong.
This was met with a blank stare, a call to the driver and a 'no' with no explanation.
I felt disappointed, we hadnt caused a fuss over the state of our room, however no favours were done to redeem this!
It was disappointing, we won't be visiting again. And I would recommend staying elsewhere.
Unfriendly, not wanting to do anything out of the ordinary.
Waste of money.

• Stayed August 2013
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

There have been a few negative reviews written about this hotel and I really can't understand why. The breakfast was delicious (omelettes made to order), the room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, the private plunge pool on the terrace was great, the hotel was quiet and the location was perfect - just a short wander down to the beach. Surin beach has lots of little bars and restaurants to cater for a huge variety of tastes and budgets. The hotel room was incredibly good value, however the hotel does look a teeny bit tired in one or two places, slightly shabby chic, but this only added to the relaxed charm of the place. I really cannot fault this hotel and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The pool suites are great as they come with your own private plunge pool together with a small terra...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had stayed at Karon for 12 nights before here and loved how laid back it was in this area, no hustle and bustle. Perfect destination to just relax on the beach and enjoy the food and drinks. We got a great deal on Wotif to stay at Manathai and for this reason we got value for money. We stayed in one of the studio's with a balcony overlooking the pool (a free upgrade) and the room was spacious and has a very large ensuite. It was very nice. Breakfast was also very nice with lots of variety. We only ate at the restaurant once and found the staff to be lovely but the food was a little ordinary.
The pool area is really beautiful with plenty of sun and shade and fresh pool towels from reception as often as you like.

We have been to Surin before to visit but not to stay and were aware of Catch Beach Club which we really loved however now that Diamond Beach Club is there and is affiliated with Manathai we would go there. The food was really, really good there. The staff were lovely and they are very comparable to Catch but a little bit cheaper.

This was our 4th visit to Phuket and we plan to spend more time at Surin next time.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies overlooking the pool are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I thought this would be a nice bed and breakfast place but I felt like it was a nice resort! I will definitely staying there again next time. 5 minute walk to beach that is just across the street. Staff was really friendly. They have some cheap massage places down the road as well that is convenient ! I like Surin Beach because its closer to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

last night me and my daughter come to have a dinner in manathai restaurant, the staff is so unfrendly one can't understand English,the woman who probably incharge not friendly at all not even smile to the customer. we order and my little girl so hungry order her pizza after all my food arrived she still did not get her food until an hour or so,I ask the staff and I find out he did not make the order I'm so upset,so I ask to speak to the manager but the lady who I told was unfriendly was even worse give me a question "you want the food or not then sit down" I never had this experience in many other restaurant I ever visited in my life... this is a very bad service. she even complaining to me that she did not have many people working.. that's not my problem at all... and she told me to speak to the manager about need more staff that's also not my problem,if I have staff like this working for my I will fire her because our there still so many better people can do an amazing work.i guess this staff did not happy with her job at all.. should just let her out!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Manathai Surin Phuket? Share your experiences!