My husband and I were so looking forward to the last three nights of our holiday in The Manathai. We splashed out and booked a plunge pool villa. Now, we had a lot of personal things about why we rate this hotel the second worst we've stayed in, however, I will only point out the facts. It is after all only our opinion.
1. The service was shocking. We felt as if we were imposing and not a paying guest. For example:
* They offer a free shuttle to Patong, however, everytime we went to book we were told it was 'full.' It was never full, they just tried to discourage guests. We had to kick up a fuss to even get the free transportation they offered.
* We asked for a late check-out by one hour and one staff member said instantly NO without looking. We tried again later, only to be told yes, no problem.
* Staff drank and ate and chatted in reception and in lobby. Not proper customer service.
* No bar staff and when asked to have a drink we were scoffed at as if we were putting THEM OUT.
* Staff used the guest toilets around the pool - staff quarters should be adequate that this DOES NOT happen.
* Breakfast was lack lustre and low choice. No pastries and bread was stale.
* We had children staying in the room above us - screaming, running. It was very loud and not romantic at all.
* Room was tired, as was the rest of the hotel. I would rate it a 3 star, if that.
* The area of Surin is not nice. We MUCH prefered Karon in terms of restaurants, price, drinks and beach.
In our opinion The Manathai needs a serious overhaul in management. Not only would we NEVER stay there again, but we instantly wanted to leave when we arrived. If you want a romantic, peaceful resort, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temporarily Closed for major renovation -- Opening in November 2015 MANATHAI SURIN PHUKET SUNLIGHT DANCES ACROSS WATER, A DELICATE FLORAL FRAGRANCE WAFTING INSIDE AND OUT Aromatic lotus ponds are a defining feature at MANATHAI Surin Phuket, an elegant 52-room boutique resort. Inside, colourful handicrafts and plush silk fabrics against smooth dark wood. Inspired by Thai passions, textures and flavours. A sense of tranquillity found in this tropical seaside haven nestled at the edge of the white sands of Surin Beach on the beautiful island of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Manathai Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manathai Resort, Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Manathai Hotel Phuket
- Manathai Hotel Surin Beach
- Manathai Surin Phuket Thailand