“Gorgeous property, discreet service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trisara Phuket

Save Saved
You added Trisara Phuket to your Saves list
Trisara Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   60/1 Moo 6, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy 30%off - Early Bird
Ranked #1 of 52 hotels in Thalang District
“Gorgeous property, discreet service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After the crazy long haul's from the East coast of the US and an exhausted overnight in Bangkok, it was an absolute breeze to take the short flight from Bangkok to Phuket and be picked up by the Trisara folks. The small Volvo SUV wouldn't have the panache of the rides our other properties would provide, but it was a brand spanking new comfy ride. Water and scented towels were provided for the trip to the resort. We travelled in late June, and folks, the island is DEAD. Most of the shops and restaurants we passed were shuttered.

Finally, we arrived at the resort, tucked into a hillside. There was an upper level check in, but as it was occupied when we arrived, we were taken down to the another lobby area where the hotel's main amenities are located. Check in was a breeze, and the little tour of the restaurants, library, pool, etc. was a welcome way to get our bearings.

We booked the least fancy room category, the ocean view pool room, but were told upon arrival that they would upgrade us after the first night. Honestly? Did we need the upgrade? NO! The pool room was GORGEOUS and very large. Of course, the resort was no where near fully booked, but we felt the room was very private. I can believe that if you had noisy neighbors (or plan on making a ruckus yourself), you might prefer one of the private villas, but we would have been fine.

That said, we didn't turn down the upgrade to the pool suite, which had the exact same bedroom/bathroom, with an additional living area and spa bathroom and a full size pool/deck. Gorgeous.

Views from both pavilions were breathtaking and nearly identical... Not sure that I would desire one of the ocean "front" villas--not sure what kind of a gain that would be. These villas at the top of the hill seemed to have better views.

Restaurant was very good, but not excellent. Breakfast was the best part of the day. Were we to return to Phuket, I would want to go during a busier period so that there were more places to dine around the area. Service was EXTREMELY friendly but seemed ... I've struggled to put the right word to it. It's not that they were poorly trained, or poorly managed... Perhaps they have poor instincts? Or are too shy? Sometimes it seemed like they were afraid to come over and refill your water glass. This took away from the experience a bit.

We spent most days at our villa pool, but did spend a bit of time at the resort pool. It couldn't have a more gorgeous setting; however, it was much hotter down there than it was up on the hill at our villa. Also, again, the service? Severely lacking. Had to chase down our own drinks and staff to help with umbrellas, etc. It was decidedly peculiar how people acted, as if they didn't want to offend you by bringing you a drink. Made me wonder about previous guests! The beach was a bit of a disappointment. It was beautiful, certainly, but up close, oh MY was it littered with trash. The staff, in this case, was doing a phenomenal job, raking all the time, but they just couldn't keep up with the amount of litter coming in from the sea. We had NO desire to sit on the beach, much less swim.

Our favorite time was spent at the villa, and we had a number of meals there. The room service was very speedy and in some ways provided better service than the restaurant.

I highly recommend the spa--very unique experience. The spa suites are at the very top of a hill and entirely private. The views are incredible--something amazing about taking your steam and having tea on your little patio overlooking the sea. Facial, massage, and exfoliation were all well performed and left me feeling pampered and relaxed.

All in all, it was a wonderful, relaxing experience. If you are looking for luxe privacy in SE Asia, this resort should top your list. Should it be a destination in and of itself? Not from the East Coast of the US. If you just want a beach/island vacation, you can have a similarly lovely experience in the Caribbean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Trisara hits it right out of the park, every time! Rarely do we revisit a property (no matter how much it wowed us) as we feel there is always something new to explore! For the first time ever, we found ourselves drawn back to the magical kingdom of Trisara for a repeat visit. And, before we departed, we already booked our third! Need I say more? I thought I bestowed all accolades possible in my FIRST review of Trisara but I find myself needing to bestow even MORE the second time around! The moment you make your way passed the gate, you are enveloped into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors, beauty and perpetual smiles. It captivates you in a way that is hard to describe. The service continues to be as exemplary as it gets. Set at such a high level, it will be hard to replicate. At all times, the entire Trisara team display such a genuine and heartfelt focus on your happiness, they make it near impossible to infiltrate back into the "real" world.

I won't bore you with another lengthy review as I have now learned, no amount of literary praise will ever articulate the captivating and exquisite experience of Trisara. You have to live it to know. I hope this review propels you to find out for yourself. You will thank me.

Oprah Winfrey is well known for posing the question, "What do you know for sure?" If you are fortunate enough to indulge in this slice of heaven, you will return more than once! This I know for sure! :-)

p.s. I must mention the private boat tours offered by the resort! They are outstanding! Dalen (recreation manager) and Loh (captain) will provide the most memorable days ever!

vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's been a few years since we went but i've been so busy and just sold my business so we are planning another trip to thailand. I'm looking at hotels in phuket and nothing seems to come close to what we experienced at Trisara. It's a gorgeous resort that we fell madly in love with and I honestly can't think of a single thing wrong with it? We usually don't like to go back to the same place twice but we are thinking of going back to Trisara again. We even just finished building our dream home and designed our backyard and infinity pool like the ones at Trisara!! We stayed in an ocean view villa which is huge and probably way more room than anyone needs but wonderfully decadent and luxurious. They have beautiful views and sumptuous beds and furnishings. The food was to die for! Best pad thai I've ever had! The massages and spa were worth the trip from Canada alone! They treated us like Royalty in fact princess beatrice and eugenia ( I think that's their names? fergies daughters?) were there when we were there. The only bad part was when we left the resort. Our friends were staying at Mom Tri's which I didn't think was nice at all? We rented a car a few times and drove down there and it was really stressful driving there, totally chaotic and the beaches down there were so busy and packed. Totally not our scene at all. We couldn't wait to get back to the peaceful bliss of Trisara. We even looked at the residences there considering them for a vacation home because it's so stunnigly perfect!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I have just spent a week in what must be the best luxury beach hotel we have ever stayed in. The hotel is set in spectacular, lush tropical gardens that grow right to the beach. The rooms (especially 407) are magnificent and the views and sunsets we saw from our private infinity pool are beautiful, peaceful and inspiring. The food - breakfast, lunch (on the beach) and dinner are superb! The staff are far too attentive, always obliging, always pleasant and they all know you from day one. Everyone, including the "room turndown" staff wished me happy birthday - how did they all know? We have travelled from Tahiti to Alaska and Trisara must be one of the best places we have ever had the privilege to stay at.
From the moment you arrive at reception and are met, your time to relax and unwind begins. Check in is done in your suite and takes a few moments. After that we were shown around our amazing huge suite and whatever we wanted was provided with a smile. Anthony and his staff looked after us as if we were the two most important people in the world. We will return as this has been one of the most relaxing and wonderful weeks of our lives.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite that is within easy (read not too steep a hill) walking distance to the main facilit...
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

At first we were deciding between Amanpuri and Trisara, having stayed at a few of the Aman resorts before. But the compelling reviews of Trisara swayed me and we booked it for 3 nights- boy am I glad! Here's why:

SERVICE- nothing is too much trouble, requests are met with a smile, and everything is for your relaxation and happiness. A private airport transfer will be arranged, so forget the taxi peddlers at Phuket airport and go straight to the Trisara representative who will whisk you and your luggage into a air conditioned Volvo SUV, which will arrive at reception in less than 20 minutes. Enjoy a cold towel and some water on your drive.

LOCATION- Trisara is secluded and private. Most guests don't venture out of the resort much because there isn't much around there. If you're looking to mingle with other tourists or go out at night to an area like Phuket Town or Patong, it's 45 minutes away. But if you are looking for private seclusion, this is your perfect bet.

ROOMS- We had a ocean pool room which was quite spacious and the private pool was a very nice size. We spent our first afternoon skinny dipping in the pool because it's so secluded that no one can see you. Hey, why not?

SPA- gorgeous spa suites with steam rooms attached- absolute perfection. My husband and I had not a FOUR hand massage, but a SIX hand massage which was heaven. There is something about having your feet, head, and body massaged at the same time that transcends you above the Earth.

FOOD- choices are limited- you have either the Deck serving Thai and Western fare, or the Seafood restaurant, which is good but has limited choices. The beach BBQ is a must as they serve fresh fish and prawns and squid right there on a BBQ on the beach, fresh to order. Breakfast leaves a little to be desired as the resort only has 40 villas and thus not enough traffic to sustain an awesome buffet- they have some juices and fruits and then you order off the menu; or you can get room service. Just be sure to enunciate clearly as the room service reps don't speak perfect English- I ended up with a side of AVOCADO after I asked for coffee with some TO GO cups. Yeah, maybe I should talk slower? Or they should train their staff to speak better English? Either way, not a big deal.

POOL/BEACH- Trisara has a private section of beach with cabanas and chaise lounges that is perfect. It's so quiet that all you hear are the waves crashing on the beach. The pool attendants are SUPERB. I asked for a lounge chair without any sun and as the Earth moved and I lounged, the attendants would actually come by every hour and move my umbrella the slightest bit so that I still had no sun anywhere on my chair. Phenomenal. They also have free snorkel gear, canoes, and paddleboards you can rent.

Don't stay elsewhere in Phuket if you're looking for luxury and outstanding service. Can't wait to go back!!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This review is a tad late, for what has got to be one of my most favourite hotels is in the world. My husband and I have been to Trisara three times and will (hopefully) be returning again later this year. We were already blown away during our first visit but each subsequent visit gets better (with little improvements here and there). The food is always great and gets better with each visit - the pastries are divine.

This hotel doesn't sweat the small stuff - free WiFi and you get to stay in your villa till you need to leave for your flight. Proper tea (loose leaves) /coffee amenities in the room, with a very well stocked fridge (wine, beer, champagne etc.). If you fancy a jug of your favourite cocktail, just call room service and its brought to your villa/pool.

The Trisara organizes some very interesting dining events. On one of our trips, there was a charity dinner to fund-raise for the Tsunami in Japan. The hotel owner/management flew in very talented pianists from Bangkok (they even flew the grand piano in) and we thoroughly enjoyed the music as well as the food and wine. On another occasion, there was a very special Thai dinner, with a chef that forages for the freshest and most interesting local ingredients, with wines paired from a vineyard in Hua Hin (actually quite pleasant wines). These dining events give you the opportunity to meet other guests and be sociable. If you are not feeling sociable, you can always dine in the privacy of your villa. Sunday brunch (with wine/bubbly) is also great (with a massage corner thrown in - yes you can get a shoulder massage while you sip on your wine). The bar is also fab and makes one of my favourite cocktails (I think it is called Chili Moon - lime, vodka and Chili).

During our last trip we realized we did not have any local Thai currency - but it didn't matter as we never left the Trisara! We will keep coming back to this little piece of heaven - Anthony/his lovely wife and the rest of the Trisara team are wonderful hosts - perfect service with a a lot of heart, soul and wit!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms and villas are ocean facing. I actually prefer the Villas that are slightly...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Asia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Collection from the airport to the hotel was quick and efficient. As this was a last minute additional holiday in the year we booked an Ocean View Pool room as it was the least expensive. The view was stunning almost 360 degree view of the bay, the room was very well laid out and was decorated to an excellent standard. We spent the first day in our room by the small pool just admiring the amazing view. Unfortunately, late afternoon a young couple checked in next to our room. Loud music etc. If you are at the Trisara for R&R and peace and quite which we were then an Ocean View Room would not be the best choice as you can hear everything next door as the two pools are only separated with a wooden fence. However, if you are lucky and don't have anyone next door or a quiet occupant these rooms have the most stunning of views. The sunset and sunrise are picturesque.

We then moved to an Ocean Front Pool Villa and although the view not as stunning it was still amazing. These rooms have a larger pool and are located some distance from other villas so almost totally quiet. The bathrooms in both this and the Ocean View Rooms are stunning along with the hand made soap. House Keeping was excellent, everything was spotless and totally consistent. The home made cookies and the fresh fruit daily were a nice touch but so not good for the waistline! I really couldn't fault anything about this villa, it was an excellent place to relax and chill out.

We had room service each evening out by the pool and again it was excellent! We didn't use the beach or the main pool but both looked lovely. The service at breakfast was slow, however, on the second day we ensured that we asked for coffee and juice to arrive first so it really didn't matter that the rest of the food took a while. Having said that, each breakfast was cooked to order and was worth the wait. The home made yogurt is fabulous! It seemed that nothing was too much trouble and the staff were always very friendly and on the whole very efficient.

Trisara is now our first choice of hotel in Phuket and we are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Go for either an Ocean View Pool Villa for views however if you want total quiet go with Ocean Front...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!