“BEYOND PERFECTION!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trisara Phuket

Save Saved
You added Trisara Phuket to your Saves list
Trisara Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   60/1 Moo 6, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 52 hotels in Thalang District
New York
“BEYOND PERFECTION!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have never wanted to post a review more than I do for the incomparable Trisara! My husband and I just enjoyed one of the most memorable weeks of our life at this spectacular resort. We are a well traveled couple, fortunate enough to have enjoyed 7 star service at amazing properties throughout the world, but nothing prepared us for the extraordinary experience we had at Trisara. This resort is so outstanding, I truly do not know where to begin! The general manager and resort manager greeted us upon arrival at reception. You knew immediately you were in the best hands possible. They are a dazzling, seamless duo whose only priority is your complete happiness during your stay! They work around the clock to ensure every and any desire is met. We stayed in one of the Ocean View Pool Villas and found it hard to leave, if only for a short while. It was exquisite and designed for comfort, down to the smallest of details. When you do venture out from the beauty and comfort of the villa, there is so much waiting for you within the resort as well. The property is laid out in a way that ensures a great walking path for some outdoor exercise while enjoying amazing views! The main pool area is magnificent and conveniently situated a few steps from the beautiful beach. The restaurant guarantees you views of some of the most magnificent sunsets you will ever encounter. We are an extremely finicky couple when it comes to food and I am happy to report, there wasn't a single item at breakfast, lunch or dinner that we didn't enjoy! (Phat Thai, outstanding!) The food was delicious throughout. It was for this reason alone, we did not venture out to any outside restaurants during our stay! We couldn't imagine anything exceeding the freshness and quality presented at Trisara! Our meals and the setting in which the restaurant is situated, totally sublime. The spa was top notch and we enjoyed the services there immensely. My husband is an avid exercise buff and raved about the fitness center as well! The entire property and all it has to offer, wows you at every turn. I must also comment on the staff. They were, collectively, the finest group of service people we have ever encountered. Risa (Senior assistant manager), continuously ensured that every whim and desire was met at all times and always with a welcoming smile, no matter how busy, when you approached her desk! She constantly bent over backwards to secure any request or inquiry we had! As did all the staff at the front desk/reception. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the exceptional drivers we met when hiring one of the Trisara cars to take us around the island! We met Dam during a Phuket Town tour and enjoyed his company, conversation and kindness even more than the sights! He was the highlight for sure. Then we had the great fortune of being driven to Khao Lak by Baron, a charming, adorable, friendly, young man! He was so delightful, we decided to turn our half day outing into a full one! We had the same experience at the restaurant! Found ourselves anxious to get to breakfast in the morning, just to see the smiling faces of Pik, Tor and Ann! Their service during our many meals, always impeccable! Aside from all the stunning surroundings, amazing food and accommodations that Trisara offers, it can also tout itself as having the most professional and friendly staff infusion I've ever encountered anywhere in the world! As you can see, I chose the title of this post ("Beyond Perfection") because I could not find truer words! In Sanskrit, Trisara means "Third Garden in Heaven." After being ensconced in this idyllic paradise, I find myself referring to it as the "First Garden in Heaven!" Bravo to Trisara for not only raising the bar, but for removing the bar! We are still in the middle of our Asian travels (right now, enjoying Hong Kong) but we felt an urgency to share our experience at Trisara because a stay at this resort, is the closest thing to heaven you can find. We pride ourselves on never doing "repeat" travel as our theory is, there is so much to see in this world, why return twice to one place? The moment we entered Trisara, we knew our theory no longer applied! We will be booking our return visit shortly! Trust me, if you are indecisive about where to stay in Phuket, you will not be sorry when choosing Trisara. I saw a previous post, regarding mosquitos. Please don't let this be a deterrent. The supreme excellence of this resort, negates any inconvenience of a mosquito bite. We did our due diligence and have had property tours of Banyan Tree, Amanpuri, etc.! Our final conclusion? RUN, do not walk, to Trisara!! Nothing will compare

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

i so want to say excellent......but
I stayed in the 1 bed pool suite.The room is excellent,spacious,elegant,well designed.Fantastic bathroom,spacious changing area,wonderful private pool....i could go on...
The Ocean suites are not on a par and the 2 bed pool villa is uninspiring ..so this is the room.
Service was charming but my big issue was the long wait for the buggy to take me to reception...i called 4 times and had to wait 30 minutes.This is unacceptable in an estate based hotel where you need transport to move around.Also you feel very isolated from the beach ,distant pretty sea views.Breakfast is average as was dinner, the food should be better in a hotel of this standard.
Would i recommend the hotel.Sure,especially if you can use the Amex Fine Hotel and resort rate and get upgraded from the Ocean suite to the 1 bed pool villa.If you have to rely on rack rates or not get a upgrade,then i would say that you can find much better value on the island.....

Room Tip: 1 bed pool villa is excellent.The ocean suite and the 2 bed pool villas are not ....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Take a look at the photo's, it really does look like that when you get there, the resort and the villas are absolutely stunning. Your villa is beautifully designed and decorated and the views (especially at sunset) are jaw dropping. There are lots of pool villa resorts in Thailand but at Trisara the pools are bigger, the foliage is mature and well placed to ensure complete privacy and you basically don't want to leave the villa once you are in.

So, in summary it's a truly stunning resort, possibly the most beautiful we've stayed in but it takes more than that to make a truly memorable stay. We live in Singapore and spend a lot of time in SEA and I can truthfully say I've never been bitten so many times by mozzies. I understand the environmental considerations of fogging and yes you can lather on mozzie repellant every 2 minutes but at a high end resort like this they should be able to find a solution.

Lastly, the staff are hit and miss and range from exceptional to ok. Breakfast was not what we ordered on 2 out of 3 mornings and the guy bringing it was reluctant to change it and bring the correct items, it should not have been a debate. They also lost our dinner reservation, ok it happens. What shouldn't have then happened was having to remind 3 different people that we were waiting for a table and have none of them come back to us, nobody appeared to be in charge or able to take control. Granted they were busy but the staff acted like headless chickens. We finally got a fairly mediocre table an hour later only to see 3 tables by the beach (our original request) come free 10 minutes later, clueless.

I'm probably being a bit picky but at these room rates you expect great service and for me on this occasion Trisara didn't 100% deliver. Having said that, it is such a stunning place that I would go back and hope the staff are having a better day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Matt196,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I’m obviously thrilled to read how you feel Trisara is perhaps the most beautiful resort you have experienced anywhere and that you love our wonderful private pool villas.
The mosquitoes are always a battle in the tropics, especially after any rain and always around sunset. However, we do have a very strong attack plan that we find does work well, and it is totally chemical free, which is important as the hot fogging you may see elsewhere also kills all the little animals like butterflies. We will be more diligent with this after rain in future.
I appreciate your comments on the F&B service, which at the busiest month of the year, and when guests arrive at once can be stretched. We are working on this and we feel confident our great team will manage this better in future.
Warmest Regards,

Anthony Lark
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Although my partner & I did not actually stay at Trisara we met up with my daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter who were checking out from a week's stay the previous week and we then moved on to a villa some half an hours drive away to spend Christmas & New Year together. We had travelled from England and they from Australia. We were so impressed with the courteous welcome from all the staff & Management at Trisara, we enjoyed our first family meeting after 16 months even more so because of the venue, wonderful hospitality and welcome. Then to top it all due to having to leave the villa at midday on our departure date and our flights being late evening we were given an extended welcome to use the facilities, leave our luggage safe, enjoy a wonderful meal on our last day and freshen up before we left Phuket. A truly fabulous place with amazing staff and hopefully we will stay there ourselves in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We first visited this beautiful resort shortly after it opened in 2004 (or thereabouts), and we have been back several times since, each time this fabulous resort gets better and better. We are Asian resort fans and have spent the last 20 years or so experiencing some of the best that Asia has to offer. I would always expect an Asian resort to be absolutely beautiful, which Trisara is, but after that each resort varies considerably, lacking a little here and there and usually a great deal when it comes to the food; the main problem with most of the resorts we have stayed at for any length of time (five days plus), is the lack of choice and variation. Trisara, however, now has some fantastic menus and a brilliant executive chef, including great Thai food, Italian favourites, and a fabulous Bar and Grill styled offering. We ate across the menus and were very impressed. The range of wine is superb too, you can even have a single glass of vintage champage! Quite simply we dined three times a day and there was always something good that would hit the spot. We even had a relatively impromptu luncheon with ten outside guests arriving for the day - Trisara staff looked after everything beautifully and made our guests feel so very welcome and comfortable. For us Trisara should have another star, we don't think anywhere else in Asia has quite got 'it' as well as Trisara!

Room Tip: All the villas are beautiful
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed in a residential 2 bedroom villa in September with our adult son at a cost of $20,000 for 5 nights. Whilst we thoroughly enjoyed the experience we had the unfortunate event of theft ($500) from my husband's wallet on departure - his hand luggage was put in the car for our transfers to the airport and was out of our sight for approximately 20 minutes during which time the money disappeared. It was at check in at the airport he realized the missing money. We contacted the management immediately and were assured it would be thoroughly investigated. Now 4 months on we have not had feedback from management on the outcome. Given the upmarket status of Trisara we are very disappointed that management have not seen the
importance of contacting us with the findings of their HR department (whom they advised would be investigating).For Trip Advisor reviews- this is my third review on the same topic and the two previous have not to date been shown on the Trisara site. Go figure. Perhaps questions on security within resorts could be added to the tick box.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear TaNE88,
I feel it is important reply to your post of January 4th. My management team and I did thoroughly investigate the report you made from the airport in September 2011, that money was allegedly missing from your husband's wallet upon departure.
At the time, our villa manager spoke with you and then wrote to you at length about this. I also wrote to you, saying as there was simply no evidence, and as this was a very rare event, there was very little we could do other than investigate the staff who may have come in contact with the bag. (who all deny involvement) I'm sorry if we didn't communicate this to you properly again.
Trisara's guests feel very safe here and we really do not have a problem with this type of event, especially in Thailand where staff tend to be honest in general.
Despite this, we make it very clear to guests that at no time should they leave valuables such as wallets out of sight and to use the safe or safe deposit boxes to store items of a valuable nature.
Overall, I'm delighted you enjoyed your experience with us.

Anthony Lark
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

My husband and I spent the first part of our honeymoon here, and the only word for it was perfect. Trisara is all about privacy and personal service. After flying 30 hours, were so so pleased to be greeted by the general manager and taken on a personal tour of the property by a helpful worker. When we got to our room - a two-room pool villa - we were amazed. It was bigger than our New York City apartment. Two rooms, two bathrooms, two showers, two OUTDOOR showers, a private massage room, and bed overlooking the Adaman sea. But that was nothing compared to our private infinity pool and deck. The pool was big enough for a real swim - in fact we usually stayed at our pool instead of going to the big one (thought that was great too). You can't see anyone from your deck, and they can't see you. And the staff won't interrupt you, because they give you a "privacy angel" to place at the top of the stairs when you want to be left alone.

We were blown away by the friendly staff and the attentive service they provided. When we had breakfast in our room the first morning (breakfast is included, and you can have it for free in your room if you don't want to go down to the buffet) everyone at lunch was asking where we were at breakfast, and if we enjoyed it (we did - all the food was amazing). I am allergic to nuts, which is something I only had to tell the staff once. Not only did they remember for the rest of the trip, but when we went to a Sunday Jazz brunch, a staff member found me and pointed out all the dishes that had nuts in them before I even asked.

Some other highlights
Views and grounds: Check out the pictures, but they don't do it justice. Seeing the sun rise and set every morning and night over the Adaman sea was something we looked forward to every day. I've never seen anything like it in my life. And the grounds are amazing as well. It's landscaped in such a way that - in your room - you have complete privacy. And the grounds around reception and the pool and restaurant feel like a spa.

Food: There is only one restaurant - which serves breakfast lunch and dinner - but they have two menus (one Thai, one international) and we never got bored. Mostly because everything we ate was delicious. Including the complementary fruit and handmade chocolate in the room every day.

Staff/Service: So friendly, so helpful, can't say enough about the service. They were so helpful in helping us book a tour we wanted to go on and everyone was asking how it was the next day. It started right from the beginning when we were picked up in their car at the airport and given bottled water and hot towels, to the end when we were dropped off in the same luxurious manner. Nothing in the middle disappointed.

Privacy: You do not have to interact with anyone while staying here if you don't want to. That's how private it is. You'll see other people if you want at meal times, and maybe on the beach, but it's not a party-type place. It's a private, secluded, relaxing experience.

Overall, this stay was the most relaxing trip of my life. You certainly pay a lot for the luxurious surroundings and the service, but you are treated like royalty in a setting like few others in the world.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!