“Great value and safe” 5 of 5 stars

Naiyang Sonwa Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   76/21 Moo 1, Saku, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
“Great value and safe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had a very early flight out of Phuket, so stayed the night at Naiyang Sonwa. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating; there is a free airport transfer which is also down the road.
I was traveling alone as well, and felt very safe

The hotel is right down the road from Nai Yang beach which s quickly becoming very developed with more hotels and businesses. It was an easy walk and very laid back/chill.

Thanks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We've spent one night before our departure from phuket. We had very nice room on the ground floor with direct acces to swimming pool. Everything was new and very clean. Staff was very helpful, food and drinks - very nice prices. Free transport to and from airport was also very nice. I can recommend Naiyang Sonwa if you are looking for cheap and comfortable hotel near airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us at another hotel, where there was no longer space. Staff from the beginning turned out to be very helpful - both in organizing trips and commuting to the airport. Extremely nice people, friendly atmosphere, clean rooms and tasty food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I knew I was arriving at Phuket airport at about 8 p.m, so I wanted to find a place as close to the airport as possible (not to have anything to do with the local taxis at nightfall). Nay Yang Sonwa offered reasonable prices in agoda, so I made my choice. So I booked the hotel for January 31 – February 1, 2013.
As for the hotel’s strengths, the hotel seems to be quite new (correct me, please, if I am wrong). Or at least newly renovated. That means that it is spotless in terms of paint, facilities and overall cleanness. No spots or stains anywhere. No smells. Nothing. The management really seems to care for the customers (as I will describe later). The daily room cleaning is very thorough, they do even more than you may ever expect. So it is really clean in every respect.
There is one more advantage. The hotel is located in a very quiet place. All of its rooms face a land plot that may be owned by some other hotel or resort, so there may be something built in front of it in the near future. Right now there are no signs of construction works there (as for me, I haven’t seen signs of any human presence in front of the hotel at all). The view from the rooms may not be too picturesque, but the thing is – it is really quiet. They only thing that might disturb you are the sounds of azan from the nearby mosque (I did not hear the early morning prayer calls – usually this sort of things starts at about 5 a.m. - they seem do it quietly; however, I heard a prayer on the Friday afternoon – anyway, it is not too loud as it may be). So my overall assessment is five stars for the sleeping quality.
The hotel is not in the beach front, so you will have to walk for about 10 minutes to get to the beach. The last passage between two beachfront hotels is quite tough, as there may be motorcycles going along the same narrow road between two fences. Anyway, it is only 2-3 minutes of the way and the cyclists do not seem to be rough or too busy.
The beach is really quiet and laid-back. There are no crowds at all. The whole village seems to be sleepy and relaxed, though it may satisfy all the basic traveler’s needs. There are several travel agencies, a good bunch of cafes and restaurants (including the ones at the surf line), some massage parlours, transfer services, and even tailor services. I saw no discos or any touristic entertainment in the place. So I would conclude that it is the right place to relax. During my stay at the place the sea was calm, the water was fine and rather transparent (as transparent as any sandy sea-bed may be). There is a good sandy beach and a smooth sea bottom in the area.
OK, so now about not so good things that, anyway, turned out to be OK. I had the toilet clogged on the next morning after I arrived. I was IMMEDIATELY offered a new room, and I saw some people attending to the problem some half an hour after I relocated. I also had some troubles with the new room’s safety deposit box (there was something wrong with my password), and again – the manager and staff did all their best to settle the problem. Though I was angry with the whole situation at first, I really think the people working in the hotel made all their best efforts to solve all the emerging problems as quickly as they could.
The breakfast was very basic – nothing to write about. The hotel staff said there was no WiFi in the rooms (though I managed to get a rather good connection once), but it is available in the reception area or even on balconies. Its speed and quality was good.
So all this being said, I extended my stay in the hotel for a couple of days, as I liked the hotel, the service and the place.
P.S. The hotel is near the airport (only a 30 minutes drive). Actually, it is the neighboring bay. The Nay Yang bay is very quiet, but if you walk further, you may see planes landing in the Phuket airport – right above your heads. My strongest recommendation – if you want to get close, wear some eye protection, as turbines may throw sand into your eyes.

So to sum it all up: 5 stars for the attitude. Not less :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Naiyang Sonwa Resort? Share your experiences!