“Best One Day Adventure Excursion” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
“Best One Day Adventure Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Package selected: 5Km Water rafting, 30 mins Elephant Trekking and 1hr ATV.

We were picked up from our hotel by the guide who called himself 'Tiger'. He's very friendly and welcoming. He clearly explained the itinerary and the schedule of events so that you know exactly what happening.

Our first stop (toilet break) was the monkey cave. It's a small temple inside a cave that has staglacites and some small monkey roaming around. Don't feel pressured to go in if you don't feel like it. It's only a rest stop before the 1.5hr drive. Then they drive you to the Anda Adventure base camp where they offer you complimentary drinks and free lockers.

WATER RAFTING (next to base camp):
The water rafting is dependent on the opening of an up river dam so you 'may' need to wait till the next opening so that the water is strong enough. Note, maximum passengers (excl; Captain + oarsman) is 5. So plan accordingly. This was my first w.rafting experience so I have no comparison, but i can tell you it was fun!! I didn't need need to row as the captain and oarsman was doing a great job!! Maybe 3-5 times would you need to row in order to get enough speed to go over some rocks. P.S: There are photographers who will photo you going down the river (just like the roller coaster rides). You can choose to buy the photo with no obligation.

ELEPHANT TREKKING (2 minute drive from base camp):
The elephant trekking starts on this ram-shackle building near a small rippling creek and can seat maximum 2 people (excl driver) The elephants are well trained know the verbal commands. After about 5 minutes into the trek the Elephant driver will ask if either of you will like to take the 'driver seat' and command the elephant for the rest of the trek!!! If you are not scared I would highly recommend it is a surreal and exciting experience. You are completely safe. The driver will be on foot & with you all the way and help 'drive' the elephant if you have troubles motivating the elephant to move. The trek itself is basically a round trip up and around a small hill. At the end of the trek there is a option to feed the elephant for extra 100 baht (no obligation)

ATV (10 min drive from base camp):
NOTE: bring Sunglasses or goggles are the ATV involves dusty roads!!

The ATVs are not the most comfortable ride but it is the most exciting! Most riders will opt for 1xATV per rider but you can choose: 2xper ATV or even get chauffeured on the ATV for the un-adventurous.

The ATV trek is 1hr long so if you have pockets or a small bag, take with you some of complimentary water bottles.

The ATV journey includes:
Dusty roads
Dusty hills
Small muddy pools
Small rocky hills
large low water creek

All in all the journey was great for me! But some may not like the bumpy ride.

P.S:
-Lunch is provided
-Before you leave, they take you to a 20 min baby elephant show. It's good fun to see the elephant in training and offer a free 'Elephant massage'. No obligation to buy anything.

Blenheim, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Experience 10/10, Safety 0/10”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were picked up in Phuket by our guide "Handsome Billy" who kept us entertained all the way to the camp.
The camp was clean and well run, we had lockers with our own padlocks to store belongings.

Our first adventure was the ATV bikes, the bikes were shocking, two couples rode together as the ladies could not steer their bikes, which I found out after was due to the steering wheels not working. My bike had no brakes which I had an issue with when coming back down, I told the guide (who was very grumpy, he keep signalling for us to hurry up all the way up the hill) he did however swap bikes with me, his was a nice new bike. My husbands bike had to have the steering wheel turned sideways to go straight. In saying all this it was fun, but definatly not a trek that they should be using anymore as it was pretty rough with huge tracks rutted out that were impossible to avoid and when slippery the edge was right there.

after a delicious lunch we went on the elephant ride, I was uncomfortable right from the start (more about me than the tour) our guide was taking photos with our camera for us which was great. When heading back downhill our seat fell to the side and we were hanging off the side of the elephant, the guide and another tried to push our seat back up (with us still in it, was kindof an impossible task) I had my husband sitting on top of me, eventually he managed to climb onto the elephants neck and I jumped down, was scared at the time. The guide then insisted on holding my hand all the way back. They were very concerned about me but just suffered bad bruising to my leg that was wedged against the metal frame of the seat, I was more concerned for the elephant. I fed her some bananas and she looked me in the eye and tapped my shoulder with her trunk, think she was checking I was ok.

Overall we did really enjoy our day and Billy was an outstanding host, he really made our day with his "ohhh la la" every time he laughed. Safety was not good on the bikes and if improved they would be great, the elephant thing was really just a freak accident.

Visited November 2013
“ATV's are death traps”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The state of the ATV fleet is extremely dangerous with non existent brakes, faulty steering and multiple mechanical faults. The entire group on our trip 07 Oct 2013 experienced mechanical faults and general breakdowns. There was no general safety or user instruction provided. I have experience on Quad (ATV) bikes on farms in New Zealand but nothing equipped me for the terror of engine a brake failure at the top of a hill and to be laughed at by the guides when I become distressed was adding insult to a poor experience.
Definitely do not do this trip, it is dangerous.

Visited October 2013
Kata Beach, Thailand
“best day of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

please anyone who is going elephant treking can you let me know how mun is that is the elephant i cant stop thinking about him been home 8 weeks .. it was the best day of my life.

Visited July 2013
Albury, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were picked up from our hotel in the morning by our tour guide Cha Cha. Cha Cha was extremely friendly, funny and told us many interesting facts and stories about Phuket as we made our way to our destination. He definitely made the hour drive go very fast!
The four wheeling was something we weren't experienced in as a family, but found it be exciting, especially the see the jungle, as well as the skills of the staff (much better than ours). One of the staff members made sure we saw the village from a local's eyes, showing us fascinating plants around the area.
Elephant trekking was extraordinary, the trainers obviously have a close relationship with the elephants, as they understood each other and were very affectionate to the elephants which was great to see. We felt very safe during the experience, and really appreciated all the photos one of the trainers took on our phone!
Lunch was served halfway through the day, which was very good.
We then went to the elephant show. The family had a small sitting area which allowed us to sit very close to the elephants, as they showed as some very funny tricks. Again, the trainers showed a great understanding of the animals. We were able to take photos with the elephants, and the highlight of the show was definitely getting a big kiss on the face by a long trunk!
Thanks to all the staff for a great day. Thank you Cha Cha for making it so enjoyable.

Visited August 2013