“got the 'wow' factor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Thalang District
Singapore, Singapore
“got the 'wow' factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

we arrived just on sunset, so the ambiance was just perfect.... (live guitar + complimentary cocktails)
the hotel is perched on a cliff with stunning views and is a new property so classy fittings and decor.
Angie at check- in was spot on efficient, and provided super personal attention thorough out our stay.
They have lovely restaurants serving good quality produce (esp the Friday seafood Market) and huge variety (bloody marys at breakfast!).
The property is large and whilst you have to wait sometimes for a buggy - we enjoyed the space and peacefully surroundings.
am i going back - ABSOLUTELY !!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

No recognition of the loyalty status in the hotel. Upgrade only for money, wow they really know how to treat loyal customers (top tier). I only booked the hotel because i had only nice experiences at the Sofitels and Pullmans.
We asked for a transport to the airport upon departure it was forgotten when checked out.
During a dinner in the italian restaurant i had a sharp plastic shard in my risotto which could have serious injured me. When i told them we saw the director arguing with the kitchen staff. The director was the whole night visiting every table in the restaurant but completely ignoring us the whole night after the incident, he was literaly dancing around our table, totally avoiding us.
We spent a lot of money in the restaurant all nights and i feeled that this was really shabby behaviour. Not a word from a restaurant manager and the director avoiding us. Never experienced such a behaviour in a hotel or restaurant. Unacceptable.
Next time i book another hotel where the loyalty status is more aware. There is a long way to go to be a nice hotel.
Spa was very good and professional.
Many russian tourists in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Daniel-GothamCity

It is our aim to create a hotel “guests love” – I would like to truly apologise for letting you down during your stay with us.

In regard to your booking with us I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly on brett.wilson@accor.com so I can have full details with which to investigate. We try to ensure that all Loyalty program benefits are adhered to with each guest and if there was an upgrade available then it should have been available for the level of membership you hold.

In regard to the incident in Vero restaurant I have spoken personally with our Director of Food and Beverage with regards to handling these situations and it was certainly not his intension to avoid you and now realises how it could have been interpreted - for this he is truly sorry.

I have passed on your kind comment to Spa team and they are delighted with your recognition and feedback.

I would love the opportunity to speak directly with you and hopefully replace your memory and assure you we are worthy of your deserved leisure time.

Sincerely

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We just returned home after staying at the Pullman Arcadia for four nights. As many wrote here before, the hotel is not entirely flawless, but we did not find anything major that would have needed immediate fixing.
What we noticed was that the water in the main pool was never really clear, not sure why. Also noticed some missing tiles on the bottom of the pool, which is strange given that the place is so new.
Something that we would recommend is maybe making the stairs directly above the pool somehow more "visible". While the design is nice, in bright sunlight they are hard to see from the top and it may be just a matter of time until someone misses one of the steps and falls, especially kids who don't pay attention.

Other than that we loved everything about this hotel! The location is very nice and quiet above Naithon beach and we did not find a bit of walking up and downhill to be an issue at all. If you do, you can always ask for one of the little shuttle cars to get to your room. They do run regularly to the beach anyway.

We did not use the spa so cannot comment on that.

We were upgraded to a beautiful Deluxe Sea View Room (building 3!) and extremely happy with it. The rooms are spacious, modern and light colored. Loved the lighting design in the room - very well thought through! The amenities in the room were great as well, could not think of anything that was missing and everything was always replenished regularly and promptly. The prices for the minibar items were very good, the room service menu could have more variety. Since there is an Italian restaurant in house, why not include pizzas and pasta dishes?

Speaking of food, breakfast at this hotel was amazing, could almost call it brunch as the variety also included salads and a large hot station. Cannot imagine that anyone could walk away hungry from there.
We ate at the Italian restaurant one evening and the food was also very nice. Another night we went to the seafood buffet and BBQ and also that was very very good. Prices are of course higher than outside, especially comparing to local Thai restaurants, but you get what you pay for either way.
We felt that especially things like the excellent seafood buffet should definitely be advertised directly in the rooms (rather than just at the front desk or restaurant) to attract more guests. It was a pity to arrive at 8.30 and see the restaurant almost empty.

Last but not least, the staff was great, always friendly and very attentive. English seems still challenging for some of the staff, but that will just need some training.

All in all we had a wonderful experience at this hotel and hope to be back. Thanks for a very memorable time!

Room Tip: Building 3 is close to the front desk, pool and restaurants and offers great sea views!
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is new and not totaly finished but start to be a very great place to stay for sure.
The staff could be a bit faster (45min) to give rooms but I won't complain for that we received them at 12h (instead of 14h), there are extremely welcoming.
The lobby has a wonderfull view on the sea. Nice bar which is serving good cocktails.
The room is luxurious and confortable.
Very nice place to stay in Phuket.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Geneve
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Two weeks ago the hotel confirmed that the family room that we booked and paid in advance was finished and available. After a 12 hours flight we were told by the reception that the family rooms are still not finished! The hotel offered two simple rooms but connected by the outside which obviously was not convenient with a 5 years old kid. We are now in a grand deluxe that is fine but firstly a category under what we paid for and secondly not adapted with a child. First time in my life that I have been downgraded because what I booked and paid was not available. Normal and business practices would have brought us to an upgraded category. Let's see how the vacations will go but not an ideal start when you have to spend your first evening thinking about the negociations about a room for the rest of the trip especially considering how this matter has been dealt with so far.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear ahayoz

I would firstly like to apologies regarding the delay in having the room you booked available. I am glad we had the opportunity to meet with you and get the situation resolved. I do hope the family room you have moved in to is working out well! Please let me know if there is anything further we can do to ensure you enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

it's very difficult to rate the pullman arcadia. it doesn't fit a 4 rating because it is in a beautiful location, yet there are small negative aspects that can affect ones overall impression of the hotel. I'm giving it a 4-plus rating.

At the end of the day, you've gotta ask yourself if you would stay here again, and we would ! we traveled with our 10-month old boy.

We stayed in room 1601, the grand ocean deluxe. the room was well kitted out. very comfortable bed and pillows !!! beautiful shower and veryyyy big bath. Room service was very good, for example we needed more mosquito repellent during our stay and they were always VERY fast in responding. We also used the laundry service and this was to a very high standard. One bad point - the shower kept blocking up so I had to continuously adjust the filter. And the toilet was on it's way out.

The main pool area is very nice. What we loved was the sandy area on the next level down from the pool, en-route to the beach. However, one BIG negative - the 2nd pool (top of the resort by the kids club) is just plain ugly and in a very bad location, certainly not 5 star standard (more like a motel pool, sorry guys!). With that 2nd pool in a better location, this hotel would look and feel amazing ! Ample supply of towels by the pool and very friendly pool staff.

Massage packages should be cheaper. Prices are pretty much the same as those in Sweden and this isn't what we would expect. A 90-minute massage costs about 3500THB, down by the beach about 400TBH. My feeling is that they would make far more money by cutting their standard prices in half. The treatments are excellent quality, my wife loved them, but she would have had many more if only they were more fairly priced.

breakfast was good...scrambled eggs, sunny side up, omelettes, you name it, all made to order. they also have waffles, and they'll happily whip you up some fresh cream ! there is a lot of everything and therefore it's difficult to walk away feeling hungry ! However, I love my cheese, ham, fish (e.g. raw salmon) and pate and I have to say that the quality and selection were very poor indeed. The fruit section was also poor, they need to have more choice !

One reviewer mentioned the russians being a pain. Well, I would rather have an unsociable russian than a drunk brit by my sun lounger, any day of the week ! And the slim russian girls are a far nicer sight than the ("large") ginger british girls :-)

Some people have mentioned the hills being a pain. Many people in wheelchairs would love the ability to walk, and here you have some young agile people complaining about a few steep slopes. My wife and I loved the brisk walks, even with a push chair.

Very, very friendly staff ! Especially the morning staff and the pool area staff !

This is a very new hotel and there are some small things that need "fixing", yet I'm confident that the management team will meet these challenges. Therefore we shall be back hopefully next year, I'm sure for a 5-star experience. We would love to give the pool villas a try, they look amazing !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear lukemclachlan
It was wonderful to hear that the service team in all areas made a great impression and they are delighted to know they succeed in making you feel at home. Thanks also for the feedback on Breakfast – We take the most important meal of the day very seriously and the comments on the cold section offer we would like some more specific feedback from you on if possible – please contact me on brett.wilson@accor.com .
The Second pool up at the float area was designed as a lap pool and for aquarobics and other fun activities as well as for relaxing by the pool so the design had to be functional – I am sorry it was not to your liking.
Regarding our Spa pricing, this is very much in line with the other 5 star resorts on the island and we do pride ourselves on the quality of the treatments and the surroundings – of course local vendors offer a much cheaper service and the price is reflected in that quality. We do offer various discounts on treatment at varied times of the day to try and accommodate requests of all levels. Dhatri Spa was nominated for best new spa 2013 which the team is very proud of and hopefully represents the quality and experience you pay for.
Thanks again for finishing off with such high praise for the team – We are very proud of the team and they try very hard to make sure all guests receive the attention they deserve!
I would be very happy to help design your next journey with us - please let me know when you would like to return and enjoy the brisk walks at “our beach house, your new found holiday home” - I’ll have the spa on standby to soothe the legs and the kids club ready to look after your son!
Check In. Chill Out.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I would say the hotel property itself is very good, but hotel industry is a service industry, it is very much about the people and the service. I have to say the service at Pullman during my stay was not up to the standard. One overall comment would be that I cannot see the staff are being passionate enough in what they are doing and hence the service quality is being questioned. Here are a few examples:
1. We saw the restaurant staff fell a spoon on the on the ground while she was cleaning the table (table with no one sitting by), and the staff noticed immediately and gazed at the spoon for 2 second and decide to walk away instead of picking it up. I was in the restaurant for 1.5 hour and the spoon was still on the floor when we left!
2. I saw there were some water on the floor when I enter the restaurant and no one would wipe the floor. When I leave the hotel, the water is still there!
3. When me and my wife were on the pool side, there were 1 towel on each beach chair, we would like to ask for another towel, the hotel staff give us a funny look and question "another towel?" It seems to me that I have done something wrong for asking another towel!
4. During one early morning (around 6am) of my stay, there was some sort of very noisy machinare sound kept banging. how can a 5* hotel let this happen in the early morning! Then I have called the front desk and they resolved it within 15min which was good. However, you staff said she will get back to me about cause when she know what happened and she never get back even the next day.
5. I have never agreed to enroll to the loyal programe, but somehow I was enrolled when check-in the hotel, No one explain about the program or tell me that I am going to be enrolled the program. I don't mind to enroll the program, but at least I should know before hand.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear desssssss

Many Thanks for posting your review. We welcome guest’s comments and feedback as we continually seek ways to evolve our levels of service and guest experiences. Please allow me to apologize the for the disappointment you felt regarding our service standard during your stay. I have spoken personally with our teams regarding the level of attention and our core vision of being recognised as a resort “Guests Love” which they have not lived up to on this occasion. I believe they have taken onboard the feedback as a constructive criticism to help. There is no reason for us to be inattentive.

I would be delighted to hear from you directly on brett.wilson@accor.com to be able to invite you back at any time to enjoy service that matches the beauty that surrounds.

Check In. Chill Out.

Brett Wilson

Been to Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach? Share your experiences!