“Great place for relaxation” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22/2 Moo 4 | Sakoo, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Thalang District
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Great place for relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at the Pullman Phuket Arcadia with my girlfriend and had a great time there. I was upgraded to a deluxe ocean view room. The room was huge and it was all very tastefully decorated. We especially loved the design of the ceiling of the room. It gives the room a very spacious feel. The bed was huge and comfy though I found the pillows a little too hard for my liking. That's just my personal opinion though. The views from the room was breathtaking to say the least. I encountered none of the mosquito problems which could be seen in previous reviews. I believe the hotel's management had done a great job in solving this problem. Food at the hotel was good and very reasonably priced. Especially loved the italian restaurant for it's great ambience and the awesome view of the ocean. Though I was quite disappointed that it rained quite heavily on the day I had dinner there and so didn't manage to catch the sunset there. There are also a hand full of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel if you wanted to have something else to eat. The quality of service provided by the staff was exceptional. The staff were always there to help with a smile and a member of the management even welcomed us and had a chat with us upon checking in, telling us about the best places to go to around the area. I would like to make a special shout out to the bartender Chai at the pool bar and one of the tuk tuk drivers whom I did not manage to catch his name. They always made us feel so welcomed and greeted us with a great smile. I would love to give the hotel a 5 star rating, however, I faced some small issues during my stay which prevented me from doing so. Firstly, perhaps due to the hotel being in the soft opening stage, there wasn't a complete telephone directory or sufficient information of the hotel facilities provided in the room. It would be good to show the opening hours of the various facilities and maybe include the price list for the spa in the hotel directory. Next, I wanted to order room service at around 11pm on one of the days, however, my call was unanswered. I tried calling the concierge again a few more times later and it was still unanswered. Thirdly the rainshower in my toilet did not work. This did not pose much of a problem for me I wasn't intending to use it. However, I feel that it is important that everything in the room should be in a working condition. Finally, the beach access might be a little bit dangerous during high tides but I guess this is by no means the fault of the hotel as it seems like they have yet to gain approval to build anything on the beach. In fact, crossing from the beach access stairs to the beach was quite an interesting experience for me. I am sure that once these kinks are ironed out, the Pullman Phuket will be an awesome place to stay in and I will definitely be looking forward to visiting the hotel again. Thanks for the great memories that i've had during my stay!
PS: A recommendation to the management, it would be great to have a small bar set up at the sunset deck. Imagine how nice it would be to enjoy the brilliant sunset with a glass of wine in your hands and your loved ones by your side!

Room Tip: Get an Ocean view room. Block 19 is awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear bkba090
Many thanks for posting the review- it was great to hear you enjoyed the break. Our rooms have been designed to have a real beach house feel that sets the mood. The Italian restaurant is proving a big hit and we are very proud of Flavio our Italian Master Chef.
Regarding your calls not being answered I have investigated and found the team had not redirected the phone correctly – we have fixed this issue and thanks for highlighting it to us. For the beach access we are working with the local authorities as the beach is not our land so we have to stop at the boundary at present.
You will be pleased to know we have ordered a glow bar for the sundeck which is due in July and will launching a concept called “Shucked at Sunset” which will feature Freshly shucked oysters or prawns together with fine wine & sparkling. This is now available in C-bar but will be moved to the deck area soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back to “our beach house, your new found holiday home” – Sunset and cocktails await!
Check in Chill out
Brett Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at Pullman Arcadia Phuket in June 2013 with my family of 2A and 2kids (aged 5 and 7 years old). This is a very serene resort and it will be suitable for families or couples who enjoyed the peacefulness and away from the crowd. The nation beach is also a pretty quiet beach, no hassling of vendors, just close to nature.

We stay in a ocean view room (blk 3) which offers the best view and is close to everything, the pool, lobby and beach). The view from the room and lobby are awesome. The room is spacious, clean and the beds are so comfy. All of us slept very well during our stay.

As we are travelling with 2 small kids, I was quite concerned on the mosquitos issue. To be very frank, we were bitten by some mosquitos during our stay but only at the lobby area. The rooms are ok despite us leaving the balcony door open during the day time. On the whole, the management has done a very good job in keeping the mosquitos at bay except room for improvement at the lobby areas. The staff do not have very good command of English but overall experience with the staff was great. They understood what we need and the room service was prompt. We get to know a young and diligent chap known as Tim at the reception area and I must say his spoken English is good and he is very helpful.

We ate at Vero restaurant and the price that they charged is pretty reasonable considering the nice ambience (nice view of the Andaman sea) and the wood fired pizzas. We paid around THB 1700 nett for 2 pizzas (about 8 large pieces for each pizza), 1 lasagne and 1 spaghetti. The food is tasty and they serve hot and tasty breads to go with olive oil. Yummy. The breakfast spread is extensive and I think they changed some hot dishes which we appreciated.

The distance from the main buzz of the city (patong town) was also not unbearingly long. It took about 30 to 45 mins depending on traffic from Pullman to reach Patong town. Our driver took the route along the hills and mountains and I must say the drive is very scenic along the way. We pass by many beaches like Surin, Kamala, etc...

I would grade our overall stay at Pullman 99% with 1% to improve on the mozzie issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tay S
Great to read your review – thanks for the 5 out of 5 rating! The location of the resort overlooking one of the best beaches in Phuket certainly provides you with a lovely break away from the world. Appreciate your comments on the Italian restaurant, Vero and breakfast and I have passed them on to our culinary team – they are very happy to be recognized as they are very conscious of providing value for money – good to know we have hit the spot.
As for the 1% with mosquitos - we have a very thorough insect control program which certainly ensures we have the rooms under control , naturally with such a large area we can’t guarantee that mosquitos are eradicated from all locations, we do provide mosquito repellant at all our restaurants and outdoor areas to ensure that any annoying bites are kept to a minimum!
I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future to enjoy the views and beach. Please let me know directly if there is anything I can prepare for your next visit on brett.wilson@accor.com

Check in Chill out

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had a awesome stay in pullman phuket arcadia! The resort upgraded my room a ocean view room. The room had a beautiful view of the ocean from the room. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was huge and really comfortable. The service from the staff was very good. The spread for the breakfast was very good as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Pullman is a package deal of good food, great pool, stunning rooms and a very courteous staff!

15 minute drive from the Phuket airport, Pullman is nestled close to the Naithon beach. The experience is fabulous from the time you set foot on the property; prompt staff attendance & welcome drinks begin your holiday!

Since the rooms are situated on a height, the hotel ensures to keep tuk-tuks for traveling within the property and a drop van to go to the beach.

The pool (read infinity pool) is simply heavenly with a view of the beach and a nice bar few steps away. Two options for meals - restaurant for buffet meals and italian fine dining on the next level - are amazing and enjoyable. (Tip: at the fine dining italian restaurant, be open to experiment with the menu).

This is an amazing property for a relaxed vacation - far away from any hustle bustle of the city and people! Just enjoy and definitely book a stay at Pullman.

(Tip: if ur an Accor member, then pls check all terms & conditions clearly; as in-room dining doesnt
include member benefits)

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our first trip to Thailand was amazing! A god gift to mankind! Pullman Arcadia at Nathion Beach is just beautiful!

A hotel which still has to open its doors in true light is an oasis in the most picturesque part of the Naithon Beach.

Surrounded by hills from the sides the hotel is situated in the most stunning location.

Nature lovers and families who would like to break free from the crowd and stay at quaint place would love the property.

The soft spoken, warm and caring attitude of the staff across all levels will blow you away. Food at their Italian restaurant is good however for vegetarian the options are limited. I would request if the management could look into the aspect.

Our room view from 1701 overlooking the waters is simply breathtaking and would like to sincerely thank the management for giving us a wonderful time.

Wishing the management all the very best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Adaariv

Thank you for your 5 star rating and many thanks for sharing you experience with us. We are, as you say, yet to fully open but we have taken every measure to ensure that the resort is the oasis you obviously found it to be!

Thanks for taking the time to highlight our staff , I have passed on your comments and they are delighted to hear their efforts to help guests relax are paying off.

I also take note of your feedback on the Italian restaurant menu and we will have a look at expanding the current 6 vegetarian options – If you have any specific choices please let me know directly on brett.wilson@accor.com

We would be delighted to have you return to "Our beach house, Your holiday home" soon!

Check in chill out

Macau, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The service in Pullman is excellent, only the location is far away from the crowd. If you were going Pullman from Patong or other beaches but not the airport, I highly recommend you go there through the highway 402 but not the hill road.

The wonderful view from the rooms either the Ocean view room or the Pool Villa. It gives us the unforgettable stay in Pullman and Phuket!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear NaquioN

Thanks for posting the review – I am delighted that you enjoyed the break with us.

With regard to driving directions the following is the best route from Phuket International airport. Turn right and head south on route 4031, then turn right again on to route 4018, the hotel is located at the northern headland of Naithon beach.The hotel can arrange private limosuine transfer or alternatively local taxis are available. For those more venturous the Ocean Rd is a beautiful scenic drive but as you say has a lot hills.

Look forward to welcome you back to " Our Beach House Your Holiday Home" and if you need any more information let me know directly on brett.wilson@accor.com

Check In. Chill Out.

Hope Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

If YOU need... R & R, friendly, helpful service, chill out time, amazing views, top food and wines, HUGE beds, fantastic rooms......and then some...come on to the Pullman Arcadia Phuket......we recently enjoyed all of the above, as well as the most incredible welcome and service from the the Hotel pick up at the Airport, to our departure... Congratulations and thank you to all concerned.... Well done GM Brett.... your cocktail evenings in the C Bar were great, your hospitality Mr GM was surperb and all of this with the stunniing, panoramic view of Naithon Beach and the Adaman Sea....and the sunsets!.....aaaaahhhh!
We would also mention Khun Sao & Khun Moo (Miss Meet & Greet) for your fun and endearing personalities.
The options available daily were good and the Staff in reception and help desk were full of different ideas and things to do, from Thai cooking classes to Tai Ci in the pool, water aerobics, yoga and spa massages..all good for the soul! Thanks Khun Bao & Khun Na
We witnessed the most amazing scene of branch lopping done with the most primitive engineering ever.....all over in 20 mins and in no way interefering with pool relaxers whatsoever.......a masterfull feat agreed by all ..thanks Management for caring about our safety......Brilliant.... well done!
The uniforms were relaxed, stylish and added to the overall atmosphere and ambience of the Hotel.
The Tuk-Tuks to and from your room, also to the beach and village were all accompanied by a willing, cheerful driver
All restaurants were amazing in their own right, Elements in the mornings for breakfast and lunch ........while the stunning Vero in the evenings is a MUST..congrats Chef Flavio
"CHECK IN ~ CHILL OUT"................it's Heaven on a stick !
Gwennie & Dick

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach? Share your experiences!