“Nice place on side of a hill.” 4 of 5 stars

Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22/2 Moo 4 | Sakoo, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Thalang District
Cleveland, Australia
“Nice place on side of a hill.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights . Nice hotel on the side of a hill .Shame the resort is not yet entirely finnished. Service was excellent as was the food.Biggest complaint about this place is the fairly long walk uphill to the rooms and constant battle with the resort vehicles that use the only road that guests also have to use to go to and from the resort pool and restaurant. Also beware the many holes or gaps along the side of the road that are a danger if you fall into one . I fell down a drain grate at night near my villa becuase a metal bar was missing , luckily i was not injured but hate to think if an elderly person fell down same. (it was about a 3 ft drop) The staff who gave me a lift to my villa was very apologetic and helpful but this dangerous grate was still not rectified up until i left the resort.
This resort will be very nice when it is completed but in my personal opinion i would not stay here again because of the long walks up and down the hills to the rooms and unfortunately the main beach close to this resort is very nice but the main STREET that runs parallel to it is disgusting . It is strewn with rubbish bags along the footpath and rubbish scattered everywhere some rubbish bags busted open and the smell is terrible. because of this we would definately not eat at any of the beach side eateries and or the street restaurants,probably the filthiest beach STREET we have seen in phuket. Why the Pullman chain would build a beautiful resort here is beyond me .But of course this is in no way any fault of the resort, hopefully the local authority will clean up this third world appalling mess of a street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Chris K,

Thank you for your overall positive review of 4 stars. Guest feedback is important to us and we take every guests comments as an opportunity to help create our vision of a "New Attitude Hotel Guest Love".

For this reason I would like to respond to some of your comments. The hotel headland site allows for amazing views from most of the rooms but to create this there are some areas where the paths are at 45 degrees. To ensure guest satisfaction we have guest Tuk Tuks that can take you from your door step to the lobby and we are working with our owner to implement some more vehicles.

Naithon beach is considered one of the best kept secrets on the island as it is not overcrowded and unspolit. I would agree that with international guests now attracted to this area their is an expectation of cleanliness levels on the streets and the hotel is taking great pride in being at the forefront, along with a number of other local businesses, to help the local authority beautify this area to match the beach. This project is in its infancy but I hope it will be a great success moving forward.

I hope you do take the opportunity to come back to Pullman Phuket in the future and I will ensure you are located in an area that is close to the main building so the long walks are removed. We have also just opened our direct beach access which means you dont have to walk along the street area.

Brett Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed when the hotel was in soft opening with some facilities still being constructed. Dispite this, our stay was fantastic and relaxing. Buffet breakfast had a good selection, the Italian restaurant served excellent authentic Itali an fooed. We booked a hotel car pickup which was convenient and efficient with the hotel rep & driver greeting us at the airport. Check in was efficient as we were seatedin the lobby with welcome drinks overlooking the absolutely breathless views of the ocean from the open plan hotel reception. Service in the hotel was friendly and attentive as you would generally receive as part of thai hospitality.. Sea the front desk mgr was always helpful with a smile as with all her staff, and hotel guests were entertained daily by the wonderfull Patricia a talented singer with exceptional voice. One feedback for the hotel is to enforce t
what i was advised by front desk after the evnet, the no smoking policy at the pool which was uncomfortable for other quest and in particular small children. Pool staff ignored smoking quest allowing them to ruin the experience for others.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was a good trip actually. The hotel is located on the top hill, so we have very nice view during stay, and also nice view for breakfast
They have direct access to the beach but it is still under contraction, so we have to walk about 10 mins to the beach... the beach is so quiet and nice..

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for a multiple night stay for my honeymoon because the website made the hotel look very beautiful. But I was quite disappointed with our stay. I wish I had chosen a resort in a less isolated location that had better service and less mosquitoes, bugs and frogs.

INCOMPLETE - The hotel is brand new. However, it is not yet complete. There is only one pool open although it is a nice one. There is one mediocre, expensive Italian restaurant. There also is another recently open restaurant with bad, overpriced Thai food. Many rooms, including the gym and kids room, are tiny because they are only in temporary spaces and have limited hours.

MOSQUITOES AND FROGS - The hotel is on the side of a heavily forested hill. The resort has lots of mosquitoes and noisy frogs. Many of the rooms are up high in the hillside, a bit of a walk from the main resort. It can be a scary walk at night with the loud sound of frogs and dark winding paths. Housekeeping left the door to my room wide open each time they cleaned, letting in tons of flying insects. . When I asked the front desk to have housekeeping keep the door closed when they clean, they either didn't understand or didn't want to do it. As a result, I came back to a room with many bugs the very next day after making the request.

SHOWER - The shower, even though brand new, is already looking tired. There is brown mold throughout the bottom of the shower, likely because the shower was designed badly and lets lots of water spill out throughout the bathroom after each use. The shower also plugs up easily and it takes over an hour to get someone to come fix it.

ISOLATED - Most of all, the resort is very isolated. It is on Naithon Beach, which is only a 10 min ride from the airport, but it is an expensive 500 THB unmetered cab ride one way from the airport. Don't even try getting a metered cab, as they do not seem to exist. It is over 1,000 THB one way to many other cities. The very few restaurants around the resort are hard to get to because there are no sidewalks in this little town and most of the restaurants are just tourist traps.

SERVICE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT - The staff definitely do not go out of their way to make your stay great. Some staff seem like you are burdening them if you ask for anything. There are also very few activities outside of the pool and bar. The resort really needs to develop the menu of activities given how isolated the resort is. Housekeeping also needs to replenish bathroom products when they clean and give more than two towels. And don't expect many special honeymoon touches as the resort doesn't do much.

POSITIVE NOTES - The breakfast buffet is excellent with a lot of variety and fresh fruit smoothies and multiple made-to-order food stations. It was the highlight of staying at the resort. Five nights a week they have an acoustic guitar playing singer who has a beautiful voice and is happy to take requests for songs. We really enjoyed her singing. The design of the lobby and open bar area is also lovely. The resort has potential, but there are a lot of improvements needed to make it worth the money and time to go here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the lobby and the ocean. The "300" building has less expensive r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Lavender888,

Firstly let me begin by apologising. Our goal is to create an experience guests love and on this occassion we let you down, particuarly being your honeymoon which is a very special time.

I would prefer to discuss your comments directly with you via email or phone and would be grateful if you contact me brett.wilson@accor.com, so I may have the opportunity to turn your negative memory in to something more positive.

I would like to comment on the mosquitoes as it is something we are working very hard on to ensure all guests feel comfortable in the hotel. As you rightfully point out we are in a tropical rainforest which is part of the beauty of this resort but it does add an element of nature that not all guest enjoy. Currently our pest control company is onsite twice a week which we have now increased to 3 time per week after your comments. In guest rooms we have an electric repellent for indoors, an outside coil for the outdoor balcony and a spray-on mosquitoe repellent for when you are walking around the resort which is complimentary . We have now decided to add a small can of Lavender scented insect spray to help with guest comfort.

I can only hope you will contact me and I appreciate your comments as it is through the eyes of our guest that we become aware of situations that could go unnoticed and therefore uncorrected and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

HK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Really want to know when will the the formal opening of the hotel!!! When will be the spa, fitness centre and 3 pools ready? I really want to be back again in June if all its facilities are well prepared. Close to airport, beautiful view and comfortable room. However, facilities are not well prepared.

Dear Hoho214,

Gald to here that you really want to come back in June and I really want you to come back as well.

Based on the construction team and Project Manager timelines we expect tofully complete the project by the end of June. We have taken every possible measure to ensure our guest enjoying their stay with us during teh soft opening phase.

Can I suggest you cintact me personally brett.wilson@accor.com when you are decising to make your next booking with us and I will give you as much information as I can so tyhat you can make the best possible decision for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to "Our Beach House Your Holiday Home" in June

Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This brand new Pullman is located on a hill in a what was considered as a forest reserve, creating problems with the National Parks Dept and explaining partially the openings delay. The contempory thai architecture with its refined design and relaxing shades in grey / olive is very successful but the resort is not finished yet and there is much to be done to make the whole property flawless, in particular the gardens and the fountains where a brown water is now stagnating. The rooms are disseminated in several buildings ( some still in construction ) and depending of the type of the room, you have 2 or 3 steep inclines to climb from the lobby. However you have the possibility to order a tuk-tuk if you are loaded or not very sporty.
Lobby: beautiful open space with terrific view on the sea. I liked the design much.
Room: I stayed in a Grand Ocean room located in a small storey building housing 4 rooms, just over the Pool Villas. Enough space altough the huge bed occupies the center of the room. Nice balcony with stunning view. Very quiet, a real beautiful and peaceful place for the eyes and the soul. At night you only hear the song of crickets and frogs (!) The rest is quiet conventional with Nespresso machine, iron station, safe, mini-bar, big-screen TV, large bathroom with separate shower / bathtub / toilets. Nothing missed except the Ipod deck and the DVD player. Excellent free Wi-Fi.
Breakfast: good choice of hot/ cold dishes and fruits, croissants, home made yogourths, but did not vary much in the period of my stay.
Pool: splendid with amazing view on the beach and the sea, but can get crowdy and noisy sometimes ( children's cries and tears ). The shower is still not installed and the people are going to bath covered with their sweat and suncreen...
Spa: not tested as not opened.
Fitness: not finished yet, just a tiny room with 2 machines as temporary fitness. I left my sport clothes in the suitcase...
Beach: access trough a steep thai-foot shaped staircase. Not finished yet, but you can use the free hotel shuttle. This beautiful sandy beach is no more that one you can see on old pictures. Now there are sunbeds all along and a population mainly composed of Russian tourists ( 90 % ). However, only 50%, sometimes 30% of the sunbeds were occupied. The sea can be dangerous for children because of the big waves and the steep descent into the sea.
I lIKED: 1) the stylish and elegant atmosphere.2) The view from the bed in Grand Ocean room, just incredible when I woke up.3) The drinks in the lobby bar at the sunset.4) The infinity pool.5) The quiet location.
I DISLIKED: 1) Reception: the lack of professionalism from the reception staff, due to a the lack of English skills ( with some exceptions ) and to a lack of communication between the members of the staff. One says one thing, the other the opposite. Nobody was waiting for me at the airport trough a booked limousine transfer. I never got any explanation for this during my stay.2) Room : the too hot duvet, more appropriate for swiss mountains.3) Pool: the sunbeds are packed together, no intimacy. Sometimes loud. 4) Breakfast: „fresh“ juices aren’t really fresh but with chemical taste. Not enough cuttery: you must use the same knife and the same fork during your entire brekfast because the waiters dont remove them. Or you must ask every time to change or wipe the cuttery by yourself. 5) Mosquitoes: there are a lot and everywhere after 6pm. The electronic repellent provided by the hotel in the room is completely inefficient as well as my 2 repellent devices I bought in Bangkok. Only a good DEET spray worked. 6) Le Club Accor members : no special attention or care, no personalised welcome or drinks vouchers such I got in others hotels according to my Platinum status.

In summary, a good place to stay as a couple or as a group once the construction achieved. But only for short relaxing holidays, since there are nothing to do in the surroundings. I felt rested and bored after 1 week. The Grand Ocean rooms are my favorite, and the best value for money contrary to the Pool Villas who are a bit overpriced I think ( for that price, better go to Bang Tao ).

Dont forget a good book, some DVD’s and an efficient DEET spray.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the Grand Ocean Rooms located in buildings 15, 16 and 17
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear EtansGeneva,

Thank you for taking the time to write and rating our resort a classy. We value our guest comments as they help us achieve our vision of creating a New Attitude hotel Guest Love.

I take onboard your comments with regard to your dislikes and have also spoken with each team individually to find solutions to your comments.

The front office team have agreed to take more English lessons to ensure they get better at a second language and to ensure there is no miscommunication. We have also changed the way we handle our limo transfers.

As our rooms are air-conditioned we slected a duvet that allows guest to feel comfortable when sleeping. We are in the process of spreading our sunbeds out so it feels more private and the Chef is now looking at some different suppliers for Juices as we pride ourselves on breakfast.

As a Le Club Platinum member I apoligise you did not get your complimentary drink but I promise you, I have a cocktail with your name on it waiting for you when you are next in Phuket.

Check In. Chill Out.

kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked the Grand Ocean room through Agoda but they fail to inform you that the hotel is still in 'soft opening' phase. As a result the grounds are still being landscaped and services like fitness centre and spa are out of service. However the hotel does compensate for this by providing access to a neighbouring hotels gym and offering spa services in the comfort of your room. The therapists were brilliant and went a long way to making up for some of the rough edges of a soft opening.

We did complain to Agoda as their website was very misleading as they fail to notify you that the hotel is in a soft opening. Therefore in the room we were initially in, you could here some construction noise. The duty manager Sandra recognized this and helped us find a better room a little more removed from the hustle and bustle of the landscaping and with a better view.

The food was great, the service was always with a smile...sometimes literally (Our waitress was called Smile).

The views are wonderful. The pool overlooks onto the beach. There are great chill out spots where you can enjoy happy hour whilst watching the sunset.

Overall the hotel was beautiful and relaxing. The staff were great and they really did make you feel at home. I would definitely recommend a stay here. Once it's fully complete it will be an even better hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Chetnab,

Firstly thank you for your giving us a 5 star rating. I would like to apologise that you wer not informed as we have tried as much as possible to let our business partner know we are in our soft opening phase.

I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay with us was as expected and you can be assured I will pass on you comments to our spa team, Sandra & Smile for living our vision of creating an experience Guests Love.

We look forward to welcoming you back to "Our Beach House Your Holiday Home" in the near future and I thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Check In. Chill Out

Brett Wilson

Been to Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach? Share your experiences!