“Derelict but still charging full price. Full price for spectators.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Jungle Waterpark

Splash Jungle Waterpark
65 Moo 4 Mai khao Soi 4, Phuket 83110 , Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water Parks
Attraction Details
Rochester
“Derelict but still charging full price. Full price for spectators.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Ok so I came her with my girlfriend and our son. My girlfriend was not going to swim as she had an ear infection. She was told she could not enter the park even as a spectator without paying full price, little bit annoyed at this point as I thought the prices were extremely steep as it was.

So you'd think paying full price for all three that the maintenance would be on top of? Think again, the children's adventure area totally out of use, and the spring totally out of bounds. I can understand that certain areas may go through maintenance from time to time, but to still charge full price? So my poor soon who already had half of a water park to use decided he wanted to use the flumes, he is 4 and a very strong swimmer and going on with me. Oh no, because he is under 1.1 metres he cannot go on any flume, even with me! So why pay full price remind me! We ended up with just a handful of things that he could use whilst my girlfriend sat in the cafe and watched. May I add that in the area that we were allowed to use, the two water guns weren't working either. A rubbish experience, I've never seen so many plasters floating around. And don't even bother trying to ask for a manager, you just get pushed from pillar to post until the supervisor tells me that it won't matter if I get the manager. There's nothing they can do. As for prices in line with other attractions, well I could understand that I the park was 100%.

Visited September 2013
Martin C, Water Park Operation manager at Splash Jungle Waterpark, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear James,

We're very sorry to hear that your time spent at Splash Jungle wasn't up to your standards.

From what you've reported, it wasn't up to OUR standards either.

Our apologies for the sub-par service you received, and our thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Of course, we will address this issue with our employees.

We effectively had 2 of our attractions that were closed and we will in the future put a convenient price when some of our attractions are out of service.

I have taken all your comments in consideration and will discuss every single one of them with my team.

Again thank you for your comments and I sure hope you will give us a second chance in the future and please contact me directly for any further assistance. I will take care of you personally. email: martinco@chr.co.th

Warmest regards,

• Thai first
Sydney
3 attraction reviews
“Revolting, rundown, unhygienic - avoid avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here last week and am still shivering and retching. This place should be called Splash Band Aid Waterpark. Soooooo many band aids floating in the water and stuck to the ground. The water stinks of pee and is probably 10 parts water 90 parts pee. Altho l should expect that at a public water park but this coupled with the barren concrete as you walk in, about 5 lounge chairs for the whole place and the disgusting changerooms l am traumatised.

They thoroughly search your bags as you enter as they dont allow your own food, or you have to pay an additional 1000BHT if you want to bring in your own food. We were only allowed water as we had young kids and l told them it was medicinal.

Half of the place is being bulldozed so is noisy. The whole place is run down, they are happy to take your $AUD220 for 3 adults and 3 kids but they certainly dont pump that money back in to the place. The once blue bottom of the kids pool is now bare grey concrete, where, indicently l stood on a large piece of metal with a sharp bolt sticking up that was floating around the bottom of the kids pool. Staff were totally unconcerned. The rope and rigging on the kids jungle jim is rotten and green and slimy making it dangerous as well as unhygenic.

IF and l mean only IF you MUST go, then make sure you take tons of detol to disinfect yourself afterwards and those closed in water shoes are a must. The ground is just too revolting to walk on.

Such a waste of money and valuable time - there are PLENTY of better things you could do in Phuket. Avoid this place at all costs!

Visited August 2013
Martin C, Water Park Operation Manager at Splash Jungle Waterpark, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Phuket On behalf of the entire Water Park, I would like to thank you for coming to splash Jungle and for sharing your comments.

We take all guest feedback very seriously and it truly means a lot to all of us when you share with us.

We are very sorry that you did not get a splash-tastic first impression of our Water Park.

As I am sure you saw that they were many staff in blue painting and refreshing our water park during your visit. We are taking care of the image of the water park as well as the maintenance of the slides. We do have an Audit every 3 months and everything is more than up to standard and in perfect working condition.

This also why We closed a part of the Kids playpool for the month of September.

However, My Lifeguards are cleaning the park every morning you can be assure that their is no Band aid anywhere in the water. The Water Controle is done 3 times per day and the the water quality is excellent.

I fully understand that some guests might think that the pricing is too high, however please keep in mind that Phuket compared to the rest of Thailand is more expensive and we are in line with all other major attractions on the Island, e.g.: Phuket Fantasea, Boat Tours even half days to Phi Phi etc.

Again thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back.
With Best Wishes from the Island.

3 attraction reviews
“worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

its a not a big fancey park but it does have plenty of slides and pools for kids well kept and clean , a lil pricey but it worth the visit

Visited August 2013
Martin C, Water Park Operation Manager at Splash Jungle Waterpark, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Ryo,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at the Splash Jungle Waterpark!

Our goal is to create a high-quality, appropriately valued venue for family entertainment for people of all ages, and we’re pleased to hear that your entire party enjoyed their time.

We would be please to have you again in the future!

Warmest Regards,

Muscat
“Great little water park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Jungle Splash is a super, complete waterpark and was great for us as a family with two boys aged 8 and 11. It is much smaller than the parks in the Middle East such as Wild Wadi/Atlantis/Yas Island but nevertheless had enough to keep us entertained for a day. It has a wave pool/lazy river/about 6 decent slides, two of those have to be 122cms tall , a smaller 'sinbad' type area with smaller slides, buckets etc. Food and drink cannot be taken in, quality and price inside for those is average and what you would expect. Towels you can hire. Don t know the cost to get in as we deliberately stayed at the hotel that it is in the grounds of for two nights, Centara West Sands Phuket, as admission was included. Would recommend for a visit

Dear Wad4,

Greetings from Sunny Phuket.

What a great Idea to stay at the hotel and enjoy the water park for free (Included in your stay at Centara Grand west sand Resort and villas).

As you well said, there are other Bigger water park in UEA or anywhere else in the world. We would never pretend that we have the biggest or the most fantastic one but we are proud of it and it is the Best one that we have on Phuket! Splash Jungle has everything in it and you are right. There is something for everyone or any age group. We are working hard to make of your day the best it can be!

Thank you again for this nice review.

Hoping to see you soon again.

Warmest regards,

Phi Phi
8 attraction reviews
“Loads of fun, but you have to work for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

They have some really great slides, but you had to carry the tubes 82 steps everytime before you could do the rides. My 9 year old daugther thought it was heavy.

They also had double tubes for 2 people, they were, no surprise, even heavier.

All in all a nice place, some fun slides and a great time.

Check in at next door hotel and get entrance for free. Pretty good deal.

Only bad thing was all the rude and crazy Russians. I was suprised that so many different people at the same spot could be so rude and so not smiling.

Dear Maria
Thank you for leaving this nice review. We strive to hold our food and entertainment at Splash Jungle Water Park to highest standard that we can offer to our valuable guests and appreciate your positive feedback!
I do understand that a tube as big as the one we have can be hard to transport all the way up to the last floor our our Slide tower for a 9 years old girl but what a thrill when you go down. It is all worth it!!

Thank you.