“they provide Leftover for Breakfast!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas

You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   142/3 Moo 6, Laguna Village | Cherngtalay, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
THB9,099 (THB)
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Thalang District
4.5 of 5 stars 368 Reviews
Hong Kong
“they provide Leftover for Breakfast!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I just came back from staying there and had a very bad experience about their breaksfast offered.

I was staying at the 1 bedroom suite and my other 12 friends were all staying at the 3 bedroom villa and 2 bedroom villa. My travel agent advised me that my room includes " daily breaksfast" but in fact when i arrived at the front desk, i was just told that there are two kind of breaksfasts offered indeed - Intercontienntal and American style. My 1 bedroom suite only cover intercontienntal (room delivery one) and other friends of mine got the American ( which is the buffet style). I was feeling okay at first as I expected the breaksfast should be delievered every morning with fresh bread and fruits like all other 5 star hotels do.

However, the next morning i would like to call for the delivery but the opertaor told me this so called "Intercontienntal breakfast" is already in your fridge. I was like "what?", then I opened my fridge and actually i see some "leftover" look alike breaks meaning that the hotel sent the breads and fruits to your fridge the evening before. Plus, you need to heat up everything by yourself. This is such a horrible experience i have never had, i.e. frozen bread ? Am i staying in 5 star resort? and i called up the duty manager and being told "Sorry, this is our STYLE".

I was so frustrated about their answer and obviously they did not treat us like valuable guests. I also express feedback to the hotel manager and got reply the other day from their GM stating " Thank you for your feedback and we will endeavour to improve our shortcomings", this is such a non-sincere reply.

I will not recommend to all of my friends going to this villa anymore. There are so many nice 5 star resorts around and why we need to stay one which offers frozen bread or even left over, radiculous!

Room Tip: simply just do not pick this one, pick another resort
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
GMTLP, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear H M,
I am disappointed you have decided to incorrectly report your experience. As we discussed Continental Breakfast is delivered fresh every day. If a guest has Continental Breakfast in their package, it is placed in their suite/villa fridge the night prior for the convenience ie those with early check out, taking early departure day trips or simply want breakfast at their leisure.
The bread and the pastries can be eaten as is, or warmed in your oven/toaster. The cereal, juice, milk etc are best served cold.
When you first raised this issue our Duty Manager offered morning delivery or a complimentary upgrade to full American breakfast which you readily accepted. Upon check out, our Rooms Division Manager also assisted with your complaint and need for further compensation. I contacted you as well to thank you for your feedback and we had considerable correspondence.
Again I am sorry that your continental breakfast was in your fridge on your first night and that it upset you this extent.
Darren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Beautiful resort, excellent value, great food, helpful staff, well appointed gym. Getting around not a problem; transport around the island proved to be very cheap, at least by Australian standards. Basic groceries available from Canal Village, which is a 15 minute bus ride away (buses run every half hour and collect you from your doorstep). Nothing but praise!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thanks John B for your feedback and I hope to see you again!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa with our family - including our 3 sons, aged 12, 10 and 3. The 4 bedroom villa is huge, and we never felt like we were overcrowded!! The master bedroom is upstairs, which my husband and I gracefully gave our parents. However, we were just as happy with the downstairs bedroom, with a sliding door direct to the amazing swimming pool. We also choose to stay in the room as I was quite nervous about my 3 year old accessing the pool (no fence) whilst we were asleep. I also used to slide the coffee table in front of the door leading from lounge room, to make it impossible for him to get out there without my hearing! Maybe over cautious, but it allowed me to sleep. The pool is huge - 9 metres by 3 metres. It has a shallow end closer to the house and a beautiful sala at the other end which we spent alot of time lounging in.

The kitchen and laundry were handy too. We didn't really do any cooking in the kitchen, but it was great to have snacks and store our own drinks and goodies to have during the day. The laundry was a bonus to wash the clothes of the kids.

We loved the bikes which we used to get to breakfast every morning. Breakfast was good, not alot of variety but enough choices to please us. It was lovely to let the kids swim at the pool whilst we ate and enjoyed a peaceful morning coffee.

Yes, the resort is a little far from the heart of the laguna village and waiting for the shuttle was sometimes annoying, but after a few days we had a good routine going and we learned to love the whole shuttle bus experience.

We also used some of the surrounding hotel's pools, Hotel Laguna had a great water park area for the kids.

Layan beach was beautiful, and we often walked from this beach down to the heart of the Laguna area. Probably a good 15 - 20 minute walk.

The hotel's car service - although a little pricey was very clean and the driver's were lovely.

If you are travelling with multiple families this is a great option.

Room Tip: If you can afford it splash out and get a 4 bedroom - the private pool is worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Sawasdee burleyboys,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I enjoyed reading the wonderful aspects of your stay. Some interesting points made that I have taken note of. For future stays please note we do have toddler mobile gates available and also we have placed high locks in most Villas that assists with little ones trying to escape!
Let us know if we can assist further next time?
Bundaberg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I (and 5 of my sisters/friends) have just returned from an eight night stay at Outrigger Laguna. What can I say! The resort complex is immaculate, the staff are amazing so friendly and accomodating, the breakfast was perfect and our villa was just suberb.

Our highlights included:
- the well equiped fitness centre complete with ipod preloaded with workout tempo music
- breakfast (what a spread) love those fruit shooters and the waffles yummo!
- the waterfall showers at the resort pool (it's the little things!)
- Villa with private plunge pool, this was total bliss
- the beds and bedding (oh yes) the mattress was a home away from home, the feather pillows were incredible and the doona was just so cozy (where do I buy one from!)

Regarding the accommodation and resort there is very little I would change (perhaps refrigerate the main resort pool?).

My only complaint is that the resort is just too far away from the beach, shopping, nightlife - everything really, which is a real shame, because otherwise it would be perfection plus.

Many thanks to all the staff for making our holiday great, especially "Sandee" our driver who shared his fantastic english, humor and local (food) knowledge with us. Chan chop Sandee!

Sawasdee Fayster,
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your great comments and I am sure the team will appreciate reading your thoughts. I note your comment about the need for further information for shopping and night life and we will endeavour to provide more suggestions nearby. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011 via mobile

We just returned from 9 nights at outrigger and had a great time!! We stay in a 2 bedroom villa and it was incredibly spacious!! The staff are wonderful especially San(driver) and radio (sous chef) who were so fantastic and friendly!! All the other staff are very helpful too!! The food at panache was lovely for dinner and the breakfast offered a good selection although after nine days I was happy to not eat another egg!! The gym is lovely as are the pools! The only thing lacking is shade ANYWHERE!! We have two young kids and it was way too hot to swim until late afternoon as there was no shade at all, maybe a sail even over kids pool would be nice? The other thing we were disappointed about was staff lack of knowledge about local restaurants. We got over the hotels very western food menu pretty quickly and traveling to patong with taxis for every meal got very expensive! Make sure you get taxis from outside hotel as they can be up to 300 baht cheaper than what hotel offers and ask taxi driver about local restaurants ( as hotel staff want you to eat at laguna restaurants and don't tell you) as they are cheaper and alot tastier!!

• Stayed October 2011
Sawasdee Brie,
Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback. Appreciate the nice comments on your villa, food and beverage and gym. I thought you raised several good points regarding shade and local restaurants. We do have further shade in the new reception, restaurant and bar area however do not have immediate plans for each Villa I am sorry. Your point on local restaurants information is valid and we will work on improving information to the team to share with guests. There are many great local restaurants in our area only 5 minutes away (definitely better than going to Patong for a meal!)
Hope to see you again
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

we have just returned from a 9 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa, we loved it, they are very clean, with plenty of room, we walked out of the villa and were only a couple of steps from one of the resorts swimming pools and bites eatery, the staff were wonderful and the food in the resort fantastic.

Our children aged 10 & 7 loved the kids club and wanted to keep going back and they are children who dont really like to be away from us. There was plenty for them to do. we would call for a buggy to collect us from our room to go to breakfast and it would be there generaly within 5 minutes.

We also attended a wedding there in the Chapel and it was just beautiful, the staff made the day for our friends very special, they had a baby elephant come to have photos and the children all had a ride.

The resort itself is quite and out of the way about a 30 minute drive to Patong and about 45 Minutes to Phuket, we hired a driver which was cheep and reliable his name is Kris highly recommended.

All up we had a wonderful time and really cant complain about anything.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
GMTLP, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Sawasdee kaz1602,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.
Appreciate your nice comments and I look forward to sharing with the team.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We just stayed at the Outrigger Hotel for 4 nights. The problems with the stay:

1) They charged the credit card with a deposit amount instead of just putting a hold on the credit card. And after checking out and after clearing all our bills they have still not reversed the amounts that have been charged on the card. This is absolutely unheard of and not done. As you cannot firstly charge a card when you check in and then not reimburse it. The holds are over 50,000 bhat and that is a lot of money given that we have already settled the bills

2) Receptionist extremely unfriendly and not what you would expect in a country like Thailand

3) Awful food in the restaurant as well as for room service.

4) Hotel bathrooms had no water control. Water was either too hot or too cold.

5) Miles away from everything

Only redeeming factor was that the villa itself was nice and the pool and surrounding areas were good.

Room Tip: Do not pick the 4 bedroom villas. They only have 3 bathrooms and are very inconvenient if in a large...
Sawasdee Meg304554,
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at Outrigger Laguna Resort and Villas. I am sorry you did not enjoy the service you received. I am pleased you liked the villa, the pool and surrounds. Below I have outlined a response to your comments;
1/ Resorts take a security deposit upon check in, usually by cash or credit card surety. It is calculated on the number of guests by the number of nights booked. Shortly after check out your bank will release your funds if no charges processed. Based on a 4 bdrm villa for 4 nights we would hold well below 50,000thb unless your accommodation was not prepaid. Perhaps clarify with your bank.
2/ Re our receptionists, I assume this comment is related the receptionist taking a security deposit upon check in. I agree our reception staff should handle every guest with complete care and respect at all times. Our reception team is usually regarded as very friendly and hospitable, I am sorry you found them to be unfriendly.
3/ 'Re Awful food in restaurant and room service', again sorry to hear your comments. It would be ideal if you could elaborate what was 'awful' about your dining experience, or which meal period you didn’t enjoy. I was surprised to read "that all food was awful".
4/ Thank you for your comment on the water temperature, I will follow up .
5/ “Miles away from everything”, sometimes researching your needs in a resort helps. A good travel agent can match your holiday preferences to a resort suitable to you and your friends.
Thanks again Meg for your comments. Whilst I am not sure about some of your comments, I am sorry you left disappointed. We will work harder to get it right.
Darren

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!