“A wonderful place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Sand Sun Hotel

You added Sea Sand Sun Hotel to your Saves list
Sea Sand Sun Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   182/111 Mae Rumgpheung Beach | Tapong, Rayong, Thailand   |
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Rayong
Paris, France
“A wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've spent close to a month in Sea Sand Sun and I would like to emphasize how wonderful it was. Everything I needed or could want was available. The condo was beautifully decorated and it was clean with everything, both inside and outside the condo, in great condition. Every single member of the staff was kind, made sure that my family and I had everything we wished for and greeted us with heartwarming smiles every morning! There were small family-owned grocery shops and restaurants everywhere around Sea Sand Sun, so you can just run out and get a pack of cigarettes or whatever it is you need in under 5 minutes. Getting into Rayong is very easy thanks to buses passing in front of Sea Sand Sun every few minutes, so there is no issue there! I simply did not come across trouble in any way, shape or form.

There is a very beautiful and long sandy beach just ~250 meters away from Sea Sand Sun, with great restaurants, cafés and vendors everywhere along the beach. Rayong, itself, is a joy to be in. Great food markets, a big shopping mall, a Tesco, Big C and there's even a new shopping mall being built. Lovely cafes and small noodle soup restaurants, barbecues, fruit vendors everywhere around town.

All in all, I will say that this was a fantastic and very memorable holiday, which I must add, came very affordably! I will most definitely be recommending Sea Sand Sun to my friends and acquaintances.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I Booked this knowing it was a budget accomodation, found the appartment very good, it was quiet, and not far to walk to the beach, breakfast was standard, food was a bit limited but restaurants were in walking distance. But all in all it was worth the money.

Room Tip: Hope for the best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I took from January 2014 for one year two apartments in Sea Sand Sun Condo - Resort in Rayong.

From the first day Mr. Anders Hasle Nielsen has been dealing with my requests.

Mr. Nielsen has a great English, easy to communicate with him, always disponible when I need something. I could not send email, even in the middle of the night, that in a few minutes did not get his answer.

For each thing what I asked he had immediately the solution.

I am sure that Sea Sand Sun Resort is in the right hands with this management. Mr. Nielsen and all the staff of the company (which deals with other properties also in the area) makes a great job to provide with an excellent service for their customers.

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is like the land that time forgot.you need transport after a great promise from the manager there was loads to do we done it in 2 days. She arranged a car for us only then to scam some money of me when that didn't work she told us she made a mistake on price of extra bed and tried to double it, when I said we would just check out and go some place else she said it was okay.rayong is nice great food market and shopping and the water park is great and clean cheep as we'll all in all avoid this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights in the end of August to run some errands in Rayong. The place location is secluded, although its close to the beach which is not a touristic beach. You will have a hard time going downtown rayong since there is no taxi in Rayong. Only song taew.

The room I booked was a mid size room king bed without a kitchen but equipped with microwave.

Basically it's a condo. The shower was poor with poorly equipped shower giving almost no water pressure. Wifi is not free and I was disturbed by drilling noise in the morning around 7:30 o'clock.

• Stayed August 2013
penguin tasmania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights in mid July 12th to 20th with our daughter and the room was clean and tidy.Stayed in room 705 and the shower was very poor as the water tank is on the floor above and only gravity fed.Our room was not cleaned on one occasion,was told by the staff that they forgot to do .Not happy as we were the only ones staying there.The staff could not speak very good english and hard to get our breakfast order right.We stayed again on the24th to the 28th and had the same thing again.After 5.30 pm only one security person on site and could not speak english.Had to ring the thai supervisor at home if we had any issues.Place is nice and quiet but they need to have someone there if they want guests to enjoy the overall experience.

Room Tip: close to beach and small shops.about 10 minutes by scooter to ban phe market and shops
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ban Phe, Rayong, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here in a condo with kitchen. Perfect for my longer stay. I was also so lucky i stayed in higher floor, so I could enjoy the seaview every day from my balcony. I really think value for money and I will sooner or later come back

Room Tip: Choose at least deluxe. I did see standard. Not nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Sand Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!