“Wonderful, supportive environment in a stunning setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amity Wellness

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Amity Wellness
You added Amity Wellness to your Saves list
Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 82190, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
London
“Wonderful, supportive environment in a stunning setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Amity Wellness is a recently established detox retreat on the beautiful, relatively remote island of Ko Kho Khao. Its greatest asset must surely be the truly amazing staff, closely followed by its wonderfully serene location. Under the personal capable 'hands on' management of Michelle Cooper, who does her utmost to give every guest a positive experience, the grounds and facilities are simply stunning.

If opting for the raw fast programme, as I did, you will be party to some 'gourmet' cuisine - raw food taking on a brand new dimension for sure! Lovely tasting dishes, all impeccably presented.

Accommodation is either in one bedroom appartments or villas - for one, unnecessarily lavish perhaps... but plenty of space and comfort.

In common with Amity's local rivals, it comes with a rather hefty pricetag - especially for any additional therapy sessions (at London prices!) but, having experienced another retreat in Phuket on two occasions in the past, Amity way exceeds that both in terms of facilities, setting and care. Seriously to be considered if you are thinking of a detox spell in a calm, relaxing, supportive environment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
AmityWellness, Owner at Amity Wellness, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Robert

Thank you for such a glowing and thorough review Robert, it really was a pleasure having you with us again and the fact that you chose Amity Wellness to complete your Cleanse fills us with confidence and desire to continually improve and maintain the high standards that we have set.

We are happy that you feel that your Cleanse was enhanced by our beautiful secluded location, setting, facilities, support and care.

We are all wishing you continued Health in 2013 and beyond and look forward to welcoming you back to Amity Wellness next time with open arms (Not because your very toxic of course and don’t forget my annual treat, he he)

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am a seasoned traveller I always check trailfinders before I book my trips for business and especially for pleasure as no one wants to spend out for their precious time away money and energy on a disappointing time away
... So here it is if you are thinking of detoxing, fasting getting fitter or just want a sun bed and sanctuary then go to Amity
It's brand new, the place is so clean ,the staff extremely friendly and helpful The management have a wealth of knowledge, mix of spiritualism and a splash of comedy which puts you at ease .
I went by myself and did,nt. feel alone or forced into being part of groups .
I fasted for the first time lost over 5 kg gained 1/2 a six pack and friends I think I might actually keep in touch with ... I came back refreshed and ready to face the world The apartments are huge the facilities are of a very high standard
They only except a maximum of 24 it is pricey but you do get what you pay for and I would return which I never usually do I urge you to go you won't be disappointed ..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
AmityWellness, Owner at Amity Wellness, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Teresa

Thank you for such an amazing review Teresa, we are so very happy that to achieved what you wanted to from your time here not only in terms of Detoxification but also in terms of getting fitter, absolute relaxation and of course making some great new friends.

The group was really fantastic and you captured some amazing photos, not only of Zak ;-) but also on New Years Eve and of your beach treks with John & David aka “The Three Musketeers” haha.

We hope all is going well back in the UK and wish you continued Health in 2013 and look forward to seeing you next time to achieve the other half of you six pack.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's a lovely place, with friendly, charming and helpful staff, clean and comfortable apartment style rooms and excellent facilities. The pool & yoga sala is gorgeous, and it's right on a private beach. I did a 7 day Detox Program which I found amazingly easy and now feel absolutely fabulous - energized, calmer and lighter :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jo

Thank you for such a lovely review Jo, we are glad that you left Amity Wellness feeling absolutely fabulous - energized, calmer and lighter ;-) It gives us great pleasure from your review knowing that we are achieving what we set out to do when choosing this location. The Pool & Yoga Sala with the backdrop of the private beach really does make for great photos, especially at sunset. Thank you one again and we wish you continued health in 2013 & beyond. Take care and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Big hugs from everyone here

Michelle Cooper and the Amity Wellness Team x
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I cannot express how much I appreciate the wonderful support and encouragement that I received from Michelle and the whole team at Amity Wellness. I can say that my time at Amity Wellness was easily the best thing that I have done for myself in 2012. I can only smile when I remember those wonderful people and the amazing program of activities which they provide for guests.
I loved every minute of my 14 days at Amity - 11days full fast and 3 days of raw food. I never felt hungry or bored, each day is full and rewarding and I just remember feeling so pampered and lucky to have discovered this beautiful place.
I remember walking on the beach in the evening, the amazing sunsets, often finding that I was the only person as far as the eye could see - just me, and the waves, the sand and the sky!
I took advantage of the Oxygen Therapy, Ion Cleanse, Galvanic Facial, Weight-loss Blanket as well as the many activities which are part of the programme - daily massage, sauna, yoga, and the wonderful fitness classes and talks which were available to everyone.
I would like to especially recommend a session with Grace, she is a beautiful, spiritual person who creates a supportive and healing space for you. My session with her is one of my very special memories of Amity Wellness.
I also had a fantastic Remedial Massage session with one of Amity's guest therapists called Bob, he did inflict pain, but it was good pain, and I felt so good afterwards.
Of course I must mention the twice daily colemas since that was the basis of the whole programme. I was shocked to see how much "gunk" a person can store inside themselves and not even know that it's there! It is so important for our health to keep our digestive system clean and healthy. Michelle explains everything in a way that is easy to understand and all of your questions are answered fully and comprehensively. The colema rooms are spotlessly clean and the staff are so wonderful.
The guest rooms that I stayed in was huge, and very comfortable, the bathroom was beautiful, modern and spacious.
The raw food menu is full of the most delicious treats which are prepared to order and there is an excellent list to choose from.
The best thing about a holiday like this is that you feel so good when you go back to your life feeling rejuvenated and healthy.
Thank you to the whole team at Amity Wellness :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Teresa

Teresa it is reviews like yours that are the reason we get up early and go into work putting every bit of energy into our guests and their needs throughout the day, naturally it makes our job so much easier when our guests are as wonderful as you and for you to say that it was the best thing that you did for yourself in 2012 means a great deal to us.

We will continue to maintain the highest standards that we set in customer service and will do our upmost to make sure each and every guest leaves feeling as rejuvenated and healthy as you did. Thank you once again Teresa for putting your Health & Trust in our hands, we wish you continued Health & Success in 2013 and will look forward to welcoming you back to Amity Wellness next time.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at Amity Wellness for one week at the frist week of December. It has been one of my best holidays and certainly an excellent investment! Right before my trip, I was totally exhausted and cranky from work as well as being hit by Hurricane Sandy in New York. After one day at Amity, I was totally in a different world with good spirit. The body transformation package was very helpful, such as found out my body fat and BMR. The daily fitness classes of yoga and boxings were so much fun. Michelle was very passionate about health and nutrition. I took a lot of notes at her class and now I am practicing at home. Grace's forgiveness class had a surprisingly strong emotional impact on me. I was very glad to drop some emotional backage as another form of detox. Ben Carter was the visiting musculoskeletal therapist. He was just wonderful! He basically put me to tears in his "torture chamber". I found myself sleep better and with better back and shoulder. Ben also gave me valuable advice on my fragile ankle. Now I am able to do exercise in the gym with much less pain. After one week, I lost a little weight but I did shrink body fat and inches. Maybe next time, I should try full fast instead of juice fast. I also met many interesting people at the resort. When I came back home, my boyfriend said that I looked younger and in such good mood and "have not barked at him for a whole week". My girlfriend found my voice has changed. My colleagues said, "Something about you looked very different." My ballroom dance teacher found me slimmer and a better dancer. Amith trip made wonderful changes in my life.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AmityWellness, Owner at Amity Wellness, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review of our retreat Lei, it was an absolute pleasure having you here at Amity Wellness and we could see how your energy grew each day that you spent with us. I am glad you enjoyed the Body Transformation Package and as you can see there really are benefits to doing daily exercise and you certainly gave your all, especially with the boxing, I think Luke’s hands are still hurting.

We hope everything is going well in the “Big Apple” and that the knowledge about Holistic Health & Fitness that you have gained at Amity is being adapted into your daily lifestyle at home. We feel very blessed to have met you and it makes our job worthwhile when receiving such amazing feedback. Happy New Year and we hope 2013 is a great year for you.

Big Hugs

Michelle cooper and the Amity Wellness Team x
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

It was very nice stay in this incredible Hotel, with very good team working here
Detox was so powerful,food so delicious,all workers so polite.
I wish that I could come for often and continue my detox which was such an enjoyable atmosphere and I Michelle was so professional in all of her work with me. I lost 4 kilos in 2 weeks stay in this great detox center. I recommend this Amity Wellness to everyone who wants to be happy and healthy and feel like they now have a new body and great positive energy. Valentina , Beverly Hills, Calif. USA

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review Valentina, it is always a pleasure having you over at Amity Wellness and we are very happy that you were achieved the results that you attained with us. The energy that you bring is contagious and you always bring so much positive energy to the group. We all miss you here at Amity Wellness and Bee passes on a special hello, and could you please pass on our regards to Liz. Have a very Merry Christmas and we hope 2013 is a great year for you.

Many Thanks

Michelle Cooper and the Amity Wellness Team
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

5* ALL THE WAY is the only thing I can really say to justify how amazing this place is.Me and my partner decided that we needed a holiday that we could go on where we could instantly slip into holiday mode and genuinely feel relaxed. Amity certainly gave us that and more. The rooms and resort were simply first class,the location idyllic with your own private beach looking on to the Andaman sea, Michelle and Luke guiding you, giving expert advice and providing a friendly atmosphere which helped me go home feeling like a new person. Me and my partner go away every year and Amity is certainly somewhere we will be visiting again very soon. Thanks Michelle,Luke and the team! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your fantastic review Matt, it was great having you with us and we were happy that you and Laura were able to completely kick back unwind and relax. You did very well on the Body Transformation Package and we could see that you really enjoyed the Boxing and Beach Training and the photos that you captured were fantastic. We are glad that you also gained knowledge of Holistic Health & Fitness and hope that you continue adapting it to your daily lifestyle. Have a very Merry Christmas and we hope 2013 is a great year for you.

Many Thanks

Michelle Cooper and the Amity Wellness Team

Been to Amity Wellness? Share your experiences!