“The best gift I've ever given myself...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phuket Cleanse Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Phuket Cleanse Villa
You added Phuket Cleanse Villa to your Saves list
49/105 Moo 1 Soi Ruam Nanachat, Sai Yuan Rd, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off Jan. & Feb. Price
Ranked #3 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
5.0 of 5 stars 170 Reviews
London, United Kingdom
“The best gift I've ever given myself...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

After 3 months of travelling around SE Asia with friends, partying, drinking and stuffing my face with rice and noodles, it was time to check into Phuket Cleanse and do a little detoxing!

On arrival, I was greeted by the tiniest and most talkative person I'd ever met - Nemo. She was so welcoming and friendly; my first taste of how all the staff are. Everybody there wants you to succeed at your goal (whatever that may be) and they support you all the way. I was made to feel special every day. All my concerns (not that there were many) were treated as important and were attended to without delay. PC is a lovely little family and you're made to feel part of it as soon as you get there.
I loved that the retreat provided a holistic service; so not just healthy food and workout sessions, but also the mini 'cookery' sessions, massages, sauna, ice baths and afternoon classes where we learned about getting better sleep and The Perfect Day of Eating…all preparing us for when we come back to our busy lives. I loved that!
If you're going to detox, you might as well do it in an environment where Mel is running around making sure the taste of your soup tastes exactly perfect for YOU. Or one where the nutritionist, David doesn't just stand around telling you to snack on apples instead of chocolate (how sick are we of hearing that little sentence, huh?) - it was so refreshing to learn things from him that have completely changed the way I look at everything in my house and my mindset when I sit down to eat.
So a big thank you to the PC team, including Mark, Andrew, the boys at the gym and those at Kata. I did things in 2 weeks that I'd not normally do in 1 year! I had my ups and downs but I was mostly up and that's due to the amazing and inspiring environment you have created. I wish you all the best in your personal lives and careers. You're all great people and you deserve great things.
Nove x

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Phuket Cleanse for 3 nights with my sister in March, (We were already staying in Patong and were desperate for some healthy living and getting back to Zen! When we called Stan he was so accommodative, so welcoming and they made space for us as a very last minute booking!!! We always felt welcomed. All the staff at Phuket Cleanse are just so LOVELY. They are motivating, loving and they know their stuff! The nightly massages included in the package are heavenly, and you'll have the best sleeps of your life. Overall, such an amazing experience and its left me feeling 3 nights were not enough.. I will be back again and have adopted many of the learnings (Such as nutrition and exercise knowledge) back home in Australia. I cannot recommend Phuket Cleanse enough!! You won't be dissapointed. (And if you do decide to go, make sure you take the plunge and do the therapeutic 'ice-bath'! It's super fun.)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was my second time there. It was even BETTER than the first!!!

The entire Phuket Cleanse team has grown and offers much more.

I admire their efforts towards educating and helping people live a healthier life.

Thank you Stanton, Mel, Phil, Morgan, Dave and the entire team at Phuket Cleanse to help us live better.

Wish you guys all the best and see you soon!!!

Room Tip: Take the suite over- looking the pool in the main villa. Its the best!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

How can there be 'more' than what's already been written in the many good reviews so far? There just is! You can't really put the experience into words - it's beyond words; it's a 'feeling' that you've never felt before; and you fear never feeling again....but you can and you will! Because they teach! teach! teach! until it sinks in so that you're well-equipped to survive post Phuket Cleanse (PC).
I'm reaping the rewards of what was so carefully sewn during my time there. So although you can't replicate the experience, because so much comes from the personalities of the staff at PC, you can certainly incorporate most of what you've had a taste of...not just in terms of the food, but also the exercise, the ice baths, the sleep hygiene, the awareness and reduction of exposure to unnecessary electro-magnetic fields, the oestrogen detox, and numerous other bio-hacking tricks to give you the edge in caring for your body and living longer.
I always think a sure sign that something's good is when they can retain the best staff - and they have! Lovely people own the place and lovely people work in it. They have an ethical backbone, which is as important to me as what they offer materially and practically. To be surrounded by these people day in day out has a therapeutic effect in itself. Even if I hadn't joined in any activities (and there are many on offer) just passing the time surrounded by such good, salt-of-the-earth people restores your faith in humanity. I was as much in need of this as anything else. If I could have stuffed them in my suitcase and brought them back to ole' Blighty I would have.
So, my experience at PC has brought me as close to perfect health as has been possible in the last decade of my life. I have struggled with a chronic illness for that long, and conventional medicine alone has not brought such fruits ....combining it with this holistic, somewhat unorthodox, approach has given me a stab at the good life again.
As a medical doctor, I took the Hippocratic Oath on graduation. The bit he said about dietary care, "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" has never felt so true and been so transformative. I have much to thank PC for, because I developed insights into self-care that hadn't occurred to me before now (and that orthodox medicine hadn't imparted). What they teach seems so intuitively right, yet we are missing the plot big time for some reason.
I despise the scare-mongering tactics that can make some vulnerable people feel compelled to follow alternative/non-orthodox therapies, to the exclusion of all else. This is not a strategy or even a belief held at PC. They know their stuff, and keep abreast of the latest research; but they also know their limits (very refreshing to see such honesty). However, they will keep searching and suggesting until something works for YOU. They have enough knowledge and resources to offer that rare thing in modern day medicine: a personalised program of care. You could not pay for this level of care even in Harley Street. It doesn't exist. Until you live amongst your 'patient' and witness their daily fluctuations, how can you tailor a program of care to suit their life?
So although their stated aim isn't even about providing personalised medicine or healthcare, that is what I have been the lucky recipient of. They hold the answer to many modern day ills, but probably don't quite appreciate how bloody good they are. Embracing a two-pronged approach (orthodox and non-orthodox therapies) has given me the tools to better manage my chronic illness. You may be going for different reasons to mine (and they will hone in on your motivation for visiting; even if you can't articulate it yourself), but I feel confident enough to say that you will most certainly get out of it what you are seeking. Having stayed there for a whole month (longer than most visitors) I saw many people pass through Phuket Cleanse, and I honestly can't think of anyone who did not seem to get MORE than what they originally came for.
For me, life feels good again.
What more could anyone ask for?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This place in my opinion is a blend of retreat, and hard work. It has the right mix of activities on offer (intensive workouts, yoga, meditation, swimming pool etc), fantastic raw vegan food (never thought I would see the variety I did), and comes with one of the best climates..... The team is friendly and extremely knowledgeable in anything healthy, and they are passionate about sharing it all - there were classes in many topics. Coming here was one of the best things I have done for myself, and I have adopted all the advice which was practical into my lifestyle and after several months still see daily benefits.... I will be back!!

Room Tip: I had a lovely room in the main villa upstairs near the pool...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Phuket cleanse villa might not be everybody's cup of green tea, but it worked a treat for me. The program is as much or as little as you want it to be but health and fitness cliches seem to apply. the more you put in, the more you will get out. I'm 57 years old, I spent 11 days, participated in as many of the vast variety of fitness options as I could, (loved the Muay Thai, not so fond of Bikram Hot Yoga) added a bit of extra walking and swimming, ate with appetite but exclusively from the delicious and visually delightful raw food lunches and dinners,(no ducking out for some pad thai down at the village) attended as many of the information sessions on detox and healthy eating as I could, did the more restful relaxation sessions as well, sauna, ice bathed and was massaged most nights, slept like a baby, and lost almost 7 kgs in the time I was there. I took away a whole heap of information as well, some of which I will be able to incorporate into my daily routine back home, some of which I won't. . The team are super friendly, very warm and embracing, a little bit quirky in a fun way, passionate and enthusiastic about their mission and work hard with 100% commitment to make sure it all runs smoothly. , All inclusive price means there was nothing more to spend and no pressure at all to purchase add on. don't even know if there were any add ons. delightful to have laundry taken care of daily. trainers and instructors push you but with care and support. small things like empty liquid soap dispenser being refilled before I had chance to ask, added to sense of being very well cared for. bonus of meeting some very wonderful people both amongst the staff and guests.

I got from phuket cleanse, precisely what I went there for. plus a bit more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at Phuket cleanse for only a couple of days, but I was blow away from the down to earth friendly approach stuff offered.
Every morning before we went off to our exercise class staff were eager to educate and assist their clients in any way possible.
They were available throughout the day come our ice baths and private massages.
I never considered myself someone who could survive on a raw vegan diet. I love my meat but every meal severed to us was bursting with flavours with presentation to match. I enjoyed th3 anticipation of what was to come next.
In summary I don’t just consider the staff their teachers but more as friends.
Thanks heaps guys and see you all again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Phuket Cleanse Villa? Share your experiences!