As the very fortunate winner of the 'Where on Earth' competition in August,I would like to pass on my thanks to you and the Mangosteen resort, for a
very beautiful three night holiday in Phuket last week.
From the moment we were greeted at the airport with iced water, it was clear that we were in for a weekend of luxury, and the Mangosteen Resort didn't
disappoint. With sensational views over neighbouring islands, huge beds and a 'rain' shower in the beautiful bathroom, it was tempting to not even leave
The resort staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating- even bizarre requests like hair cutting scissors didn't phase them! They had
great inside information on the local seafood restaurants too. (Although food from the onsite restaurant was also delicious and very reasonably
priced.) We especially loved the salt water pool weaving its way around the central part of the resort and Spa- unlike other resorts, we were able to
swim any time, even at night!
The beach is a very short shuttle ride away and is one of the nicest bays that I have visited in Thailand. Perfect waves, just the right amount of
people to watch for entertainment, but not to feel crowded. It was very difficcult to drag ourselves away on Sunday afternoon, but the driver agreed
to take us straight to the airport from the beach. It was fabulous to arrive back in wintery Shanghai with sandy feet and a sunburnt nose.
Sincere thanks for a most welcome getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa, Phuket. Located near Nai Harn Beach in the South of Phuket, Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa sits on a private hillside. This Boutique Resort offers high standards of personalized service in a secluded and serene environment. Only 41 villa style rooms ensure privacy and tranquility. The rooms are designed as a "home away from home" by Interior Designer John Underwood to ensure guests have a most enjoyable stay. Surrounded by tropical gardens, each Villa feels like a piece of private paradise. Private Villa gardens offer a Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea and Phuket Island. All units are generous in space. The centre of the resort consists of the 680sqm free form pool, the Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and the Ayurveda Destination Spa. A free shuttle service is offered to the guests to make the short trip to Nai Harn beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket. Your unique Ayurveda Destination Spa Resort near Phuket's best beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai