The grounds and pool here are great. Not all the rooms have a beautiful view or the privacy. We had a royal jacuzzi suite, but it had no view of the ocean, and it was next to the restaurant which was not private at all. Someone who stayed in 2 different types of rooms told us that the cheaper room was a lot more secluded and just as nice.
This hotel is good for 2-3 day stays, but not more. I agree 100% with other reviews....you feel like you are trapped there... and everything is more expensive at the resort.
The Mangosteen is at the southern tip of Phuket, which meant when we wanted to go snorkeling/elephant riding/kayaking...etc...it was 45 minute car rides. With the construction, it takes 45 minutes to the airport. It was 25 minutes to Patong. Obviously it costs more to take taxis since it is so far (and the hotel transportation is even more).
The staff is nice to the guests, and they try...but it seemed to us that they seemed that they were under a lot of pressure or something. The restaurant is ok, but you can get alot better food for 1/3 the price throughout the island. My wife said the spa was excellent.
The resort was recently named a 5 star resort by someone (not sure who), but it is a 4 star at best. If you are only staying at the resort and not leaving, then I would recommend it. If you want to explore the island (Patong, snorkeling, Phantasea, etc) then I would look elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa, Phuket. Located near Nai Harn Beach in the South of Phuket, Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa sits on a private hillside. This Boutique Resort offers high standards of personalized service in a secluded and serene environment. Only 40 villa style rooms ensure privacy and tranquility. The rooms are designed as a "home away from home" by Interior Designer John Underwood to ensure guests have a most enjoyable stay. Surrounded by tropical gardens, each Villa feels like a piece of private paradise. Private Villa gardens offer a Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea and Phuket Island. All units are generous in space. The centre of the resort consists of the 680sqm free form pool, the Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and the Ayurveda Destination Spa. A free shuttle service is offered to the guests to make the short trip to Nai Harn beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket. Your unique Ayurveda Destination Spa Resort near Phuket's best beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.