The reason we chose the Mangosteen was because we got a really good deal trough an internet coupon deal (Which we upgraded and had breakfast included, this turned out to be a good thing as there weren’t to many places around close enough to go for breakfast and still use the resort facilities) plus the Resort was marketed as a Couples only (Over 33 years of age) resort.
It turned out not to be an Adults only resort with numerous couples having children there which was a bitter disappointment for us after we where assured a week before with a personal phone call from the resort that there would be no children there during the time that we were booked in for. (We have nothing against children however sometimes a person just wants peace and quite with no noisy children around and the Resort is marketed as couples only).
It turned out to be a time share resort and we were expected to undergo a tour of the property because we got the deal so cheap (Nothing was mentioned when booked the deal over the internet). To be truthful we did not get a hard sell and all the staff were very friendly even after they realised that timeshare was not for us. They showed us the rooms that had being done up and all the guests that we chatted to after our tour also said the same thing that they showed them the newly renovated rooms and we all were staying in older rooms, this got me to thinking that how many rooms had being renovated and were there only a couple of rooms renovated just for the Time share presentation.
On the whole we had a very good time at the Mangosteen however we found the resort to be a little isolated for us from a convenience side of things and a little to far from the beach as well even though the Resort did offer a shuttle service to and from the closest beach to say the least we walked a lot.
Lionel and Linda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa, Phuket. Located near Nai Harn Beach in the South of Phuket, Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa sits on a private hillside. This Boutique Resort offers high standards of personalized service in a secluded and serene environment. Only 41 villa style rooms ensure privacy and tranquility. The rooms are designed as a "home away from home" by Interior Designer John Underwood to ensure guests have a most enjoyable stay. Surrounded by tropical gardens, each Villa feels like a piece of private paradise. Private Villa gardens offer a Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea and Phuket Island. All units are generous in space. The centre of the resort consists of the 680sqm free form pool, the Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and the Ayurveda Destination Spa. A free shuttle service is offered to the guests to make the short trip to Nai Harn beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket. Your unique Ayurveda Destination Spa Resort near Phuket's best beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai