“Surprisingly interesting!” 5 of 5 stars

Phuket, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
“Surprisingly interesting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went with my mother here on a rainy day really not expecting too much from the place as I have never seen anyone there but we were both surprisingly pleased with the museum. It is not that large and at best it takes an hour or so to see everything but there were some amazing shells and some really interesting information. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I am a little concerned that you can buy such big shells in the shop upstairs and I am not sure you can transport them out of a country but we didn't buy those so it wasn't a problem for us.

This is a rainy day event or a retreat from a hot day as it is well air conditioned, not expensive and worth a look!

Visited March 2013

Melbourne
13 attraction reviews
“Great display of so many shells”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited the shell museum with the idea of purchasing some shells.
The entry price was quite expensive
The display of shells was amazing. And we couldn't believe that someone had collected all the shells.
The down side was the shells for sale were so expensive.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
71 attraction reviews
“Right up there with the best museums anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went to the Seashell Museum so that one of our trio could buy a large shell. Two said they were going downstairs to visit the museum; having seen many third-rate "shell museums", I declined. Then changed my mind. And I'm so glad I did. This museum would have to be one of the best presented museums equal to anywhere in the world, and I don't mean just for shells. The professionalism of the displays is world quality, the variety was fascinating, the descriptions in perfect English. Shells, etc. are for sale on the ground floor, but are not cheap. Suggest you go to the Gypsy Fishing Village down the road, on the beach. The big shop on the corner has reasonably priced shells. They also sell pearls.

Visited April 2013
Athens
14 attraction reviews
“Not much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you like seashells go and visit it.There is a small charge as an entrance fee and some really big & strange seashells.I did not enjoy the fact that spiders were having a tea party on the walls.A plus is that there is a shop where you can buy a lot of things or some pearls.Ofcourse donot forget to bargain on the prices.

Visited August 2012
Athens, Greece
68 attraction reviews
“Very interesting museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you are a rainy day in Phuket you can visit this museum. You don't need so much time to see it all but you can see many strange seashells, colored lobsters etc.....

Visited June 2012