“excellent tech diver training” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 45 activities in Rawai
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We conduct ALL levels of technical diving courses from diver up to dive instructor. The agencies are TDI, PADI TecRec , IANTD and SSI XR and TXR. Besides being Specialized in Rebreather and Cave courses we also train divers for Advanced Wreck, Sidemount, Advanced Sidemount, Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures, Normoxic Trimix , Trimix, CCR Cave and Dive Medic Technician courses. Our rebreathers that we teach on are Poseidon MK6, Megalodon, Pathfinder and the Optima. Our dive equipment and sponsors are Dive Rite, Hollis, Apeks, Liquivision and Fourthelement. Private tuition on demand. Personalized courses, all inclusive (no HIDDEN COST)Redefine your Limits with Blue Label Diving!
Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“excellent tech diver training”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you enjoy scuba diving and want to take it up to the next level, Blue Label Diving is the way to go. I’ve been scuba diving recreationally for a few years and wanted to do something different, so I decided to sign up for the TDI Cavern and Intro to Cave diving course with them. I have to say tech diving was a big step from recreational diving, but it wasn’t daunting as Ben (the instructor) was very patient and I felt like I was in safe hands, so much so that I signed up for a second course, Advanced Wreck with them. The courses are not always conducted in Phuket, my cave diving was at Khao Sok and Adv Wreck at Koh Tao, but Blue Label took care of all the logistics so I could focus all my attention on the diving. In fact, I showed up in Phuket with zero dive equipment and Blue Label provided everything that I needed, and everything was in good condition too.

Ben has many, many years of experience behind him and he is probably one of the highest qualified trainers here in Asia. His training focuses more on the practical aspect, as I guess he expects the students to complete the theory part on their own, but he does go through key concepts, formulas, and highlight points that are critical to safety like limits and so on. During the training, be prepared to be thrown into all sorts of scenarios that’d test your mental and emotional ability to handle stressful diving mishaps, like silting out with zero visibility, air leaks, entanglement and out of air situations. Other then the technical know-how, I felt the course has made me much more composed and competent in my dives.

There were some minor areas where I think everything could’ve been better organized, but overall I thought everything was really good. Ben and Simone do take good care of their students. Diving courses in general doesn’t come cheap, and I guess tech diving even more so as they don’t have the economies of scale as recreational diving enjoy. So be prepared to pay a little more, but if you’re serious about doing tech and you’re in this neck of the woods, you can’t go wrong with Blue Label Diving. Personally, I’d definitely be keeping them in mind if I ever intend to explore further down the tech route.

Visited August 2012
Simone S, Owner at Blue Label Diving, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
It was very nice to have you guys over here as well!! I am sure we will see each other again very soon!

Tranås
“Best experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

After a long wait I had the great chance of doing my TDI Sidemount course with Paul Kirby at Blue Label.

Was a hard and challenging course. Even with 700+ dives, Paul made sure I got put to the test. Got told early that I would meet 'Murphy', and oh wow, I did. :)

Its been a great experience and can't remember when I had this much fun in the water!
He really open a new door in diving for me, and for that I'm so thankful of!
I really hope I will meet Paul again and do some more training with him!

Thanks again to Blue Label and Paul!

Happy Sidemounting!

Visited May 2012
Simone S, Owner at Blue Label Diving, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you so much for being here and choosing Blue Label for your tech diving courses! It was great having you!
Ben and Simone Reymenants
Ten Boer, Groningen, Netherlands
“Cavediving was perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We did the full cave course with Ben Reymenants. It was perfect. He speaks different languages (Spanisch, German, Dutch, English, etc). The course was perfect. To stay in Khao Sok is very special: everything floating. Good food, good dives, good material.

Visited April 2012
Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka
“The best place for Tech Diving in Asia without a doubt !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Did Nitrox to Advanced Trimix and even ended up 104m deep in Sra Keow cave in Crabi with Ben at Blue label diving .Bought my Meg and did MOD II all this in between April 2010 and October 2011. Further have done DMT and Chamber Operator training with him. What's left is Caves and Wrecks...

This is a guy who you would never get tired listening to during lectures , during in water training he would always make a diver learn new ways to think and analyze. He's not just another diving instructor but someone who has the cool and calm no matter what happens in or out of the water,

I dive for work , own a Commercial Diving business in Sri Lanka. I found a totally different approach to Tech diving with BLue Label diving. At every other dive center I'd be lucky to get what I paid for but here it's the opposite.

Ben tries to squeeze in all the "Good to know" stuff in between the " Need to know stuff" and brings up confidence of every techy one step at a time to face pretty much every "Oh Shoot" situations one can imagine.

The best thing is he trains you to stay calm and think underwater and to take the best possible step to dive for another day ! , He's not pushy at all and the knowledge he has simply saying an encyclopedia of Tech Diving & Diving Medicine.

Without a second thought it's the BEST and the ONLY place I would recommend for Sports and Tech divers of any stage, Go to Blue Label diving and ask for BEN , he's the BEST !

P.S - Every time I finish a course I think it's my last one , but end up signing up for one after another ! To be frank Ben is one of the 3 people I take as Mentors in my life.

BLUE LABEL DIVING ROX ....

Visited October 2011
Simone S, Owner at Blue Label Diving, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
We were delighted to have you here! And thank you for being a great host in Sri Lanka as well!
Brisbane, Australia
“If your considering high end premium diver training...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Then you can do no better than Blue Label. Ben Reymenants is by far one of the leading TDI, PADI & SSI Instructor trainers and his achievements with diving records is inspiring, but yet is a humble and friendly person. Both he and his wife Simone, operate an exclusive high end professional service in dive instruction.

I spent a number of weeks training there and could have asked for nothing else. Everything was taken care of, leaving me to focus on the not insubstantial training tasks at hand. Transport, logistics, even personal transfers to and from the airport. All in small group or privately one to one, unlike so many of the Thailand training companies who deal in numbers and cater to an entirely different market.

I could not recommend Blue Label more highly if you just want the best there is. It is training done right. Simply do it. You won't regret it.

Visited July 2011