“A great pampering and quiet vacation at Phuket away from the party scene” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tea Tree Resort

You added Tea Tree Resort to your Saves list
Tea Tree Resort
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   33/3 Moo 2, Vised Road, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 36 Rawai B&B and Inns
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“A great pampering and quiet vacation at Phuket away from the party scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

It was an hour ride from Phuket International airport to the hotel which is located at Rawai. Once arrived, we were so glad having chosen this hotel and Rawai area, since we really wanted to be away from the busy night life of Patong. We were welcomed by the receptionist with refreshing drink, after sitting in a full taxi for the hour, it was great to have something to drink and seeing the receptionist's warmth. She was a petite girl and very kind, without expecting any tips when offering help, also the same goes for the rest of the staff at this hotel.

Room:
The room was gorgeous. We had a normal room with pool access balcony and this was big enough for both of us, and our baby of 9-month old. The room is about 50sqm. We love the pool access balcony but it would be better if the cat's tail plants at the balcony are not there. It only made the balcony looked slightly muddy and the water of the plants breed mosquitoes which we were concerned for malaria or dengue fever for our baby while playing. Suggestion to the hotel would be to plant something else, like coloured-leaves (red) plants or something drier than these cat's tail plants.

Service:
The reservation was including free wifi and breakfast. Breakfast was free and easy, no strict timing that we should be there between 8-11am or so, but we were always there around 12pm, as the staff would be busy cleaning the rooms after 12.30pm. Once when our baby was having a fever, we asked the same nice receptionist to send breakfast to our room, and this is possible without any extra charge, great service. The same applies if we would like to have lunch or dinner in the room as well, we could sometimes order from the staff and they would kindly send the food to our room, even as early as 6.45am in the morning during our last day when we had a morning flight and needed to check-out at 7.15am.

Rawai area:
Very quiet, but excellent place for families with children without the busy night-life of Patong. There was a beach at Rawai, which is walking distant from this hotel, about 1.5km, which is a nice walk for us with the stroller along. To access the beach from the hotel, walk towards the main road, and turn left. Walk about 500-600m towards 7-eleven. Once at 7-eleven. there is a lane leading to some local houses on the left. Walk at the lane as this is the lane leading to the quiet beach of Rawai, which is also a nice swimming beach or to lay in the sun. There are some cheap stalls as well selling drinks (30 baht for a whole coconut drink), renting out chairs, and 1 stall selling delicious cheap Thai food as well.
For restaurants, our favourites are Nikita and Moo. Nikita has both Western and local Thai food. If you miss pizza's this is a great place since they have wood-oven pizza's. Local food here is pretty expensive, and we preferred to eat the local food at Moo instead. Moo has an open kitchen and the food taste great, everything they cooked there is wonderful, but can be really crowded and long wait.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and very quiet so it does not matter which room that is allocated to us.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is the type of review that I do not like to write. When I find a slice of heaven, I really don't want to share that information on a public site. Especially, not TripAdvisor. But ethics and good manners kick in when I know that discerning travelers have the right to enjoy a find like this. It would not be fair to the owners and staff either. They have the right to fill their hotel and make a living in order to keep it open for my next stay! That will be very, very soon....when I return to Rawai on business. I look for these special places all over the world. Quiet, safe, serene, casual, trendy, modern, spacious and exquisite. Opened only recently, this chic' property is on a quiet, residential road; the same road as the Evason Resort. Off the beaten path. Yet, steps from shops, restaurants, mini marts, Rawai Pier, massage/manicure, everything. No car necessary as this is only steps from everything. The wow factor will hit you as soon as you enter the huge wooden doorways that welcome you to their lovely airy lobby. Next to that is a spacious breakfast area which is outdoors/indoors. Breakfast is included in most of the rates that you will find on www.agoda.com. You can also book directly with the hotel's website where you will find some great off season packages to include transfers from the Phuket Airport, daily breakfast, a day trip to Phi Phi Island, etc. The owner has put their heart and soul into this property and it is obvious when you enter the gorgeous, gigantic wooden doors that frame the entryway.There is a great parking lot right in front of the hotel but again, you really don't need a car. You feel far removed from the hustle and bustle of this lovely beach community. That is why I describe it as a Malibu style property. Maybe a little bit of Sonoma thrown in. The friendly and professional staff greet you warmly and present you with an ice cold scented towel and fresh squeezed orange juice. I could tell immediately that they take great pride in this property and their work. This small, boutique hotel is private and serene. What caught my attention when I read their website was breakfast at your leisure which means that they will prepare it for you anytime and not at a set time of 0700-0900 that you would see in most places. That is unheard of anywhere. Even in the finest B&B's in Europe or the USA...this is not something that is normally offered. A beautiful touch for late sleepers. Another feature that I have never seen in this type of property is a flexible checkout where they will allow you to depart later if necessary at no extra charge. You will read about this on their website. No property that I have seen in this category is this hospitable. The only other property that I know to have as flexible a policy is The Peninsula in Beverly Hills. The Peninsula has a 24 hour policy for all of their guests at astronomical rates. But the rates are not like that here. I hope that PTree keeps this policy as part of their repertoire' and that no guests will abuse it. The PTree is strictly a nonsmoking hotel and when you see the ambience, you will understand why. Even outside smoking would ruin the atmosphere for anyone. It would not work in such a small property. It would be misery for the other guests who sit on their lanai or swim in the elegant pool. There are 18 suites, all very private, facing the side; towards the infinity pool. There are family accomodations too. The very private entrances are on the other side with beautiful, elegant doorways. Half of the suites are poolside and the other half are poolview on the second floor. I cannot emphasize enough that you should book the "poolside" suites, as you are able to step directly into the infinity pool. The design is magnificent and elongated. Completely parallel to the entire building. I was stunned by the design and would again compare it to a movie star property in Malibu. Not to a beautiful and small hotel like this. I swam the entire length of the pool, sunned myself in different sections as the sun moved. The depth is probably not over 5 feet and changes to more shallow depths in other areas where you might sit. The design is impeccable and lavish. A great deal of thought went into this. The dimensions fit perfectly with the whitewashed building. On the other side of the pool, directly across from your suite are beautiful chaise lounges with matching parasol umbrellas. The House Man will set these up for you as soon as you arrive. Just lovely to look at from your lanai and even better for a relaxing afternoon of sunning. There are hidden steps into the pool from each and every suite. If you want to enjoy a cocktail on your lanai, there is a small table with chairs. Let me get to the suites now. You will not believe your eyes. The photos on their website do not do it justice. I cannot begin to tell you how chic' and eclectic it is. Each suite is generously equipped with robes, slippers, lavish pool towels which are embroidered with the hotel's logo, organic gels/lotions in beautiful ceramic pumps, plush bathsheets, larger than normal fridge w/freezer, large hot water kettle, complimentary coffee and tea, everything. The mini bar items are wonderful and the prices much below anything you would pay in another country. You have a choice of beers, wines, sodas, juices, snacks, nuts, etc. So reasonable are the mini bar prices, you won't mind indulging in any or all of it. Complimentary bottled water is placed in your suite every day. A beautiful touch. My King Bed had egyptian cotton sheets, was wonderfully firm; and my quality of sleep was incredible. There is a lovely couch, chair, modern credenza, writing desk w/large mirror, free WiFi and a spacious closet. The flat screen HD TV worked perfectly and had some great english speaking channels. Also a DVD is there for your use. Here is what really knocked me over. The curtains which appeared to be shantung or a nubby silk, a lovely dark taupe, lined with silk which actually blacked out light if you so desire. Sheer curtains were underneath if you wanted some light during the day. No expense was spared. The room was decorated nicely with beautiful pottery and art. Lots of lamps and great lighting everywhere. I have saved the best for last. In my travels as a flight attendant to many international and domestic destinations, I judge the bathrooms as a primary key to my happiness. Most of the hotels that I stay in cannot even come close to providing the luxurious bathroom that I had here. Only the most upscale homes might even have something close to this. Maybe not at all. It is a spacious garden bathroom with tile, smooth stone and wooden planks under the rain shower. Curtains or shower doors are not necessary and would ruin it. The sink is a very modern ceramic bowl which is the latest style that you might see in Architectural Digest. The very deep stone tub is like none you have ever seen. The tub is aligned with the wall, so that you can actually see into your suite or beyond the pool area. There is a glass window here with a gorgeous, wooden venetian blind if you wish to use it or not. WOW. The a/c is the latest high tech design with remote control. It was extremely cold as it should be. One of the nicest touches in the room was a pair of flip flops that were separate from the slippers. Just perfect for a couple who has forgotten their own. You are a short walk away from a mani/pedi/massage place that has the molst reasonable rates in town, a superb tailor that will make you a gorgeous garment made from any design for very reasonable prices. I ordered several garments while staying here. The fabrics were of very high quality and the workmanship was perfect. There is a lady who lives next door to the resort and she will do your laundry for unspeakably low prices. She laundered and ironed an entire week's clothing for me and did a better job than anyone I have ever seen. I left it overnight and it was ready the next day. The same lady offers a taxi service and you can reserve with her back to the airport or anywhere else. Her prices are prominently posted but you can negotiate. In my opinion, her posted rates were lower than most. She has a friendly dog that barks in place of a doorbell. When walking to the main road, there are plenty of inexpensive restaurants, bars, mini marts, shops, again everything. You can walk to the Rawai Pier where there are so many restaurants on the right, your head will spin. The BEST seafood in Phuket can be found on the beachfront. Family run, immaculate establishments with many BBQ specialties. Some are cash only, so bring Thai Baht and tip them generously for their hospitality. You will not believe the low prices for fresh grilled fish, shellfish, traditional Thai and fruit smoothies. I went to RIMHAD SEAFOOD and it was such a favorite that I ate there at least 5 times in one week. A huge
seafood meal with a platter of cucumber or papaya salad was in the $6-8@ range. You might spend less if you have a Thai dish. I love Rawai because it has such a laid back, no resort, no high rise, no wild clubs atmosphere. PTree is the BEST property in all of Rawai. No one else can offer what they do for the price. No one. Now that this is published, I will have to wait in line like everyone else to get a reservation. But, let me tell you....it will be worth it anytime of the year. I will plan my trips around their availability. The owner/manager also generously offers you the use of their kitchen if you wish to cook. Frankly, I don't want to to cook because ot the fab restaurants everywhere. Try the Moo which is up the road and has the lowest prices in town. Great food, low prices and open until 0200AM. Thank you PTree owner and staff for making my stay one of the most memorable in my lifetime. I will miss you because there is nothing like you in America!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Tea Tree Resort? Share your experiences!