“Friendly stay, clean and quant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yanui Seaview

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Yanui Seaview
You added Yanui Seaview to your Saves list
57/30 Moo 6, Soi Yanui, Viset Road, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Ranked #18 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
Upperco, Maryland
“Friendly stay, clean and quant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I really enjoyed our 2 night stay here, the room was simple and clean! All you could need and great location to the beach. "Sunset beach" as the locals call it, and a short walk to a lookout point atop the hill. The owners are wonderful and will even take you on a welcome ride into town and have motorbikes to rent or a bicycle to borrow if you would like. The restaurant was good, and it has free wifi. Thank you to the owners for there helpfulness and kindness. Best Brooke and Luke

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vientiane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Myself, my dad, and a family friend were coming to phuket for the first time after a week in Laos. I had heard that the beaches on the south and this place in particular were the place to go. We were going to stay one or two nights and then head to Phi Phi, but wound up staying all five nights here. The beach access and snorkeling was perfect. The room was perfect. The owners were lovely and helpful. On-site motorbike rentals. Plenty of help and suggestions. Literally no complaints except that I wish the restaurant would have opened for bfast earlier than 830. The food was to die for, but if you want something different, more places (food and massage) are just a short walk. This will be the only place I stay on Phuket in the future!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

As I was writing above I not stayed at this place but I was walking through as I thought to stay there this time in Phuket. The place is directly opposite yanui beach, which is a small one and considered by many people as very nice one. I don't think so. The beach is small and crowdy as nai harn and data but not as nice. The resort itself is bit -how to say -call it ecological ? I would consider it a backpacker place only, bit messy grounds, alternative flavour ? I saw many places like this in Phuket and they are , obviously good priced, not special. I for example not saw a pool, ok its close to the beach, but if I would come with my little one who likes a poll ? I don't know, maybe I try next time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I have just stay at Yanui Seaview with my family and I must say we were very disappointed. The lady that runs the place was nice but worked very long hours in Phuket Town and we only saw her once. Rooms looked ok on first view but soon relised that they weren't that clean and the wifi was hopeless. Also the dogs around Yanui barked all night long. We paid 1000 baht a room with no breakfast or mini bar. Beach is close but not easy to swim there because the rocks. One of our room smelt mouldy. I think with a bit TLC this place could be nice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Really convenient to the beautiful, secluded (for Phuket) beach. The wonderful staff even offered me a lift to the main business district due to the weather. And she drove me back as well. The rooms are clean and well equipped. Would definitely come back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here last year and was surprised they didn't have a Tripadvisor entry. Glad to see people are finding it.
We stayed January and had a great time. The site has 7 bungalows which all have air con fridge and tv along with on suite etc.
The site is owned by a family and the sisters run it together with Dave who is married to Kung and spent there time between here and Canada. Can't think of a better place to get away from the the cold winters.
The bungalow was cleaned every day and we were able to hire motor bikes on the site. Much better than in town where we ended up paying for damage we never did..
There is a restaurant on site which cooks fantastic food and not just Thai but Italian a speciality.
The beach is across the road which is great with beds and kayaks to hire, and with an island just off shore a great thing to do.
We found out that there are also 2 family sized bungalows to rest one of which is Dave and Kungs place. Great for 3-5 people and great value.
We have already made plans for Dec 2013 and if we can we will stay in the large bungalow.
This place is a secret paradise in Phuket

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Very surprised to find no reviews of this wonderful place....
The location is second to none if you want to be right on Yanui beach. This small but picture postcard lovely beach is right in the southwest corner of Phuket, nestled between 2 popular viewpoints and far from the madding crowd. If you are looking for nightlife and shops this is not the place for you, but if you want good quality accommodation , steps from the sand, a few restaurants and a restful atmosphere then this is the one!

Owned by local sisters, one is the charming and genuinely warm and welcoming Khun , who together with her husband David, an affable, amusing and really helpful Welshman, made our stay here an effortless pleasure. We were picked up from Rawai, given all the local information we needed, and generally treated like welcome guests not just customers.

Set in an attractive garden under high palms, The bungalows are large and attractive with all mod cons, Aircon, fan, tv, fridge, free wifi, coffee making facilities and plenty of electric sockets. They have multiple windows on 2 or 3 sides with privacy glass making them feel bright and airy. The decor is really tasteful, well furnished with full wardrobe and plenty of drawers. Quality cotton sheets and Thai silk bedcovers. Large shaded balcony with comfy chairs, a table and clothes horse. Khun and David have travelled extensively and it shows in their style and clever anticipation of their customers wants and needs. A lot of effort has gone in to this place and you get the feeling they love it as much as we do.

The on site restaurant is run by the adorable Noi, she worked in the big resorts before taking charge of this restaurant, she and her friendly team do a terrific job. Everything we had here was really good, the tempura prawns and the prawn fritters the best I ever had. If there's something you want that's not on the menu just ask, they will do an incredible seafood and fish barbecue with a little notice, she'll buy what you want from the local fish market at Rawai ( locals come here from far and wide for the fish market and fish restaurants ) and then barbecue it for you. Nice cocktails too.

One of the best massages I've ever had was by a local lady organised by Khun, she comes to the bungalows so you can have your massage in the cool comfort and privacy of your own room. Seaview also rent scooters, arrange airport transfers, and there's a laundry just up the road.

The location, the quality of the accommodation , the warm welcome from the helpful hosts, great restaurant and beach on your doorstep make this place quite unique in the area. Forgot to mention you can hire snorkeling gear, canoes and even a small boat on the beach. Another real plus ...... No Hawkers!

We will be back for sure, this is the only place in south Phuket I would want to revisit. Thank you Khun and David and please never sell your corner of paradise to the greedy developers.
Book this place and you will not be disappointed, I doubt you will find the same in terms of location and quality accommodation anywhere in south Phuket!

Stayed February 2013

Been to Yanui Seaview? Share your experiences!