“BEST Seafood on Rawai Beach at stunningly LOW PRICES!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 133 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Seafood
Sanibel Island, Florida
“BEST Seafood on Rawai Beach at stunningly LOW PRICES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Again, I do not like to write these types of reviews. Why? Because I am afraid that there will not be seat for me when I show up the next time! But I am obligated to do so in order to share a find like no other. It is only fair to my readers and to the family that runs this first rate seafood establishment. There are at least a dozen very good seafood places on Rawai Beach. All open air cafes with great food, menus and low prices. They are across from the beach and the sea wall. All have stunning views. If you want to sit across the street near the sea wall, they will set up a table and serve you there. That is something unheard of in most countries. This homey, comfortable family run establishment has every type of seafood that you could ever want. The shellfish selection is beyond description. Mussels, clams, etc. Fresh tiger prawns that were as large as small lobster tails, Horsehshoe crab (live) if you so desire. All fresh and in containers for you to choose from. The menu is in english and thai and they will present you with a picture menu, too. There are chicken, pork, beef, vegetarian and a multitude of salad selections too. Frankly, I was in Thailand and Rawai specifically to eat seafood,. Nothing else. I loved this place so much that I must have gone back at least 7 times during my stay in Rawai. I was staying in a 5 star hotel and had no desire to eat in the hotel. I wanted to keep going back to RIMHAD. The place was immaculate. Cleaner than most food establishments in the USA. This is their home and they are proud. This lovely family works so hard and has beautiful touches like a comlimentary side plate of fresh cut cucumber, basil and raw green beans with every meal. Each time I sat down, they would bring me a large water bowl with cut limes to keep my hands clean. Even a terry towel. NICE. My favorite meal was grilled mackarel which the chef would filet before serving. It was the entire fish with head. but there were no bones. Everything is prepared in an open kitchen and see for yourself BBQ. DELICIOUS. This was in the $3-4 range. Another fave was grilled BBQ Tiger prawns. You can order a small, medium or large serving. I had the small serving for 200Baht which is roughly $7 US. It was huge. 6 gigantic, grilled tiger prawns in the shell, split and very easy to eat. I would always order a huge platter of cut cucumbers with chilies, dried shrimp and rice vinegar. 40 Baht...about $1.30 US. When they saw me drive up, the owner would always wave me into a choice parking space and wave me safely out into the road to avoid traffic. Now, that's service. They have lots of great drinks on the menu at very low prices. I would always order a fruit smoothie. Pineapple, mango, melon, etc. No sugar added. Just ice and fresh fruit. Less than $2. Beer, sodas and water are great too. It's a cash only place but at these prices, who cares? They have lots of seating and it is a great place to spend an evening with your family and loved ones. Also, whenever I sat down, they would generously bring a fan near the table just for me. These little touches are like nothing I have seen in North America. I will dream about this food and wonderful family for the rest of my life. And of course, I tipped them generously. They work very hard and believe me....you will not be disappointed. IT IS THE BEST seafood in Phuket and the lowest prices, too. It is traditional that they provide unobtrusive service. They want you to eat in peace without them staring or hovering over you. If you need anything, politely ask them. They will happily get it. Have fun and show them this review when you go. I told them that I would be writing it! Just tell them to find me a seat when I return soon! Enjoy! P.S. They will wrap up ANYTHING for takeout!

• Visited June 2011