“BEST diving ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a private scuba diving experience in Phuket with fun, friendly and personal service. We are the original and only Phuket PADI dive centre to specialise in private scuba diving tuition and guiding. Whether you are brand new to scuba or looking to enhance your experience and certifications, we provide you with personal, professional attention at all times. Scuba Diving is a passion for Andy and our team.... not just a job, and we aim to give you the best possible scuba diving experience while you are in Phuket. You don't need to be staying in Rawai or Nai Harn to dive with us - we pick you up for free from Patong, Kata, Karon and Chalong areas too! We offer competitive prices on diving day trips and PADI courses, plus you get a great discount on all our Similans, Burma and Hin Daeng liveaboard trips. We look forward to meeting you for a fun and exciting time!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“BEST diving ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I did the super sunday with Andy and it was the best 4 dives ever! I saw so much and Andy was super enthusiastic and knowledgable. If your looking to go scuba diving in Phuket then Andy is the guy to go with for sure!

Visited March 2012
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thanks Kassandra for the review it was great fun for me as well and I am so glad that the days was great for you and you are always welcome back here to dive with me anytime keep the diving up

Bangalore
“If you think Scuba In Phuket, then it must be with Andy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Hello to every ScubaDiving Enthusiast!!!

I planned a trip to thailand with my wife from 24th March to 31st March, with Scuba being the main aim for me and shopping for my wife ;). After a lot of research on the net I got to know about Andy's Scuba Excursions. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor for Andy, was satisfied very much but still had that element of doubt on the genuity of the reviews as i'm only human too :).

So I decided to drop an email to Andy and to my suprise got a reply almost immediately and from there on every communication with Andy was heading towards the right direction. Andy had been very prompt to answering any of my questions & Concerns, making me feel sure of what i was getting into (I Can't Swim by the way:). I was scheduled to dive on the 25th of March 2012 and recieved a call from Andy on the 24th evening (I emailed him my number as soon as i got one on arrival in Phuket) just to confirm and make sure everything was in place.

Now the big day, Andy was very welcoming and not for a single moment did I or my wife feel out of place or tensed about what was going to happen. My wife was certain that she didnt want to dive because of the fear of water or whatever other phobia's she had about diving, infact we even had a fight before leaving to thailand as I really tried hard to convince her to do the Scuba with me but had no luck in doing so. However believe it or not!!! Andy got her convinced in less than 30 mins!!! Dont ask me how because I kept asking myself that the entire time that day.

Before every dive Andy explains about the aquatic life that we would see or are likely to see at each diving point and trust me its really interesting to listen to him as he knows absolutely what he is talking about an speaks with so much passion that one can go on listening for hours and hours together, hence easing the tension for first timers like me and looking forward to it. My wife got convinced because of the way Andy explained everything right from procedures to what to expect down there!!!

Finally, when the moment arrived!!! That first jump was a mix bag of fears, excitement, anxiety etc... but after about ten minutes in the water everything started to ease down and every second under water was breath taking!!! I dont have words to explain the world down under (I mean the ocean :) as I personally dont feel there could be words in the dictionery to describe this experience!!!

The variety of fishes, the corals, the clear waters are so beautiful to look at and can calm all the 5 senses, perhaps even the sixth sense ;) !!! My personal opinion is that everyone should try Scuba for an experience of a lifetime. You just tend to relax down there and forget all the problems in life that you have up there!!! And not to mention if you are considering Scuba in Phuket, dont bother looking just drop an email to Andy.
There are some reasons mentioned below why I feel diving with Andy and his team is a better choice...
Firstly, Andy gives you one instructor who would be just for you giving you that personal feel which is extremely important for first timers as you would be nervous with lots of other crazy feelings. He could really calm you down and make sure you do that dive or atleast attempt it!!!
Secondly, you get to dive at three points rather than just 2 that others provide you. you would probably be charged for more dives as in the third dive with others.
Thirdly, most importantly is one's safety. With Andy around you need not worry as they know exactly what they are doing and you will be sure that you are in safe hands. I'm not saying diving with others may not be safe but I'm just saying that if you have one instructor for a group of 4 to 6 persons then definately I would not feel safe and trust me I mean that as I know how it feels!!!
Fourthly, Andy's Love and passion to aquatic life would make the whole diving even more meaningful as he would sit with you before and after the dives telling you what to expect and what you saw!!!

For those who think Andy is a little expensive, well i must agree he is expensive but hey you know what for me my life is worth more than a couple of thousand Bahts...So the choice is yours!!!

I was originally assigned an instructor named Tom but then there were some last minute changes and Carsten was my instructor instead and he was absolutely amazing no problems what so ever!!! The entire trip for 12 hours was memorable.
And ofcourse I was noticing Tom aswell, he was good too as he did help my wife initially when she attempted the first dive.
So all in all Andy has good instructors which will make me come back for a Scuba course next year for Sure!!!

So again, if you think Scuba in Phuket then it has to be with Andy!!! Well thats exactly whats gonna be for me & my wife next year for sure.

Other details:
You would be picked from your hotel by about 7:30 AM and dropped back at 7:00 PM (Approx. timings).
Breakfast & Lunch will be served onboard. Beer available at a very economical price onboard. :)
DO NOT and I mean DO NOT mess with the aquatic life/Corals beneath or Andy will kick ur ...

Hey Andy, sorry for the delay in writing this but had to catch up with some work.

So until next year!!! CHEERS MATE!!!

Sunil & Sheema!!!

Hey Sunil

Thank you for the fantastic review and yes was great to see you guys over come any fear you had and really enjoy the day. I also look foreward too also taking Sheema again in the water and of course for your open water course see you guys back here soon again thanks for a great day in the water and on the boat
Beirut, Lebanon
3 attraction reviews
“The Best Diving Experience I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I signed up with Andy to do the Advanced Open Water Course and Enriched Air (Nitrox) course over two days... I had such a great time that I booked another day for fun diving because I just couldn't get enough.

I have never seen anyone so passionate and enthusiastic about diving like Andy. He is so lively, so funny, so caring, he will go the extra mile to make you feel super comfortable and cared for. He likes to call it "pampered diving" :) The course was a very smooth ride because Andy made sure that I enjoyed it all the way... He is extremely thorough... I mean his briefing was excellent! He really knows the dive sites and the marine life that you would expect... He also shows you maps and explains the physical aspects of the dive sites and how we would be diving through, in what direction, what currents to expect, what areas to avoid, etc... etc... I learned a lot of things outside of the content of the course because he was so generous with sharing information and making sure that I understood everything along the way...

Under the water, I was really comfortable and really enjoyed buddying up with Andy... It was great to dive with someone who was as excited as I am when spotting a sea horse or a banded sea snake... you could see his eyes twinkle behind the mask... and he's done it hundreds of times!!!! that to me is beautiful... diving, to Andy, is not a job... it's what he loves to do, and you can feel that love brushing on to you.

Be sure to book him well in advance. I know I will the next time I visit Thailand.
Andy thank you thank you thank you
xx
Dana El Ahdab

Thanks Dana

It was a Joy to teach you and was fantastic for me when you came fun diving again after your course I really look foreward to you coming back and maybe even doing your rescue course next time see you soon
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great diving with a great entertainer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Andy is a larger-than-life character who operates on overdrive. From the moment he steps on board to when he sees you off on the transport home, he is constantly making sure that you're having the best possible time. For all his chat, he is very serious about his diving and went to great lengths to ensure the safety of my teenage children while diving. The boat he uses is great - it even had wifi! His equipment is first-rate and his rates are reasonable. We had a fab two days with him!

Visited April 2012
Hi Mike

Thanks for the review it was a pleasure to take you and your children diving with me and i am so glad that it was great for you guys and i hope to see you back soon
London
“Excellent-another great scuba trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My second trip with Andys Scuba Dive, exact repeat of my first..Excellent! I did the Discover Scuba Dive again, lack of time meaning I could not do the open water (yet!)

A great experience all round. Great instruction, great dive briefs (other people on the boat listening in as it was so good), and great service in and out of the water (he even puts your fins on for you!)

I did the Phi Phi and shark point dives on this trip. Great 3 dives (many discover dives just do 2), saw loads of sea life including sharks and turtles, great fun!

Boat crew were great, food was good and free soft drinks all trip made for another brilliant day.

Highly reccomend Andy to any diver, new or experienced, I will be back in June for open water!

Been to Andys Scuba Diving Phuket? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.