“Does what it says” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atsumi Retreat Healing Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Atsumi Retreat Healing Center
You added Atsumi Retreat Healing Center to your Saves list
34/18 Soi King Pattana 4 | Saiyuan Road, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
Phuket, Thailand
“Does what it says”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Spent four days at Atsumi, juice fasting and detox. As I live in Patong I did not stay but drove there every day.
Spent some time chatting with Sarah before booking my trip to ensure I got the right course for my schedule. Facilities are all geared up to support the various programs, quietly efficient staff, all very smiley knowledgable and supportive. Flexible to each clients needs, it's truly a relaxing place to spend a few days, juices and herbs and vitamins all supplied for the course. My thanks to Sophie Toh and Sarah, thanks to Amp for her great service lovely personality and smile. Only one slight criticism I had a massage every day as part of the treatment the ladies on day one, three and four ( same lady as day one) were just miserable, no smiles, almost abrupt, the actual massages were good but two out of the three ladies just look so damn unhappy, shame really, there is clearly an issue here as at least one of the other guests also said the same thing. However this did not detract from the overall experience. Well worth the money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sophie C, Responsable relations clients at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear S.

Warm Greeting from Atsumi :-)

Thank you very much for your feedback. We do noted your comments. Our Massage therapists normally take pride in providing superior service excellence with the smile. As a Management Team we will ensure that this happens on a consistent basis. We wish to welcome you back again soon.
Cheers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Normally, I am not the best candidate for this type of accommodation/healing center. Living in Costa Rica in a small beach town with a plethora of Expats, makes one tired and skeptical on new age and "woo woo" personas. I tend to witness a lot of hypocrisy where I live.

However, despite my prejudices, and reservations, I went to Atsumi in an effort to learn more about eating healthier and ways to change eating habits. Having battled different compulsive behaviour over my life makes me well aware that left on my own, I am destined for failure.

My almost 3 weeks at the centre was very pleasant. The staff and management was very committed to what they were doing. You were free to decide what is right for you in what you were looking to accomplish.

It has been 3 months now since my stay. I have learned a lot about food and what I am eating. I have also been able to adjust foods so I am not as hungry and do not feel deprived of tasty food. I am 20lbs lighter and confidently in my new life as a vegetarian. I feel a lot better physically and mentally and have implemented much of what I learned at Atsumi.

All the reservations I had about attending a workshop like this vanished. They made a program that feels personally uncomfortable in the beginning accomplishable. The staff was there to assist whenever needed and helped you with your goals.

Being in the accommodation business myself, I felt they did a great job with all aspects of the stay given the type of experience they were selling.

I will definitely return. I realize that for successful health, it is a lifestyle and not a diet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear C.

Warm Greetings from Atsumi :-)

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Atsumi and that all the team was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We have no doubt that you are applying what you learnt here to your everyday life and wish you continued success.

And it will be our pleasure to welcome you again at Atsumi.

Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I've visited numerous detox/health healing centres around Thailand, and Atsumi definitely comes out ahead of the rest.
The staff are always courteous, polite and smiling and tremendously knowledgeable and helpful. The meals are delicious, very nutritious and genuinely get the results you desire. I lost 7kg during my 2 week stay, and so inspired was I by the genuine results that I have become a dedicated raw foodie.
Incredibly I am now the raw food chef on a Facebook group called RAW FOOD ASIA with over 8000 members, and I also give public demonstrations of how to prepare raw food meals.
Without the inspiring guidance of the Atsumi staff and the total Atsumi experience, none of this would have been possible for me.

A massive thanks to all at Atsumi for this life changing experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear M.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedbacks. We appreciate you taking time to review Atsumi.

I am so pleased that you achieved so much during your stay with us, the results are due to your hard work and commitment to a fantastic program - well done! Congratulations to you and good luck for RAW FOOD ASIA. Cheers
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

An overall great experience for self-renewal and cleanse. Going in, I was hesitant about the fasting and twice-daily colonics but the staff were great to ease any anxiety I had. The staff at the colonic station are Atsumi's best assets in my opinion. Although it isn't a "nice" thing, the staff were always very friendly, helpful and bubbly and definitely helped to make a sometimes tedious, and unpleasant experience bearable. When we went it was a pretty busy time, and the place was booked out and things became unorganised and did not go as smoothly as it could have been. The resort itself was nice and the accommodation was also comfortable enough.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear M.

We appreciate your positive comments and we thank you to share your feedbacks on TripAdvisor.

It seems that the one item you were unhappy about was the mistakes in the schedule when Atsumi Center was fully booked and we do apologize for the dissatisfaction in regards of this issue.

Be assured that all actions has been taken in order to correct the inconvenience caused when the center is very busy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Rawai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This has been my second trip to Atsumi, and wont be the last.
very relaxing atmosphere, and very helpful staff.
A great place to take a little bit of time out, and review the last year, and think of what you would like to achieve / do differently in the coming year.

its well priced (none of the spa's are budget priced after all).
its very relaxing.
I lost a few KG's and gave up smoking. :)

Room Tip: pay a little more, and stay on site.....its more social, and as a general rule, there are some reall...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear G.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi, it is verification that we are doing a good job :-) We really appreciate your positive comments. We look forwards to seeing you again in the future and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat.
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

A wonderful and enriching experience, benefic not only for your body but also for your mind!

The entire team at Atsumi is very friendly and helpful, you will be guided by professionals and motivated by the oasis of inspiration you will find there. They are not only offering very good fasting programs, but also the chance to build / strengthen the awareness about a healthy life style.

I did a 7 days fast, that started with 2 days raw fast, followed by 3 days full fast and ended with 2 days raw fast. I recommend to follow their advices on ‘how to break the fast’ in order to ensure a smooth transition for your digestive system. I felt very good afterwards, renewed in many ways.

It is indeed an ‘invitation to transformation’. No matter what you thrive on, incorporating the things you learn there will without a doubt, make you healthier on the inside out.

Visiting Atsumi is a gift for yourself and I will certainly indulge myself with another one in the future. Thank you all at Atsumi for being as you are!

Ioana

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sophie C, Responsable relations publiques at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Ioana,

Thank you very much for your review, it was an absolute pleasure having you here at Atsumi. I am really happy that you achieve so good results. You did great job here at Atsumi and I congratulate you for your hard work and commitment.

Stay focused and I hope you continue to achieve great health and vitality. Please keep me updated :-)

I look forward to seeing you again next year !

Kind regards
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

A friendly and very professional environment with committed professionals ensuring you achieve a transformation into a brighter future. Do it, for yourself.

I did the full fast program for 5 days and followed it with 2 days on the raw fast. I recommend everyone ends with a raw fast to get the digestive system in order before you leave Atsumi. Unless you are confident of being in control of your diet when you return to whatever you do.

I will do it again, when I feel I need to.

Thank you to all the team at Atsumi, no names to mention in fear of forgetting someone.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sal,

Thank you so much for your comments, I appreciate you taking time to review Atsumi and sharing your experience and advice.

I agree with you. Switching to a full fast to a raw fast at the end of your stay is the best option. It really helps to make the transition before coming back to "real" life ;-) it gives the opportunity to increase your amount of work out, boost your metabolism and balance your weight once you leave Atsumi.

I wish you well on your journey to greater health and vitality and see you next year:-)

Kind regards

Been to Atsumi Retreat Healing Center? Share your experiences!