“Gorgeous place+staff, overpriced and disapointing food” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Gorgeous place+staff, overpriced and disapointing food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The setting is lovely, right on the water front - possibly one of the nicest in Rawai. The staff are all really friendly and welcoming and it has a great vibe about it. The pool looks lush too.

The food is overpriced and not very good. We are into veggie and vegan food so ordered the raw pizza, a salad and the raw nori rolls. The pizza was soggy and tiny for the price (250 baht) and the nori rolls were a bit on the tasteless size and seemed not very fresh, like they had been in the fridge for a while, possibly the reason the pizza was soggy too. The greek salad was really nice though.

With 2 juices it came to over 1100 baht. If it was delicious then the price would be justified and would be OK since it is a bit of a treat kind of place. We were also hungry when we finished and had to come home to eat lunch! The portion sizes should be bigger - especially for the prices charged. But like i said - gorgeous place and lovely staff so we will be going back - we just might not eat there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michael M, Director of Sales at Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, we particularly appreciate you noting the lovely staff.
I'm sorry you had a disappointing experience with two of your dishes. Your post has now been shared with the Chef and he is committed to ensuring that the kitchen crew are fully focused and doing the best job possible.
I can assure you that the Raw Nori Rolls are made fresh to order and are not prepared in advance and kept stored.
If you are still in Phuket, or are visiting again, please ask for me personally and I will do all I can to ensure that you experience our normal high quality levels of food.

68% Recommend
belgium
“Very relaxing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I like to go relaxing in friendship beach, food is good, service as well, sometimes slow but we're in thailand... And the place is simply great, about 2 or 3 meter from the water!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Michael M, Director of Sales at Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoy visiting regularly to dine and relax in our restaurant.
When you next dine here please let me know so that I can thank you in person.
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
“Misleading menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hi i was staying in serenity so decided to walk around so saw this beachside resort, location is good, ambiance is awesome.... but the Menu looks messed up, we ordered breakfast for 150 THB which said we can chose 2 egg dish from the list so we ordered scrambeled and omlete but later they said u can order one only from that so 150 THB for scrambeled.....so they came with boiled egg and scrambeled which i din't order , so i asked for omlete this time chef himself came and after lot of talk we decided just to settle down with scrambeled egg and said no to boil egg.

When finally bill arrived we saw they charged 150 THB for breakfast + 30 THB for boiled egg, excuse me boiled egg was part of breakfast , that also we returned.....

so overall i give 2 start just for ambiance....

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking time to post your review. I regret that you had such a poor experience, and I regret that I was not there to help address this immediately.
Even though you note the lovely location and ambience, from my position this was a complete disaster!
I have shown your post to the chef and restaurant supervisors, and I have explained to them very carefully how to avoid situations like this in the future, and if something so unfortunate was to happen again, how to handle it appropriately.
Our menu has been updated since you visited, so I trust there will not be this sort of confusion again.
If you are in Phuket again, please feel welcome to contact me directly so I can treat you to a much better experience.
London, United Kingdom
“friendly and relaxex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went here a couple of times as we were staying at the cohort resort. We had to walk at low tide only and there are lots of crabs but you get used to them. Good selection on the menu. The burgers are yum and so are the pork dishes. A family environment and very relaxed. The staff are friendly and it's a beautiful place to watch the sunset.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed the food, and you'll be pleased to know that we have expanded the range of high quality and really delicious burgers on the menu.
Do feel welcome to visit us again when you are in Phuket and try out the new offerings.
When you are here, please ask for me so I can thank you personally for posting your review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely -just what do people want?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Eaten at Friendship Beach many times, always early afternoon after a trip to the supermarket! Lovely dinner, usually a couple of pad thai's with a beer and a water for about £10. Is that expensive - when you're sat overlooking a stunning beach with nobody rushing you and I believe that you can use the pool too.
Can't wait until I'm back there in 3 weeks time.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your post.
You seem to really understand what it is we are offering here. A relaxed, casual environment, really good quality food, beautiful location, and friendly service.
Please do keep coming back again and again we really appreciate your patronage.