This is a great resort on Rawai Beach, Phuket. It's very clean, professional and the service is extremely good. The staff speaks English and even jokes around with you.
I suggest you rent the H20 suite, especially room #879, as that has two sides full of windows, the bathroom gets natural light and the toilet is partitioned, so you and your partner can use the bathroom at the same time to get ready. H20 suite is like a studio apartment with its own kitchen, living room and private pool on the roof. Being the corner suite, you will get great views. There are only two of these suites for rent, so make sure you get this one.
The spa is great value for the quality and service in the area. There are often discounts for multiple hours of treatment and packages are on offer. The therapists are well trained. For a two hour deep body massage, you will be paying around Baht2,600. Yes, it is doubled what you would pay for the local massage shops next door to the resort and across the street, but the level of massage and quality is night and day. I have tried the local massages around Serenity and you really do get one you pay for.
The gym is well equipped, so do check it out if you need to work off some pad thai like me.
The breakfast is a buffet and has everything from eggs made to order, meats, some Asia dishes, freshly made pancakes/waffles, salads, fresh juices and bread. Breakfast is right by the pool and you look out to the ocean. Try to book your reservation with breakfast included, otherwise it would cost around Baht500 per person and there's 10% service at 7% VAT. A breakfast alternative would be walk out to the left of the resort and go about 100 meters to Hoe Hock Lee, a coffee place that serves eggs, pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches. The coffee is not that strong, so go for the espresso. I recommend getting the grilled cheese with spinach and bacon. Pass of the smoothies as they're just really icies. You'll pay around half the price of Serenity's breakfast. There's also a bakery with fresh bread and premade sausages at the bakery across the side street from the 7-11 that is across from Serenity.
As for food alternatives in the area, this is the real problem with the location. There are no real local joints in the area. The closest one is Saigon Vietnamese which is to the right of the resort when you walk out and about 150 meters. It looks very nice from the outside, but the food is quite oily and overpriced. The owners are very nice, French husband and Thai wife (she's still a head turning at her age, hehe). Service by them and the local staff are great. For a bowl of pho, braised pork back, fried rice, deep fried spring rolls, 2 beers and a Coke was about Baht1,000. That's quite high for only mediocre food. For that amount, you might as well stay at Serenity and eat better Thai food.
There are other food options, but they are a bit far to walk to. Even walking to Tesco at the traffic light will take you 20 minutes in the blazing sun or into headlights coming pretty fast at you at night. The local taxi guys that sit/sleep right outside of the resort is the only taxi company allowed to service the area, so don't bother to call a cheaper taxi from outside. Going anywhere 10-15 mins from the resort in a car would cost about Baht300 each way. Going to Patong would be about Baht600-700 and airport Baht1,000. Try to negotiate, but these guys are pretty stubborn. If you rent a small car, it's about Baht1,000 or a scooter around Baht250 per day. Scooter is always the way to go if you're a skilled driver and have driven in Southeast Asia, though it's not as crazy at Saigon, haha. My recommendation would be to rent a scooter and hit up Tesco and cook a few meals. Rest of time eat at the resort and enjoy the view.
You're at Serenity, so your mind should be at peace. Just stay at the resort and relax. If you want to go around Phuket and check out the sites, then this location may not be the best for you.
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in Chalong Bay, on Phuket's sunrise coast, Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket will surprise and delight its privileged guests. Just 64 sumptuous, oversized rooms, suites and stunning beach residences. Some residences enjoying their own generous sized private pools, providing the highest standards of comfort and luxury. Contemporary design, flawless personalized service and ultimate nautical lounging experiences. Serenity's facilities include the East 88 Beach Lounge, a fully equipped gym, FREE WiFi access across the resort and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Splendia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serenity Resort And Residences Phuket
- Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket Hotel Rawai
- Outrigger Serenity Terraces Hotel
- Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket Rawai