I last stayed in Serenity in Dec 2012 and my family loved it so much that we are back here again in 6 months! We stayed for 7 nights in a pool residence.
The Good points:
- As usual, the check-in was quick and efficient and we did not have to wait long before we were shown to our room. Got our luggage very quickly too and the kids immediately opened their bags, changed into their swimsuits and were playing in the pool less than 30 mins after checking in.
- Unlike the last stay, this time, Serenity provided an insect repellent spray in the room for guests. This was very much appreciated and very useful.
- Although 6 months had passed since our last visit, the rooms looked exactly the same and it shows the standard of maintenance. Could not find any fault with the furnishing and fixtures.
- The food and still as good as ever. We had room service practically everyday. Also arranged for a private pool-side bbq one night for 2000THB per person. Well worth the money as the food was amazing. They set up a salad bar in the room and a bbq pit by the pool. Quality food and quantity was more than sufficient - on offer was steak, lamb chops, chicken, tuna steaks, crab, 2 types of prawns. I did not manage to eat everything. The head chef (I think) also visited during the bbq to ask if everything was alright. He obviously took great pride in the food.
- The breakfast spread was not large, but had enough variety to please everyone. As usual, the quality of the food was excellent and I really enjoyed breakfast every morning.
- As we had just stayed 6 months ago, most of the staff recognised us. Some even remembered which room we had stayed in in Dec 2012. We were made to feel most welcome.
- The Concierge (Man) deserves special praise. We had arranged for a longtail boat to Coral Island but on the day of the planned excursion, Man told us that the boat's overhead shelter had been ripped off by strong winds and suggested that we defer the trip to another day as it was blazing hot. Upon seeing my kids' disappointment, he managed to arrange another boat after 15 mins so that we could proceed with our excursion. It was a great effort and we really enjoyed ourselves. As we checked out really early to leave for the airport on the last day, I did not manage to convey my thanks to Man. Will do so the next time we are there - and we will certainly want to go back to Serenity.
- We checked out early for an early departure flight and Serenity took the effort to pack a huge breakfast for each member of my family. One large box each, containing sandwiches, pastries, bottled water, 2 types of fruit and hard boiled eggs. There was so much food that we just decided to take 2 boxes to be shared between the 4 of us.
One bad point:
- On our first night, we had a group of neighbours in the adjacent pool residence who were extremely boisterous and noisy. They started their poolside bbq at about 9.30 pm and their loud talking and laughter went on until after 11.30 pm. Being right next door, we could hear every single word and the noise kept us up for a long time when all we wanted was a good first night's sleep. We complained to the hotel duty manager several times, and the hotel staff spoke to the guests several times to no avail. Ultimately, if the guests are inconsiderate, there is not much the hotel could do, although they did certainly try. The pool residence had a maximum occupancy of 6 persons, but this group of young adults had friends staying the the rooms in the main building who joined them for the bbq at the pool residence. So, this large group of people right next door cause us much unhappiness the first night. Thankfully, they checked out after our second night in Serenity. The GM (Urs) spoke to me a couple of days after and that was appreciated. I should clarify that this it NOT a complaint about Serenity. I have only good things to say about Serenity. I just hope/pray that during my next stay there, I will not encounter such neighbours.
Finally, over the past week, my family had a great time in Serenity. It was everything we hoped for a holiday and for some family bonding time. We have already decided that we will come back to Serenity at least once a year because we enjoyed our holiday so much! Looking forward to our next stay there.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you so much for visiting us again and for your great review!
Report response as inappropriate
We tried everything we could to quiet down your neighbours on that one night but they got a bit carried away with their party on the terrace.
Let's hope that it wont happen again for your next stay at Serenity.
Sincerely, Urs - General Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.