“Worth the time and money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Vijitt Resort Phuket

You added The Vijitt Resort Phuket to your Saves list
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Moo2, Viset Road | T. Rawai A.Muang Phuket 83130, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Rawai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Worth the time and money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Husband and I were there for 4 days. Greeted by English speaking staff who provided great personal service.

Stayed in villa facing the sea. Awesome to be awaken by birds chirping and the seas.

Food was limited but a variety of choice.

Love the fact they provided shuttle service to various tourist attractions. We went to Patong and Nai Harn beach. Could not explore Coral Island as it was deemed unsafe due to occasional rains. We chartered an affordable trip with the resort to Promthep Cape and the scenery took my breath away!

Overall this resort is worth the time and money to explore!

• Stayed June 2013
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Audsamwong,

Thank you for taking the time to review in TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Vijitt Resort Phuket.

As a well traveled guest in the tourism industry, your comments are very valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service to guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's service and facilities. Your positive comments are much appreciated and have been passed on to the staff who are delighted to be at your service.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Phuket include the Vijitt Resort where we will await to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Peerawut Kunchorn
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here from 12-15th June, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The service from the staff was simply exceptional. All of them were polite and friendly, and they made a commendable effort in making sure that you are feeling comfortable throughout the stay at Vijitt.

We had reserve a deluxe villa, but we were upgraded to a sea view!! We really appreciate the kind gesture, and we also managed to check In early with no difficulties despite arriving early at around 1000hrs.

The villa was simply breathtaking. Lots of greenery surrounding the villa and the view was magnificent. It was near perfect. We love the villa and it was very comfortable. Room service was prompt and efficient. And buggies were available if you prefer not to walk to the main lobby.

The infinity pool was wonderful and though it was raining for 2 days, we managed to have a morning dip daily.
Such a quiet and serene place, and we were able to leave all out work stress behind.

The Savoury served above average food, and service was excellent as well. We also managed to explore. The muddy beach during low tide and there were lots of hermit crabs!! Interesting!!

Venture out and Rawai offers cheap and quality Thai food. It's about 6km to Rawai beach and we managed to reach there on foot. We preferred to explore the streets of Rawai by walking. The resort offers private transport if needed.

We also managed to travel to several other areas with the complimentary transport offered daily by the resort. It was essential and wonderful to have such a service provided.

Just a note that mosquitoes are normal. We brought along our own mosquito coils even though the resort offers repellent. Just for additional precaution.

Nevertheless, it was a trip that was well worth it and we are looking forward to coming back to Vijitt!! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Edwin T,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are so delightful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the activities.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next holiday with our warm and gracious Thai hospitality in the near future soon.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've visited Phuket quite a few times. We usually stay in the Mai Khao area.
This time I travelled alone, I just wanted to scape for a short getaway and practice some yoga.
Knowing the size of the island and what how transportation is in Phuket, I decided to pick a place close to the yoga center this time.

From reading the the reviews I chose The Vijiit resort. The reviews looked amazing, I didn't have much time to plan this trip so I didn't went through all of them.

I'll start telling you about the area around the resort. Just a couple of days before my trip, a friend of mine told me about the beach, how it would be almost impossible to swim, but I thought I wouldn't mind.
It was a bit disappointing to find that there were no beach restaurants near by or food stalls. The massage stalls along the beach were also absent. But the pool area compensates enough, that is of course if you didn't sit in a plane for 14hrs flights longing about the beach.
Well I thought, no local food or massages by the beach, but at least my room was gorgeous enough, that was the excuse I was looking for to order room service. I was really in a very zen mood, the view, service, great, great, great.

What reviewers said it's true about the resort. The rooms or at least mine with sea view , was fantastic. Well equipped, nice and large bathroom, great bathtub..only the outdoor shower was a bit too damp therefore plenty of mosquitos keeping me company.
The gardens are pretty, the way to the lobby is a bit hilly but they always have the buggy service ready to spoil you.

Everything was going perfect until I realized after half hour that I had forgot a set of tools at the airport. I really needed those tools for the work I was planning to do the following days, but I knew we were quite far from the hotel and I wouldn't travel another hour just to take them. I was planning to leave them behind but I really needed to use them that weekend. I called reception and inform them about my problem.
They wanted to charge me a fee higher than the airport pick up service fee. I tried to reason with them and I was explaining that for sure the car from the hotel will go a pick up someone else to the airport. I wasn't asking for someone to go after my luggage. I was asking them to pick up a set of tools from the lost and found office.

The girl who checked me in at reception, initially offered to try to convince the driver (wait a minute?? Doesn't the driver work for the hotel??). She said they were willing to help so I took that as a yes. I went all the way to reception and they started bargaining with me for how much I was willing to pay. At this point I freaked out and went back to the room. Just to call again and make my final offer, which they gladly took it.

From that moment on, I felt ripped off all the time. I was a female traveling alone, of course I was going to need their "limousine service" to every destination I went. But every time I asked for a price, they will tell me something
different. Now, I know that if it's your first time in this island you have no idea of the prices (taxis are also ridiculous, but that's the way it is) but I did, and I also knew that one day they will charge me certain amount and the next day they will want to charge me even more to go to a place closer to the hotel. When I requested that they call a taxi for me, I was informed that it was hotel policy not to to hail cabs from the street. (Are you kidding me?) At that point I did shout at the reception staff and told them that they were actually not making my holiday any pleasant.

This message is for the management. Your guests or at least myself , feel like you are ripping us off. So where does that money go??, if I wouldn't bargain enough, the reception staff, driver and hotel will all get a great cut??
You should have standard rates that are visible for the guest and are strictly followed. Period.

I actually went to the trouble to go out and wait for taxis to come by from that moment on. Against my husband will, I decided not to hire the car service back to the airport, just because I felt cheated.

Service is excellent, the resort is more for honeymoon couples. If you want to travel alone, you have to realize that there is not much around, you will have to travel a good 20 min to Kata or other areas with more amenities.
The staff is aware of the location. They do offer shuttle service to some areas of the island. But if it's not your route, be prepared to get rip off.

It's a shame, things like this, is what differentiate other amazing resorts: the willingness to make the guests experience...unforgettable. This incident made mine regrettable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Ms Travelbug 76,

Thank you for taking the time to resend your review again, while staying with us. Your comments are very useful for us to be better service to our valued customers and I am truly sorry to read that you felt our service was lacking in some areas.

1) The hotel location
We are located in the Southern tip of island called "Friendship Beach" and also on the unspoiled area. The Rawai Beach is very close to the hotel, it is only 10 minutes drive, and also many restaurants and bars. The Chalong pier is also about 15 minutes drive with also lots of choices for restaurants and bars and many recommendation from hotel list as well.
There are many guest attractions such as, The Promthep Cape-to see the sun set with the very beautiful view. Many of tourists love to go there for picture taking. The Big Buddha and Chalong Temple etc.
The beach, on the east side of the island, there are all tidal beaches with high tide and low tide however the very benefit with these are 1) there are no any motor scooter run around the beach. 2) there are no any vendor group on the beach to disturb you while relaxing. 3) there are no outsiders to walk along the beach. and the beach is very calm whatever season (high or low season). On the other hand, we also provide the customers with free shuttle buses to another beach and also to a shopping area and also Patong beach.

2) Transportation
The transportation on the island consider very expensive not only at Rawai area but also the entire of the island. For guests who like to travel over the island, we recommend to rent a car because it will be less your travel cost. The hotel uses out source transportation however I do apologize for the incident and will adjust to suit our guest needs.

3) The shuttle bus service
We try very hard to locate the best destination to suit our customers however there are still many destinations that we cannot combine into the schedule however the limousine is available for you for any routes.

We set ourselves high standards and I will address the points you raised to my team to immediately adjustment.

Ms Travelbug 76, I do apologize and if I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at hm@vijittresort.com

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Extortionate for Thailand. UK equivalent average prices:
Soft drink- (80p in Phuket town) £3 in the resort
Beer- (£1 in Phuket town) £2 in the resort
A light lunch for one- £9
A single one course meal - £19
They say secluded, they mean marooned. You cannot walk to bars/ restaurants (other than a vegan cafe for which you have to cross a duel carriageway). So unless you make an expensive 30min+ taxi ride you are stuck.
The hotel provides transport to Coral Island and Central Festival Phuket Town (a shopping mall) which you can book a day in advance. There are few time options- once or twice a day. They also provide evening entertainment a couple of times a week eg singing (hummmm) in the restaurant but only if you book a dinner table.
Our villa was not cleaned twice a day ( I don’t mind but they shouldn’t advertise it if its not true) the room was never cleaned until around 5pm all week.
The beach is gritty stony sands. We walked half a mile along it when the tide was out hoping to find a beach or bars – it goes nowhere and isn’t a pleasant walk.
The staff were friendly but their English was not as good as other resorts. Customer service was ok but once again, not anywhere near the high Thai standard.
Good:
Our deluxe villa was beautiful. The pool and gardens were also beautiful. The whole place looks stunning. It’s peaceful and a great place to read a book in the sun.... I ran out of books.
At night hundreds of hermit crabs scuttle along the sand- if you stay here it’s worth seeing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emm 1545889,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review to TripAdvisor. While we are delighted that you were enjoy with the villa as well as the nature while staying with us however we are truly sorry to read that you felt our service was lacking in some areas. Please allow us to give you with some explanation.

- The prices are too high
Our menu with varieties of food selection not only main course but also Starters, Salads, Sandwiches, Soups, Seafood, Pasta, Pizzas, Thai Snacks, Noodles & Rice and also Vegetarian and Thai Food. The prices are different and also depend on the material using. There are some import material thus the price will be higher than the local one.

- During your stay, there were 3 times a week for dinner buffet with different theme nights such as Thai Night, BBQ Night and International however the restaurant is also open for guests who did not join the buffet as well.

- The shuttle bus service, we try very hard to locate the best destination to suit our customers
the limousine is available for you for any routes.

- The villa cleaning
The standard for cleaning is one a day not twice however our staff who made a courtesy call can help if you wish to have twice a day. However we will improve the cleaning time to be before 5 pm and I apologize for the delay.

- English is not standard
Thank you for mention this topic as we are on going with English training and hope this comment will be decrease very soon.

All In all, while the customers are staying with us our front desk will always give courtesy calls to our customers for the stay as well as any customers need.

We set ourselves high standards and we will address the points you raised to our team so that the improvement will be processed.

Emm 1545889, thank you very much for your kind comments and we look forward to having you back again when you travel to Phuket with our Thai hospitality and warm welcome.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

From the time we reached Vijitt, service was excellent. Our personal attendant, Bee, came to us,introducing herself and the various activities available at the resort. Transport within the huge resort is via the buggy rides when we wanna get to our villa or restaurant for daily breakfast. They paid attention to details, asking if the bed and pillows are comfortable to us. I requested for a firmer pillow and indeed,it was there when I went back to resort at end of the day.

Toilet was very spacious,with a very nice rain shower and a huge bathtub.insect repellant was also available,which was a considerate act.

On our 2nd night, upon returning back to resort after a long day, I had a shock.Our bed was 60% covered with flies,on the bed linen and pillows. The 1st day rained heavily,possibly explaining why this is happening. I called the room service for help. They came promptly to clear up the bed,made sure everything is fine before leaving. I couldnt deny that the service was good but this incident kinda made me not have a comfortable sleep that night.

Being able to enjoy in the nature..within this beautiful resort..is indeed a luxury and I kind of expect there will be issues with mosquitoes etc. I believe the resort have some control measures with frequent foggings. Maybe more attention can be made especially during rainy seasons to avoid similae incidents from happening.aside from this, commendable service indeed!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Yagiza,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially with Bee who is your host during the stay.

We do serve our valued customers with care and look after them as our relative as well as with our heart.

Skien, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had the best time when we stayed at Vijit in february.
Great straff, perfect bungalow with a lovely swimming pool. Watched the sun rise from the bed with a view over the beach. The kids loved the rotunda. Enjoyed the food and the lovely garden. The only - was the lady spoiling the Aqua aerobic for us. ( she turned of the music even though the aerobic where annonsed several days in advace and was rude to the staff)
And i had the best spa experience ever!!! The small trolley cars picked us up whenever we neded it, so even my mum with hip problems enjoyed the resort very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wenche O,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the activities.

We hope that the readers will recall the situation since last February with one family complaints about the aqua aerobic and thank you for your support us.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently spent 8 nights at the Vijitt. It was the first time either of us had been to Thailand. The resort is lovely, and the amentities are great; staff are very professional and friendly. Attention to detail seemed to be a focus here, which we really appreciated. It is built for relaxation, and it delivers on this. Only trouble we had was that the resort is a little out of the way. We didn't feel up to driving as the road rules appeared very diferent to what we are used to, so to get out and absorb the culture and see what was out there meant we had to take taxis etc. You get used to haggling on price but it can be a strain at times. On reflection, we should have hired a car and taken our time to get around by ourselves instead, but hey - it didn't break the bank by any stretch, and it enabled us to sit back and let someone worry about getting us where we needed to go.
Food at the resort - good, reasonably priced. Breakfasts were really nice, consistently good through the whole time we were there.
The resort is hilly in places, but if you don't feel like walking back from the bar or the restaurant, you can request a buggy that will take you back! All you have to do is ask!
Gardens are immaculate, there's a 40m infinity pool that is completely glorious.
If mosquitos like you, don't hesitate to get a plug-in mozzie zapper to keep you bite free during the night, but you'll still need something effective for evening. We found Boots the chemist over there and bought the strongest roll-on we could find and that did the trick.
Shopping venues vary in the quality of goods that are on offer. Night markets are always good, if you like paying for copies of everything from LV bags to DVD's. If you want quality there's Central Festival and there's an Outlet mall close by Central that's good as well. For ladies, if you're a UK size 8 or 10 you'll find there's lots of choice. Less so for those of us who don't fit that category!
Recommend the spa on site, too - had a body scub followed by Thai massage: excellent, really lovely - my skin felt amazing afterwards!
Overall, we would recommend the Vijitt as a haven for relaxation. If you're looking for something with more going on just outside the resort, it's not going to work and you must be prepared to hop on transport to get there.

Room Tip: If a short hilly walk will affect your enjoyment, ask to have a room closest to the bar and resauran...