“A Truly Memorable Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

You added Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre to your Saves list
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   27/1 Soi Mittrapap | Friendship Beach, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly Friendship Beach Resort & Spa by iCheck Inn)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Rawai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“A Truly Memorable Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

What a phenomenal place! While I didn't stay here, I did get engaged to my girlfriend here.

I had been planning the event for a month or more and the staff was more than willing to help me pull it off.

They were able to give us a beach front reserved table and even had staff come in to help light sky lanterns for the event.

Although I was previously given the option of having a special meal prepared, I chose to eat off of the menu. The food was absolutely top notch and very affordable. I couldn't have been happier with the evening.

The staff went out of their way to make the night special. They are so very friendly and welcoming. Honestly, I wish I would have stayed at the resort. It really is gorgeous. You won't find another beach front hotel in Phuket with prices like Friendship Beach.

Whether you simply go there to eat or want to vacation there, I don't think you can go wrong.

They are awesome!

• Stayed April 2013
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
May your marriage defy the odd and last forever. It was a pleasure to be a part of your ceremony and thanks for the lovely comments.

Blessings to you both,
STARR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days here in mid-March. I arrived here a week and a half into our 2 week Thailand vacation with wax impacted upon my eardrum which was really bumming out my vacation. Upon explaining my problem to Starr he and Jay immediately arranged an appointment with his doctor at the hospital in Phuket. Within a two hour period after checking in, I had a taxi to the hospital, saw the doctor who fixed my ear, and was back by the pool at Friendship Beach ready to resume vacation! Now THAT is service! Pool is marvelous. Food is great. Staff very responsive and friendly. Live music on Friday nights is nice. My only complaint is that the Europeans who stay here smoke incessantly. Yuck. Being from the US, I've been spoiled by our no smoking laws. The resort is kind of isolated unless you have a vehicle. The main road is too trecherous to walk so we rented a motor scooter (cheap and fun! The taxi service in/around Phuket is a racket) from across the road for several days to go to Rawai and beyond. Thank you, Starr and staff, for a wonderful end to our vacation!

Room Tip: One bedroom poolside room was perfect! We had our own little patio looking out at the pool and the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
And thank you for your review. We appreciate being able to be of service. We all know that's the most rewarding thing in life.

We hope to have you with us again and without an impacted ear with wax.

Many blessings,
Clinton Corners, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Friendship is a great alternative to the big resorts on Phuket. The setting is lovely. The staff is extraordinary and the food is quite good. We were there for 9 days while my son recovered from a hospital stay in Phuket. There could not have been a better place anywhere because the people are so kind and caring, the pool is lovely, and all the Phuket tourist sites are accessible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
To get a review like his from someone from New York who has traveled the world is truly gratifying and much appreciated. Every day we saw improvement in your son and the staff was inspired by this. Many blessing to you both and may he fully recover. You are an exceptional mom.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I came 2 years ago in a very quiet and ventilated place. I spent 3 nights in an crowded and expensive place (3.800 TB/ night). No swimming in the sea, but many wind surfing, horse riding for the tourists. There is a 7/11 shop on the other side of the busy four lanes Rawai road.

My room was luxurious and huge, but claustrophobic, because the small terrace was surrounded by a 1,60 m wall. Bathroom had a with very good shower.

Room Tip: Book on Internet for better price
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
2 years ago? Phuket is certainly busier than 2 years ago, it is a very popular destination. That’s why so many visitors appreciate our quiet small resort, with great privacy, set well off the main road next to the beach.

I’m glad that you appreciated the large room, which at 3,800 B per night, is excellent value for a waterfront property in Phuket during high season. It would be surprising if you can get such great value anywhere else in Phuket at this time.

We only have 30 rooms, so it’s not a crowded resort, although quite a few people will visit for lunch or dinner as we have a great menu (Thai, Vegetarian, Western) and location.

Many visitors enjoy the water-sports available including kite surfing, paddle boarding, beach combing, and horse riding. There are also other wonderful activities we can help to organize for our guests.
Duisburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff is super friendly and helpful. The general atmosphere is relaxed and family-friendly. If you're looking for an alternative to the overcrowded places on Phuket's West Coast, go to Friendship Beach.
The beach is not perfect for swimming, the pool serves as a great alternative though. Daytrips around Phuket Island are easily bookable - everything is within reach.
The restaurant by the pool and the beach serves awesome food - Thai as well international food are being prepared according to highest standards. Eat all the fresh veggies and fruit without having to fear getting sick.
If you wish to take a break from resort life, the neighborhood offers plenty of local restaurants, barbers etc.

• Stayed February 2013
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Obviously you have been with us before. We are pleased that we live up to your high standards of travel. Please let us know the next time you stay with us and we will welcome you with a bottle of wine or, if you are not a wine drinker, something from our extensive vegetarian/vegan menu.

Many Thanks and Blessings to You,
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here in Sept 2012 for 8 nights on a 7 day raw food detox. This was my first faw food detox so i wasn't sure what to expect. I found the staff to be extremely helpful, informed and available to answer any questions I had. The days are full on busy, i found the first two days were tough but the benefits were worth while.

I stayed on site for the detox and the location was peaceful with beautiful views of the ocean. The rooms are large and clean with bottled water daily, sky tv and a really good wifi signal.

I'll hopefully make it back one day and have recommended to several friends and colleagues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Good for you. We know it takes a bit of commitment to jump into something you have never done before but, as you experienced, it does wonders for you. The atmosphere and setting help to improve your success and staying experience but it is you who are to be congratulated for the effort you put forth.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.

Blessings,
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Friendship Beach resort for a total of 12 days including 10 days doing a detox fast at Atmanjai next door.

First - the detox - at Atmanjai. This was my first time fasting. I initially booked in for 5 days as I wasn't sure I could do longer. I ended up doing 8 days of fasting and then 2 days raw food (with 2 more days of healthy food at the SuperNatural restaurant at Friendship Beach). I anticipated the fast being a lot harder than it was. I thoroughly enjoyed the morning yoga (a surprise to me). The staff are absolutely lovely. I lost 7kg's (how much of it stays off remains to be seen and, I appreciate, is entirely up to me).

I did have a few problems with feeling very gassy (which meant I didn't drink the water I was supposed to, felt sick even looking at the supplements and had about 1/2 of the psyllium husk shakes I was supposed to). I am sure there is a rational explanation but I didn't feel was addressed properly while I was there and it has remained for the week since I left... and given it was my first detox, it made me a little uneasy. It certainly wouldn't stop me doing the program again and there were many return guests which is a great testament.

In addition to wanting to detox, I turned up with a torn achilles tendon. 'Morn' (one of the masseurs) managed to make more progress in 3 (painful) massages than a physiotherapist had made in 8 months. I called her hands weapons of mass destruction! If you turn up with physical ailments it is well worth booking Morn to iron out any issues with her traditional Thai healing techniques.

SuperNatural restaurant - the food is exceptional. If you are wanting to get away and feel fantastic when you return home, I would highly recommend the restaurant at Friendship Beach Resort. Charlie, the chef, is a gem and was happy to share some of his secrets to making raw food taste delicious. Our impromptu cooking class was a highlight of my trip. There is raw food, vegan and vegetarian options and also all those other (less healthy) options you want to see on a menu when you just want to vege out and eat burgers, steak and fries. Something for everyone, but for me it was the healthy food that I really appreciated because I don't take the time to prepare it at home and it is lovely to have a professional chef do it for me!

Friendship Beach Resort is not 5 star, but it is wonderful... so it depends what you're looking for. The staff are incredibly sweet, remember your name and really make the place what it is. This seems to be a business that really cares about its people and it is rewarded in spades with long term, loyal staff that seem happy and to get on really well and work well as a team. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are clean and well appointed and given I was doing a detox, I didn't want too much luxury (otherwise I would have wanted the martini to do with it)! My room was clean, comfortable and more than adequate. I had an ocean front room and it was great... the view is just beautiful, any time of day. I would definitely recommend Friendship Beach Resort and Atmanjai for anyone wanting to hit the reset button.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for your lovely review. We aim to please and, more importantly, have our detox/wellness participants gain the many results they are expecting. Although the program may seem difficult at first, the overwhelming benefits are worth the effort as you experienced.

Spread the word, let's get everyone into a healthier lifestyle. We look forward to seeing you again.

Very best,
STARR

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!