“One of the best places I've ever stayed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

You added Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre to your Saves list
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   27/1 Soi Mittrapap | Friendship Beach, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly Friendship Beach Resort & Spa by iCheck Inn)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Rawai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
auckland
“One of the best places I've ever stayed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort is friendship by name and friendship by nature. It really has the feel of a family run place because the staff are so friendly and pleasant. Clearly the staff here are treated well and consequently are happy in their work. My experience was of exceptional service, key staff remembering my name, and a totally relaxing and friendly atmosphere. The office staff are particularly helpful and keen to ensure you have a happy stay; they cheerfully advise and get things organised taking the hassle out of all sorts of arrangements and planning.
In terms of the resort itself the accommodation is excellent, immaculately maintained and clean; the environment, bar, pool etc are most pleasant; and the food from the restaurant is great.
The location at Friendship Beach is quiet and very pleasant; well away from the bustle of the larger centres such as Patong, yet not far by scooter or taxi. Rawai is just down the road a couple of kilometres and has an assortment of bars and restaurants. Oh, and at the top of the lane leading to the Resort is a coffee shop serving excellent espresso!
Thank you all for what was a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Mine was a standard double room without a beach view. This was no big deal as the resort is small so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review and positive comments. Since you are a seasoned traveler, you obviously appreciate something special and personal. Yes, we are small, but then we can attend with sincere friendliness to the guests and welcome them as family. Your comments reflect our aim.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we stayed 20/10/12 to the 29/10/12, and had the best time ever. There were 4 of us and 2 of them got married and it was a very memorable day, the staff were fanastic through our whole stay makin us all feel very comfortable and there service was awesome with both thumbs up. I loved the menu and between all 4 of us we tried alot of different meals and i cant complain about any of them. Again with the service they all do with a smile and it makes u feel very welcoming. My highlight of our days spent there were yummy morning brekkys by the pool in front of a awesome view and my relaxin evenings with a few drinks also in front of that awesome view. I will be back 4 sure

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We tried to make your stay memorable and it appears that we succeeded. It is rewarding to us that you rated the menu so highly and the friendly service staff the same.

You surely will be welcomed with open arms on your future visits. Thanks very much for your wonderful review. The staff are very pleased.

Blessings to you and Happy Marriage to those involved,
Bendigo, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for 10 nights with my mum, as a relaxing low-key holiday and Friendship Beach gave us exactly that. Our beachfront room was lovely and so were the views from it.

There was hardly anyone here so we almost had the place to ourselves. The food was delicious and made up of various styles and had very healthy or not-so-healthy foods (I liked both!). The pool was a good size and we spent a lot of our time in between the pool and the beach, which was lovely.

The beach is very tidal so not a great place to swim, although I did venture out a few times when the tide was in. Lovely to look at though.

There was small maintenance getting done around the pool throughout our stay (Sept 2012) and while I realise that it has to be done at some stage, on a few days the noise was a bit irritating and encouraged me to stay on our beachfront patio or venture up the road to a local pedicure/massage shop. Not a massive issue, really.

The staff were very friendly and incredible kind and helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

One thing to be mentioned is that if you plan to head out and see different areas of Phuket (as we did), be prepared to spend a bit of money on taxis. It's quite far away from most places, but we didn't mind doing this as we had the peace and quiet to come back to!

There is a busy market in Phuket Town on the weekends which is well worth a visit - lots to choose from, lots of local food and hardly any stall owners hassling you to buy!

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Friendship Beach. Thanks!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lovely review and we thank you very much. You are the type of visitors we like to cater to: those wanting a quiet and lovely resort next to the ocean with a great staff and wonderful food.

I guess you were here when we introduced our extensive vegetarian/vegan new menu of which we are quite proud. And, as you noted, we kept the usual resort fare for those who are less health minded and desire to 'let it all go' while on vacation.

Blessings to you,
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

we stayed at Friendship Beach for 10 nights 08/10/12-18/10/12. it is very quiet and peacefull.It was like having our own private pool most of the time.we had visited this hotel before and used the facilities so Knew what it was like. it is approx 4k from Rawai Beach and a taxi costs 200baht. 500baht to Kata,Karon,Patong.there is a bus that goes to phuket town along the main road.the rooms are very clean and comfortable.the air con was a little noisey.i would recommend upgrading to a pool view or beach view room.the food was good but my husband was a little disappointed that there was no Beef Steaks on the menue as not everyone wants to detox.we had to pay 1000baht return to go to Kata to get a good steak. would rather have spent that on drinks at the hotel. all in all we enjoyed our stay and would go back again.a very relaxing holiday.
i

Room Tip: upgrade to a pool/beach view room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for y our favorable comments. You came when we were in the process of expanding our 'healthy' menu and we had to drop some of our old time favorites to allow the staff to get everything right. We now have developed 3 extraordinary menus: Thai, Western and Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw. Next time you come your husband can have his beef steak.

We look forward to your return.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were in Rawai in June / July this year and went to Friendship beach on a number of occasions. We had my husband's 50th Birthday dinner there and the scenery on the water was spectacular. There was 13 of us and they set up a long table right on the waters edge and we had a wonderful night. The menu was diverse with lots to choose from, both western and asian tastes catered for and even mexican and a few Italian dishes too. There was plenty to choose from and everyone was pretty happy with their meal. The wait staff are very friendly and efficient which in Phuket can be a bit of a hit and miss affair but the team did a great job of keeping eveyone happy. The kids took their bathers and spent the night getting in and out of the pool and spa which they have no issue with if you are eating / drinking there.
Our party also had breakfast and lunch there on different days and each time we thought the food was decent and the cocktails delicious. Take your bathers as you can have a swim between drinks to cool off.
They do have happy hour and their cocktails are a good size so worth going in for a sundowner even.
To put this in perspective, we were staying in Rawai (15 minutes away) with many restaurants and cafes to eat in close by but we visited Friendship Beach many times as the scenery and location was gorgeous. The food decent with so much to choose from and the staff friendly and happy to have you be their guest. The cost to eat there is not super cheap but not expensive either. We thought for Phuket and the location it was good value. The equivalent in Rawai is Nikkita's and Friendship Beach for us is our preferred option. The scenery is nicer and it comes with no mosquitoes which is a plus! And happier wait staff.
The signage to get to Friendship beach could be better so you do have to keep an eye out for the little drive way the to the resort.

Room Tip: If you love dining outdoors on the water with friendly staff this place is for you. Lots of couples...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
WOW! We tried hard to please you and your review says it all. Since you have been here we have added extensive Vegetarian and Vegan items as well which are a hit with those who are watching their diet. We thank you for your kind comments.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Through a recommendation from a friend we decided to book 2 nights at the resort during our honeymoon at the Waterfront King with Jacuzzin room . We liked the place so much, we stayed for an extra night and came back for another night (although we decided to change rooms for a cheaper category, which were as nice as all other rooms we saw) before returning to Bangkok. We were unlucky with the weather, but even on a rainy day, it is a beautiful place. The food at the restaurant is really good and the best part is the staff. We instantly felt like family. Anong, May, Memo and everyone else always made sure we were enjoying our stay and everyone was really helpful at all times. We will recommend it to our friends and will try to come back some day!

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterfront are nice, but since you can spend the whole day at the pool looking at the o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very positive comments. I think you came to the perfect place for your honeymoon as we are located away from the "maddening crowd" and the usual tourist hype. It was a pleasure to be of service to you.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

IT Professional with over 30 years of stressful corporate society experience on the East Coast. This is my first detox and I decided to go big or go home – Master Cleanse 21 days. Instead of working outside in I decided to work inside out. To my amazement it was never about the weight loss. After the first three days I thought I bit off more than I could chew. By day five, I was ready to throw in the towel due to mental and emotional ups and downs. If it wasn’t for the individual tender loving care, positive support throughout the day from 7am to 7pm, truly above and beyond quality service of the staff and Directors, and the absolutely stunning Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort accommodations, I wouldn’t have pulled through. I cleansed my mind, body, and spirit. My body is energized, my mind is thinking with more clarity, and I actually feel peace within. I now have a daily yoga routine, educated on what my body needs and doesn’t need, and have post cleanse support for any follow-on questions. Before I left, I’ve already decided to go back. I lost 23 lbs in 21 days without thinking about it, blood pressure went from 155/90 to 128/80, my high uric acid levels from gout went down to normal levels. I am looking forward to getting off medication and start living a happy, healthy, active lifestyle. Thank you very much Mr. Michael Massey and the Atmanjai Staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for such a complimentary review. I'm delighted that our resort guests enjoy such positive and life-changing outcomes from the services at Atmanjai.
Your efforts and commitment to the wellness program will be rewarded for a long time to come. We are delighted that you plan to continue on the pathway to higher levels of health and vitality, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Be well,
Starr

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!