“Beautiful and relaxing retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

Save Saved
You added Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre to your Saves list
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   27/1 Soi Mittrapap | Friendship Beach, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly Friendship Beach Resort & Spa by iCheck Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 24 hotels in Rawai
Berlin, Germany
“Beautiful and relaxing retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Through a recommendation from a friend we decided to book 2 nights at the resort during our honeymoon at the Waterfront King with Jacuzzin room . We liked the place so much, we stayed for an extra night and came back for another night (although we decided to change rooms for a cheaper category, which were as nice as all other rooms we saw) before returning to Bangkok. We were unlucky with the weather, but even on a rainy day, it is a beautiful place. The food at the restaurant is really good and the best part is the staff. We instantly felt like family. Anong, May, Memo and everyone else always made sure we were enjoying our stay and everyone was really helpful at all times. We will recommend it to our friends and will try to come back some day!

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterfront are nice, but since you can spend the whole day at the pool looking at the o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your very positive comments. I think you came to the perfect place for your honeymoon as we are located away from the "maddening crowd" and the usual tourist hype. It was a pleasure to be of service to you.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

IT Professional with over 30 years of stressful corporate society experience on the East Coast. This is my first detox and I decided to go big or go home – Master Cleanse 21 days. Instead of working outside in I decided to work inside out. To my amazement it was never about the weight loss. After the first three days I thought I bit off more than I could chew. By day five, I was ready to throw in the towel due to mental and emotional ups and downs. If it wasn’t for the individual tender loving care, positive support throughout the day from 7am to 7pm, truly above and beyond quality service of the staff and Directors, and the absolutely stunning Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort accommodations, I wouldn’t have pulled through. I cleansed my mind, body, and spirit. My body is energized, my mind is thinking with more clarity, and I actually feel peace within. I now have a daily yoga routine, educated on what my body needs and doesn’t need, and have post cleanse support for any follow-on questions. Before I left, I’ve already decided to go back. I lost 23 lbs in 21 days without thinking about it, blood pressure went from 155/90 to 128/80, my high uric acid levels from gout went down to normal levels. I am looking forward to getting off medication and start living a happy, healthy, active lifestyle. Thank you very much Mr. Michael Massey and the Atmanjai Staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for such a complimentary review. I'm delighted that our resort guests enjoy such positive and life-changing outcomes from the services at Atmanjai.
Your efforts and commitment to the wellness program will be rewarded for a long time to come. We are delighted that you plan to continue on the pathway to higher levels of health and vitality, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Be well,
Starr
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We planned to stay at Friendship Beach Resort for 2 nights and loved it so much we stayed for 3 and then later came back for a 4th. We didn't want to stay in Phuket because we wanted a quieter , calmer location and this was exactly what we were looking for! I would recommend this resort to anyone! The food was outstanding. I only ordered one thing that I didn't care for, otherwise it was all very good. If you are coming to this resort to enjoy the beach, you will be very disappointed. We went to Phi Phi after our stay here so we didn't come to this resort for the beach so we were not disappointed. The pool they have is fantastic. Our kids would swim in it before the ocean any day. The staff is all super friendly and do everything they can to make your stay pleasant. I would recommend Friendship Beach Resort to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
You are exactly the type of vacationer that we try to cater to. Your appreciation of the quietness and peaceful atmosphere is shared by many. And, of course, the overly friendly not-too-professional staff adds to the relaxation and "feeling of home." Please come back again and spread the word.

Genoa, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been at Friendship beach for 10 nights, and completed a 7 day Cleanse at the adjoining Atmanjai. The resort is small and has a lovely relaxed and friendly vibe. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable and great value for money. This is the perfect place for lazy days at the pool and a break from the non-stop craziness of normal life, and away from the hordes of tourists.

The detox program at Atmanjai is exceptional. It is very professionally run, with individual service. The team of Thai ladies (and one gentleman) are genuinely warm and caring and made the experience so much easier. I hope I will be back again.

As for the restaurant, I gave myself 3 days after the detox to sample the excellent healthy menu, and I am not disappointed. The view isn't bad either!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
How lovely of you to write such a wonderful review. Obviously you enjoyed your stay and your body rewarded with the de-dox at our Atmanjai Wellness Center. The healthy menu you partook of is a recent innovation as we are catering to people like yourself who desire to take ownership of your eating habits and enjoy tasty vegetarian and vegan fare. Congratulations to you.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for 10 days at the Friendship Beach Resort, while attending a detox program at the attached Atmanjai Detox and Spa. Property is well run, clean and very pleasant, with a nice swimming pool and overlooking the ocean. We truly enjoyed our well designed bedroom that was also facing the beach. Have not tried the food at the hotel restaurant nor breakfast as we were actually fasting and detoxing the whole stay. But heard very good things about it.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite spacious. Ask for rooms with direct view on the Ocean. Rooms opening to the swimming...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. Next time you must try the menu as it is quite extensive and professionally presented by my American chef. More than half of the fare is vegetarian and/or vegan.

Blessings to you,
Bankstown, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights with friends. Got in late on the first night due to our flight being delayed. No problems checkin into the rooms. However after a long day travelling all I wanted was a beer, but the bar was closed. The staff however did offer to drive us to a 7/11 to get some drinks. And they were fine with us diving in the pool even though it was almost 1am, so long as we kept the noise down, which was fine.

The rooms themselves were nice and comfortable. We were sharing between friends, so only had Singles beds, but they were very comfortable. All rooms had Air-con, and a fridge which came in Handy. The outdoor bathrooms were nice as well.

The staff were very Friendly. And Mae, I think the manager and tour organiser lady, was more than helpful suggesting things for us to do, and organising transport when we needed it.

The few issues I had with the hotel were, as someone else has also said, the menu on the website was different when we arrived to what It was when we booked months before. Something in line with adding a yoga/wellness retreat to the resort. So the menu was very limited. The other issue was the location. It was nice being away from the busier areas, but to get to other areas it was quite far, and there is a not a lot around the resort at all. Which is fine if you just want to chill by the pool all day as there isnt much else to do. Even swimming in the ocean out the front of the resort wasnt an option as the tide goes out for hundreds of meters, and it is basically mud.

While it was a comfortable and value for money hotel, I wouldn't stay there again, and would go to the other side of the island where the beaches are anda few more things to do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and thank you. It seems that the one item you were unhappy about was the menu-in-process. Not making excuses, but we were in a transition period wherein we were adding and perfecting an extensive vegetarian/vegan menu and the staff was learning how to add these new items; we could not offer all the previous items as they would surely have not been able to cope. Now we have an extensive new menu including the favorites from the old menu and are in full production.

Regarding the location issues - it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be in the hustle and bustle Friendship Beach is not for you. We pride ourselves on being away from the bars, disco-tecks and noisy road noise. Although they are not far away, most all our customers enjoy the serenity, cleanliness and up-scale of the resort and appreciate the location.

Many people, many different expectation.

Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hawaii, Guam, Bali and Thailand many times over. I have done my fair share of travel and stayed at some nice spots.
Simply put Friendship Beach Resort is THE BEST experience that I have had to date. I was with a friend and we both LOVED our time there.
The staff...great. The views...awesome. The service...spectacular. If you want a TRULY relaxing vacation experience and happen to find yourself on the island of Phuket Friendship beach is THE place for you.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the water, nearby islands and moon is winner.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward with anticipation to your next visit. Obviously you are a world traveler and to receive a review like yours is heartwarming. Very best wishes to you.

STARR

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!