“Love Friendship Beach Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

You added Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre to your Saves list
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   27/1 Soi Mittrapap | Friendship Beach, Rawai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly Friendship Beach Resort & Spa by iCheck Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Rawai
usa
“Love Friendship Beach Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We planned to stay at Friendship Beach Resort for 2 nights and loved it so much we stayed for 3 and then later came back for a 4th. We didn't want to stay in Phuket because we wanted a quieter , calmer location and this was exactly what we were looking for! I would recommend this resort to anyone! The food was outstanding. I only ordered one thing that I didn't care for, otherwise it was all very good. If you are coming to this resort to enjoy the beach, you will be very disappointed. We went to Phi Phi after our stay here so we didn't come to this resort for the beach so we were not disappointed. The pool they have is fantastic. Our kids would swim in it before the ocean any day. The staff is all super friendly and do everything they can to make your stay pleasant. I would recommend Friendship Beach Resort to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
You are exactly the type of vacationer that we try to cater to. Your appreciation of the quietness and peaceful atmosphere is shared by many. And, of course, the overly friendly not-too-professional staff adds to the relaxation and "feeling of home." Please come back again and spread the word.

STARR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Genoa, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been at Friendship beach for 10 nights, and completed a 7 day Cleanse at the adjoining Atmanjai. The resort is small and has a lovely relaxed and friendly vibe. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable and great value for money. This is the perfect place for lazy days at the pool and a break from the non-stop craziness of normal life, and away from the hordes of tourists.

The detox program at Atmanjai is exceptional. It is very professionally run, with individual service. The team of Thai ladies (and one gentleman) are genuinely warm and caring and made the experience so much easier. I hope I will be back again.

As for the restaurant, I gave myself 3 days after the detox to sample the excellent healthy menu, and I am not disappointed. The view isn't bad either!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
How lovely of you to write such a wonderful review. Obviously you enjoyed your stay and your body rewarded with the de-dox at our Atmanjai Wellness Center. The healthy menu you partook of is a recent innovation as we are catering to people like yourself who desire to take ownership of your eating habits and enjoy tasty vegetarian and vegan fare. Congratulations to you.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for 10 days at the Friendship Beach Resort, while attending a detox program at the attached Atmanjai Detox and Spa. Property is well run, clean and very pleasant, with a nice swimming pool and overlooking the ocean. We truly enjoyed our well designed bedroom that was also facing the beach. Have not tried the food at the hotel restaurant nor breakfast as we were actually fasting and detoxing the whole stay. But heard very good things about it.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite spacious. Ask for rooms with direct view on the Ocean. Rooms opening to the swimming...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. Next time you must try the menu as it is quite extensive and professionally presented by my American chef. More than half of the fare is vegetarian and/or vegan.

Blessings to you,
Bankstown, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights with friends. Got in late on the first night due to our flight being delayed. No problems checkin into the rooms. However after a long day travelling all I wanted was a beer, but the bar was closed. The staff however did offer to drive us to a 7/11 to get some drinks. And they were fine with us diving in the pool even though it was almost 1am, so long as we kept the noise down, which was fine.

The rooms themselves were nice and comfortable. We were sharing between friends, so only had Singles beds, but they were very comfortable. All rooms had Air-con, and a fridge which came in Handy. The outdoor bathrooms were nice as well.

The staff were very Friendly. And Mae, I think the manager and tour organiser lady, was more than helpful suggesting things for us to do, and organising transport when we needed it.

The few issues I had with the hotel were, as someone else has also said, the menu on the website was different when we arrived to what It was when we booked months before. Something in line with adding a yoga/wellness retreat to the resort. So the menu was very limited. The other issue was the location. It was nice being away from the busier areas, but to get to other areas it was quite far, and there is a not a lot around the resort at all. Which is fine if you just want to chill by the pool all day as there isnt much else to do. Even swimming in the ocean out the front of the resort wasnt an option as the tide goes out for hundreds of meters, and it is basically mud.

While it was a comfortable and value for money hotel, I wouldn't stay there again, and would go to the other side of the island where the beaches are anda few more things to do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and thank you. It seems that the one item you were unhappy about was the menu-in-process. Not making excuses, but we were in a transition period wherein we were adding and perfecting an extensive vegetarian/vegan menu and the staff was learning how to add these new items; we could not offer all the previous items as they would surely have not been able to cope. Now we have an extensive new menu including the favorites from the old menu and are in full production.

Regarding the location issues - it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be in the hustle and bustle Friendship Beach is not for you. We pride ourselves on being away from the bars, disco-tecks and noisy road noise. Although they are not far away, most all our customers enjoy the serenity, cleanliness and up-scale of the resort and appreciate the location.

Many people, many different expectation.

Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hawaii, Guam, Bali and Thailand many times over. I have done my fair share of travel and stayed at some nice spots.
Simply put Friendship Beach Resort is THE BEST experience that I have had to date. I was with a friend and we both LOVED our time there.
The staff...great. The views...awesome. The service...spectacular. If you want a TRULY relaxing vacation experience and happen to find yourself on the island of Phuket Friendship beach is THE place for you.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the water, nearby islands and moon is winner.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward with anticipation to your next visit. Obviously you are a world traveler and to receive a review like yours is heartwarming. Very best wishes to you.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife booked this as our second place to stay on our holiday. We had just had a fantastic few days in another part of Phuket and then we came here, mainly for my wife as she wanted us to have a romantic time in a quiet but special place. Sadly, it wasn't for us dor the following reasons:

First, it is expensive to travel here and go anywhere from here. There is basically nothing particularly interesting around the area and to get to other restaurants and beaches, you have to take a very expensive taxi service. All there is nearby is an ok coffee shop (but at least it had proper food!!), and a minimart shop about 300 yards from the entrance. It felt isolated, but maybe some people like that. I didn't, to be honest, but my wife was ok about it.

The rooms are ok, but so noisy. Our room was near the pool and path and at night on 3 occasions people were having a really loud argument. It is full of yoga people and they appeared to be stressed out at times and having a relationship issue. So, sleep wasn't great. These yoga people ought to chill out and have a cigarette. More on that in a tick.

There is a pool, which is average size and ok. It was nice to swim, but that was all there was to do really. Oh, and some people were swimming with their clothes on! They were Thai (I guess) kids and two ladies and they were eating at the table near the deluxe block and then went into the pool with their clothes on! I was astonished as that is terrible terrible terrible hygiene. Nobody said anything to them too! After I saw this, I was turned off the pool. There is a beach but it is not for swimming. But the sea was calmer here than in the other place we stayed, so sad that the beach is not great to go take a swim in.

The food is strange. My wife showed me the website before we came here and it said there is a famous chef and the menu looked good. When we got here the food was different from the menu and it was like some health place. At this I wanted to leave, but my wife had already paid and we stayed till the end of our time. There were a couple of things we tried that did turn out to be semi tasty, but how can people eat most of this stuff? I was very unhappy that the resort did not let us know in advance that it had changed food and focus.

Next, I smoke. Ok, I am not ashamed about that as I enjoy it, but here I had other people staying there asking me to move and stop smoking. The staff were ok as they gave me an ashtray and let me sit between the beach and pool, but other guests would come up to me and I noticed the looks. Other smokers were having the same problem. In the days I was there, I got spoken to 3 times by other guests! What the @@@@!

In all honesty, I wouldn't like to come here again and I really think the website should tell the truth. It was so disappointing after such a swell first half of our holiday on the other side.

Room Tip: Don't believe what you see on their website!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
It is most unusual to receive comments like this but we thank you for taking time to post your views. While we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay, your review does confirm to us that we are heading in the right direction. In fact the heading of your post is perfect. We are not an action-packed, night-spot. There is plenty of opportunity for that in other areas of Phuket, namely Patong. We are a relaxed, laid-back, simple, comfortable, semi up-scale and friendly resort. Of course this is not to everybody’s taste.

It’s a shame we weren’t informed about the guests who argued at night, if we had been, then perhaps we could have spoken with them.

It is a Thai custom to be modest when swimming, as it is in many cultures. Here we try to embrace the country we live in and our guests typically enjoy that they have the opportunity to meet Thai people in the resort, instead of having little or no interaction with the local culture. As our swimming pool has an excellent filtration system I very much doubt that the hygiene concern you express is an issue at all.

Our menu has evolved and I apologize that we have not updated the website to reflect this. I will contact our webmaster today to do so. Our award winning chef is still in charge of the kitchen, and we are offering a range of dishes including fresh seafood, pastas, and vegetarian dishes. We also have burgers and sandwiches on our menu for those who prefer something a little less healthy.

Regarding smoking, most countries have legislation that restricts smoking in restaurants and many public areas. We choose to let the majority of our guests enjoy a smoke free environment. There is a smoking area, right on the beach which guests are welcome to use. In fact as a smoker myself, I use that area. This is a basic courtesy for those who do not enjoy the smell and the health dangers associated with cigarettes.
Obviously you didn’t have a great time and that’s unfortunate.

We do look forward to continuing to welcome and please guests who are looking for something a little different from the typical mainstream resort experience.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

3 rd trip here all ways stay here,this end of the island is just magic,the staff become your family not just friends,everything you would like to do or see is just down the road, the staff will help you with local Knowles and secrets,try the Rawai seafront fish markets,buy it fresh and then decide how its to be cooked,is it expensive?silly question,value,all the busy tourist stuff is just over the hill,but really if you want to relax and enjoy the real Thailand and be welcomed home ,simply stay here

Room Tip: Ocean front is good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SeasideResort, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Sir - Your comments are reflect exactly what we are trying to achieve. Anyone who stays with us on 3 occasions surely is a seasoned traveler and can write an accurate review. Thanks from all the staff for your kind comments.

STARR

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!