Stayed here for a few nights with friends. Got in late on the first night due to our flight being delayed. No problems checkin into the rooms. However after a long day travelling all I wanted was a beer, but the bar was closed. The staff however did offer to drive us to a 7/11 to get some drinks. And they were fine with us diving in the pool even though it was almost 1am, so long as we kept the noise down, which was fine.
The rooms themselves were nice and comfortable. We were sharing between friends, so only had Singles beds, but they were very comfortable. All rooms had Air-con, and a fridge which came in Handy. The outdoor bathrooms were nice as well.
The staff were very Friendly. And Mae, I think the manager and tour organiser lady, was more than helpful suggesting things for us to do, and organising transport when we needed it.
The few issues I had with the hotel were, as someone else has also said, the menu on the website was different when we arrived to what It was when we booked months before. Something in line with adding a yoga/wellness retreat to the resort. So the menu was very limited. The other issue was the location. It was nice being away from the busier areas, but to get to other areas it was quite far, and there is a not a lot around the resort at all. Which is fine if you just want to chill by the pool all day as there isnt much else to do. Even swimming in the ocean out the front of the resort wasnt an option as the tide goes out for hundreds of meters, and it is basically mud.
While it was a comfortable and value for money hotel, I wouldn't stay there again, and would go to the other side of the island where the beaches are anda few more things to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre is your very own private hideaway located on the south east coast of Phuket Island. Situated right on the beach, our comfortable 30 rooms and suites offer exceptional value in a stunning location and are just a stones throw from the resort's pool and secluded beach.The hotel offers breathtaking panoramic views of Chalong Bay and is the perfect location in which to explore the Andaman's famous archipelago of islands.Located on beautiful Chalong Bay.Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre has a spa and private beach and offers free Wi-Fi throughout. The 30 air-conditioned rooms feature a minibar, satellite TV and private hot shower and are just a short walk from the beach and boast a high ceiling, tile floor and Bali-style decor. All rooms at Friendship Beach Resort & Spa come with a fridge and a personal safe.Central Shopping Mall, Tesco Lotus Mall and the Home Pro Village Mall are a 10-minute drive from the hotel. It is a 25-minute drive from Patong Beach and a 45-minute drive from Phuket Airport. On-site parking is free. Atmanjai Wellness Centre offers spa treatments and detox programs, as well as oceanside yoga classes. Guests can lounge by the outdoor pool, enjoy the garden or unwind with a massage.The hotel's restaurant offers al fresco dining, serving up Thai and Western favourites. It is open daily from 07:00-22:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friendship Beach Waterfront Hotel Rawai
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre Phuket/Rawai