We did 2 sea trips with Simba on November 29 (Phi Phi Islands Sunrise) and 30 (Phang Nga Bay). First here is what impressed me about Simba:
- My email correspondence with them (through Addy) to confirm the 2 bookings many months in advance was a breeze. Everything went smoothly. The information provided or requested was clear and complete.
- They followed up with me a couple of days before our arrival in Phuket to ensure we were still in line for the tours. They confirmed all pick-up times and locations.
- Both mornings, some customers were late for their hotel pick-up. Addy called us at our hotel to let us know the driver would be late but on his way to our hotel. Most operators would have us wait in the lobby until the pick-up van eventually makes it there. Not Simba.
- Simba always leaves early and generally gets its customers to the sites first in the morning, prior to the arrival of bigger boats filled with (mostly Russian) tourists. What an advantage it is to get there first and enjoy a site before the crowd fills up the place.
- They delivered on their promise not to overload the boats. We did not go over 12 passengers for each of the sea tours. Very comfortable and friendly.
- Their equipment, from pick-up van to snorkeling, is in top condition.
- The food and drinks were abundant and very generously offered many times during the day.
- The owners, Geoff and Jenny, each participated to one of the 2 tours with a staff of 4. The owners and their staff, particularly Harry, were extremely helpful during the day, provided interesting information about the islands and were very social with their guests. These guys definitely love what they do and it shows.
Now, about the tours, if you cannot do both, here is what I would suggest should guide your decision as to which tour you choose:
- Phi Phi Sunrise tour: this tour is mainly water activity related. You will bathe, snorkel and visit sites with pristine waters for most of the day. You will also see nice islands, feed monkeys and other such treats but the main focus will be to take advantage of exceptional water conditions.
- Phang Nga Bay tour: this tour is mainly a site visit tour in a National Park. You will see amazing islands popping vertically straight out of the sea (including James Bond Island), visit caves, a floating village, be taken on a canoe trip were a guide will take you to superb sites. You will have a chance to bathe only once on the very last stop of the day. The beach is interesting but it is not half as good as the water you enjoy on the Phi Phi Sunrise Tour.
No matter your decision as to which tour you select, doing it with Simba will remain a very smart choice.
If you own or manage Simba Sea Trips, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.