Kon-Tiki Phuket Diving & Snorkeling Center - Phuket
+66 76 330 674
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in November 1989, Kon-Tiki Phuket Diving & Snorkeling center is one of the longest running in Phuket. Today you'll find our 5 star PADI IDC Centers in the heart of Patong at Rat-U-Thit and Soi Sansabai. From here you can book your daily diving or snorkeling trip, scuba course in Phuket and several liveaboard to the Similan islands. Our dive centers are well stocked with diving and snorkeling equipment from all major brands and often to much better prices found around the world.Our dive trips from Phuket take you to the amazing coral reefs around Phi Phi islands, Racha Islands, King Cruiser Wreck, Shark Point and Anemone Reef. Our boat takes a maximum of 20 guests with plenty of space for everybody. We are the only dive center in Phuket who does a special Sunset BBQ and local diving around the island.We believe in excellent customer service, the highest safety standards and we want to inspire you on every sigle trip you do with us. We are looking forward seeing you in Phuket whether you go diving, snorkeling, doing a scuba course, joining a liveaboard trip or just wants to have a chat about our beautiful island.
Vossevangen, Norway
“Great..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Is not much to say. On a scale of one to ten, deserves the twelve :-)
A nice Danish work there. And you are caught and treated in the best way.
And if you are lucky you Alla Vlasenko that your instructor .. One great innstruktør ..
Follow the white rabbit and all goes well;-)

Visited August 2013

Paris, France
“A good diving center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very great team, nice people, and good equipment
Big shop and nice boat for divers with good meals and softs drinks.

Don't worry, Dive happy with Kon Tiki :)

Visited September 2012
Seville, Spain
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed a lot here doing the advanced course of scuba diving.

Everything was just perfect and our instructor even more. He gave us a lot of trust something that is always a benefit!

Thanks guys!

Visited July 2013
Manila, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
“Divemasters should improve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Dive Center is big and professional.

Management, however, should take care of Instructors/Guides during dives, and group assembly:

- it is not acceptable to have 4 guys on a group with a DM if 3 of the guys are (1) AOW with 100+ diving the week before, (2) Rescue Diver with 50+ diving the day before, (3) Master Scuba Diver with 200+ diving 4 months before, and (4) ONE Open Water with 5 dives that had not dived for 1 year!

- specially not acceptable is the guide (DM / Instructor) taking pictures along the way, basically forgetting about the group, leaving me to baby-sit the OW diver, which I had to take to the surface in a hurry with 30 bar left (he had lied to me 5 minutes before, at same depth, around 10m, saying he still had 80 bar left, which I knew it was impossible). The guide meanwhile was 15m away taking pictures.

- same guide advise us all (after telling her I had 50 dives on the previous 4 months using the same weights) to take ONE extra Kilo on the first dive BECAUSE THE WEYSUIT WOULD BE DRY! I can't still understand what she meant...

- I have never seen a guide 10-12m away all the time from the group, not caring at all, not asking for pressure, not looking back ever... Myself, I was baby-sitting, diving half distance between her and my buddy... She did not even ask the young guy ONCE about his pressure! An OW Diver doing his 6th dive one year after his certification, and she did not ask him once!

She was supposed to be working, but she had a great time, diving around and taking pictures while I had to take care of the OW Diver all the time, taking care to avoid losing her or him, not enjoying it at all, and paying for the dive!!

The last dive I skipped, obviously. and I complained to management, but no further explanation was given...

Visited December 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Terrible Gear, Unapologetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked a trip through these guys in their shop and since it was low season I was put on another dive company's boat: South Siam Divers. The next day, Kon Tiki sent my rental gear over to South Siam for my dive. I opened up my dive bag after leaving port to find size 43 fins (I wrote down womens size 7 (37)) which were 3 inches too big. Stupid mistake to give a small woman enormous fins. Thankfully South Siam had fins of their own they kindly let me borrow.

Next, I set up my gear and after the hour boat ride I entered the water only to find my computer gage bubbling like crazy and my tank pressure had dropped 1/3. SERIOUSLY, SENDING SOMEONE WITH A LEAKING PRESSURE HOSE??!! AGAIN, thankfully south siam set me up with their own reg and a new tank.

Went to the shop to express my disappointment with the gear and the owner just said "well we had all gear serviced last month" ...No sorry, nothing. Clearly he made his money and didn't care one bit.

Kon Tiki doesn't care about the quality of the gear they give you and with diving this is of key importance. I'd say a functioning regulator is necessary.

AVOID IF YOU WANT FUNCTIONING GEAR! (check out South Siam Divers)

Visited May 2013