“Most scenic golf course I've ever played ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 32 Outdoor Activities in Kathu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Winding its way through a truly dramatic 1400 rai former tin mine site in the heart of Phuket, Red Mountain is one of Asia's most exciting new courses that officially opened in 2008. The course has been cleverly routed to take advantage of a huge variety of landforms and dizzying elevation changes. Scars left from the tin mine era have been imaginatively incorporated into the overall scheme, creating a unique character at the same time as establishing an indelible link with an important era in the Island's past. Designer Jon Morrow and co-designer Al Tikkanen, have created a highly strategic and challenging 6,900 yard lay out to complement the shorter and gentler Loch Palm which is next door. While the course is undoubtedly challenging, numerous risk and reward options create a fun playing environment, an exhilarating test of golf and a breathtaking scenic tour around a course that has become a golfing landmark in the region.
3 attraction reviews
“Most scenic golf course I've ever played ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Not an easy course by any means , but the beauty of the place makes you forget about the bad shots you may have played .

My 9 year old and I only played first 14 holes until the rain hit us hard so we waited it out and moved swiftly onto the signature 17th .

Everything is perfect from tee box to pin the course looks ready for a major tournament . After playing every course in Phuket this one out stands out by far .

One negative is that even though the golf organizer pays TB 350 for the caddie fee the friendly , fantastic and hard working caddie only gets TB 200 but this seems to be common practice around Phuket . So please keep in mind and tip extra when caddie is good .

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Best golf cousre I have ever played on.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Booked this through our hotel & was picked up on time. We had a great round & the caddies were very helpful with advise. Only problem was that the rough was really rough, more like jungle....no way was I going in there to retrieve a lost ball. There were little kiosks every couple of holes where you could get cold drinks, sandwiches, beers etc. Caddies had an endless supply of cold towels for you to use.Would recommend this to all types of golfers.

Visited August 2014
Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Great Course But..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is my 10 th time playing Red Mountain and I have brought groups of 15 + on several occasions to enjoy this fantastic course but my last experience left bad taste and I may not return.

This week I was playing as single and finished 18 in just under 2 hours so I contacted my agent to book an extra 9 as I had plenty of time. I booked through my agent while on the course assuming it would be in the neighbourhood of 3000 THB for extra 9 but to my dismay they charged 5000 THB !!!!

Great course but suffering from sticker shook

Visited August 2014
Toronto
“Tough Course if you are not straight off the tee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Although the entry price is high by Thailand standards for golf, the value is there. The course is beautiful and every hole is a challenge. If you are not straight off the tee it's very easy to get into trouble as the rough is close to the jungle. The 17th elevated par 3 tee is a real treat! Depending on your tee selection you will be anywhere from 40 to 60 meters above the hole!

Visited April 2014
“Spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This magnificent course is simply spectacular with a couple of signature holes, most notably the 17th. Very good caddies new all distances and Am (my caddy no. 29) had distances in metres Hired clubs and shoes. You have to take a buggy but you would not want to walk the back 9 anyway.
It was pretty expensive but worth every dollar. Just do it if you get an opportunity.