“Diving” 4 of 5 stars

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
“Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the second time that i have went with this dive company, location of the shop is just across the road from the hotel, the freelance instructors were very very helpful with everything.
The staff were also very good and helpful.
I am going back again in Feb just for diving.

Visited October 2012

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Not the place for you.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I took my open water course with Sea World out of Patong. My first instructor was an English guy, who seemed pretty cool. I didn't really learn much from him in the class & pool instruction. I read the book, and I was really serious about the class. The first day of open water diving, was just learning by doing. I didn't get anything from the teacher. He was more interested in his camera, and taking photos. He later tried to sell me a DVD for 2000 bhat. On the 3rd day, they changed teachers on me because another customer missed a day, and they had to split up our small 2-person class. The new teacher had no idea what I had learned, what I didn't learn. He didn't really care, and we just went on 2 dives, and it was finished. So much for learning. Also, they sold me a mask & other really cheap quality gear at really high prices. The mask was a plastic (not glass) mask, and was designed for free diving. It scratched up really easy, and I ended up throwing it out. I didn't know any-better. (I know better now). Simple things I didn't learn in this basic class like: Properly logging your dives, how to keep your mask from fogging up, how to clear your mask properly, etc. just were not covered. Later, I took the advanced open water course, and I learned things that I should have learned in the basic course. Also, just diving with good dive masters helped me learn alot. The good dive masters also suggested I watch & learn what type of equipment other divers use. I ended up buying a full kit, a couple of pieces at a time. Sea World would have had a good, life time customer, but they basically screwed me. I would not suggest anyone use Sea World. As another writer said, they only want your money, and they could care less if you learn anything or not. Keep shopping. Manow.

Visited October 2011
San Francisco, California
“Stay Away!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I signed up to take this course with friends while on a holiday. I went a week early to schedule so I can dive with my friends that were coming to Phuket. I was concerned as I was sick and had a severe sinus infection. I took the study course, and started the pool lessons but could not go more than 8 meters because of the pressure. The sinus infection was worst the next day and I could not attend the dives. They refused to refund even part of the funds and that I live clear across the world. They had adequate notice and they knew I likely could not dive because I was sick. They basically get you in and want your money and kick you back out the door. They offered me to continue the course another time, that really helps! Stay away there are many other places that are well reviewed.

Visited November 2011
San Francisco, California
“Truly nightmare scuba lesson experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We signed up to take the beginner Padi Scuba Diver class. Right from the outset the class started 30 minutes late because the instructor, Rene, showed up late. We did the book portion at mach 1, retaining almost nothing. After lunch we started the pool skills lesson and the nightmare really began. The instructor obviously was burned out, he mocked the 'indians and chinese' who can't swim at all and said at least we can swim. Then he said his pedagogic technique was "monkey see, monkey do". In other words he didn't bother explaining why were were doing anything but rather had us copy him underwater. If we didn't do it correctly he would roughly grab us and force us to do it right. Now if you've ever been underwater with a respirator, you know how important it is not to panic - but that is exactly what this teaching style made us feel. After an hour he clearly just wanted to get done for the day so he started just skipping skills to get through it, telling us "not to complain and he would let us pass". He finished 4 hours of pool class in 2 hours - only we learned nothing! Note to school, don't used burned out expats for teachers!

Visited May 2011
new york
“Phukett, Thailand Sea World Dive Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

This past summer I took a trip to Thailand. In phukett i decided to take a beginners scuba diving lesson with Sea Worl Dive Team located at the top of Banglar Road. My instructor was Dave who made this first time experience both easy, fun, and most importantly the experience of a life time. I had so much fun on my first dive I decided to get my PADI open water certification. It took about three days, one day was spent in their pool, which was amazing and the other two were spent on their boat. Their dive boat was amazing, the chef on board cooked great food, and th staff was a lot of fun. My instructor Dave was the best, he made everything extremely easy and was very accomodating when i got a little freaked out about certain things. If you are ever in Phukett the Sea World Dive Experience with Dave is a must!!!!