We chose this hotel for its central location, near to the beach and next to the Jungceylon Shopping Centre. We found Lakeside Wing better for its larger swimming pool (pool at Beachside Wing is smaller) and good buffet breakfast. The rooms are cosy and comfortable. But a bit dated compared to our first stay one year ago. Paintwork was coming off and the toilet flush wasn't working well. We had free wifi but patchy on & off access only at the lobby area. Felt that complimentary Wifi (in the comfort of our hotel room) should be included in the price we pay. Even 2 or 3 star hotels are offering their guests complimentary Wifi these days.
Difference between the two wings : Beachside Wing is nearer to the beach, more convenient to access especially after Jungceylon shopping centre close at 10pm (the door access from shopping mall to the hotel is closed at 10pm). So if you are staying at Lakeside Wing, you will need to walk further , past Beachside Wing and around the perimeter of the shopping mall to reach Lakeside Wing (a short distance is pretty dark to walk), Beachside Wing lobby area is air-conditioned. Lakeside wing is not. Beachside Wing pool is smaller. Only Lakeside wing has pool-access cabana rooms, gym and spa facilities. Security a bit better at the Beachside Wing.
This is our second time staying at the hotel. Our first stay was one year ago. In my first review of this hotel, I had mentioned about the lack of security in the hotel. One year later, it's still the same. Nothing changed. We decided to stay the second time as we thought some improvements would have been done after one year. But we were wrong. We stayed at the Lakeside Wing. Everytime we walked into the hotel lobby, not a single glance from any of the hotel personnel at the front desk and neither did I see a single security guard at the lobby at all. There is a door that links the hotel to the Jungcelyon shopping mall. No security guard there either. Anyone could come in and out anytime he/she wants and take the lift up to the guest rooms without anyone stopping them. On one occassion, when we were walking back to our room, we spotted two men loitering outside the corridor of the guest rooms. They looked lost and were knocking on the door of a nearby room. They proceeded to knock on another door later. Really didn't seem like they were guest of the hotel at all. It would be better to have added security feature installed in the lift where only guests could access/use the lift with a swipe of their hotel room card in the lift in order to have access to their floor. Or have a security guard standby near the hotel lift or exit.
Tip : Remember to request for a room further away from the disco if you are a light sleeper
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Resort Patong Phuket Hotel
- Millennium Resort Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Millennium Hotel Patong
- Millennium Hotel Patong Phuket
- Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Five-Star Resort is located in an idyllic location and set within lush tropical landscaping. The oasis of calm sits at the heart of one of Phuket’s most vibrant and popular areas, Patong Beach, making it the perfect location for an enjoyable holiday with friends or family. This magnificent Phuket hotel consists of two separate wings. The Beachside features a total of 197 spacious rooms while The Lakeside has 221 rooms, each furnished with rustic charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Millennium Resort Patong Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.